Wire with blue connector under seat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire with blue connector under seat?
I was checking the lift pump was working before and had the rear seats up, apart from pocket fluff and 25p I found a long black wire with a blue connector on the end not connected to anything under the sound proofing. The panel had 'SLAMI/BLOIS N5/N7' written on it, any ideas what it is?
Thanks given by:
Its for the 6 CD autochanger.
Thanks given by:
Ah, Im guessing it is an optional extra?
Thanks given by:
Yep, but its cheaper for them to use the same loom in all cars. Only ever seen a couple so not a common option I guess lol.
Thanks given by:
finding a matching changer is a job+1/2
so I changed the head unit, blootooth, aux & usb inputs, aux & sub outs. Smile
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I just listen to the radio... lol
Thanks given by:
I've asked for a headunit from my sister for Christmas so I can wait, I don't have any CDs anymore haha. However it's pointless as my drivers door speaker and tweeter aren't working, also haven't the foggiest how to repair the wiring loom
Thanks given by:
Is it the door loom broken? Proper way is to solder and heatshrink any broken wires... My way is just crimp them haha.
Thanks given by:
I just assumed so as the speaker is fine and another speaker doesn't work on the door, the wiring at the back of the radio is fine and the window/locks work okay. How do I remove the door loom or is it a massive pain? I'm really not good with wires lol
Thanks given by:
Its usually the bit between the door and the car. Easiest to take the door off and pull the rubber back from the plug.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can this connector be cut off? (egr?) tigerstyle 2 990 20-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Last Post: tigerstyle
  Yellow connector in engine bay tigerstyle 5 1,893 21-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Connector. MartinL 2 1,228 02-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Last Post: MartinL