Low pressure - heater system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low pressure - heater system
Not sure if this actually is a fault, or if its supposed to be like that.
But I think my heater blows with low pressure. At max, I can only feel the "wind" at about 2-3 cm from the fan. It does its job, blowing the dew away. But its very slow.
On my previous cars, there has been more pressure in the air thats coming out. On 1,2 and 3, I can barely feel any air. No problems with heat. After 10 mins of driving, air pressure suddenly seems to rise a bit.

What could be the problem here? Clogged fan?

It is rain season, so would be nice with some tips before I start looking for faults(if there even is one).
Thanks given by:
yeh that doesnt sound right. I would probably be taking a look at the fan and making sure it isnt wet and that it isnt full of debris. Also check the intake under the windscreen to make sure thats not clogged.
Thanks given by:
EU 306's had pollen filters is yours blocked?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, will check Smile Probably wont find a guide then.
My local dealer charges 60£ just for the filter..... while Ebay has em for under 10. (shipped from the UK, which is weird as you dont have those Tongue )
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 03:51 PM)cully Wrote: EU 306's had pollen filters is yours blocked?

Dont think mine got one. Removed everything until I was looking into the fan and the resistor. No filter Smile
Thanks given by:
sounds like a fan resistor problem
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 01:04 PM)toseland Wrote: sounds like a fan resistor problem

Wouldnt it always be on max, if that one was at fault? Or can resistors break, so that they just give to much resistance all the time? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Update: Fan died yesterday. It has stopped working before, but started again if i gave it a small kick. But no luck yesterday.
Happened while I was at a mates. Had to stop to remove ice from the windshield 3 times on a 5 min drive home Tongue

Took the fan out today, cleaned it out with wd40 and q-tips(so much dirt in the motor). Put it back in, and noticed that the wiring seems to be to short. Something hitting the wire will make one of the connectors fall off. Not sure how bad connection has stopped it from working at full force, but its perfect now. When the snowstorm stops I'll have to cut it and make it longer. But as long as it works, its going to have to wait. I have so much snow in the car now Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ph1 heater fan system Piggy 8 2,483 04-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Piggy