So... Politics? Anyone???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... Politics? Anyone???
@highwayman306, Your facts aren't facts!!

Let me pick on this one in particular is it's the most wrong

(29-10-2015, 06:52 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Lords get their title either by birth or by money (which helps massively) or time served as an MP. However they get the title, they have a 'duty' to vote on things in parliament or whatever it is they grumble about. They get paid to just be there, they don't have to vote but as long as they sign in they get their ~£40k a year from just that.

The lords DO NOT get paid a penny for their services, they can claim expenses of up to £2/300 per day but for the Scottish lords that would barely cover a return on the train.

You contradict yourself by saying they have a "duty" to vote then in the next sentence saying they don't even have to vote to get their money.

You couldn't expect them to all turn up and vote anyway. There are 817 lords but only 250 seats in the house so if they all turn up there will be alot of old people standing and that would never work.

You cant become a lord just for having served a long time as an MP.

3 sentences, 4 mistakes. Good work. Maybe fact check what your writing before posting in future.
Thanks given by:
Will do, was what I was told, I will retract....bacon facts are right though... Sorry for misinformation Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Can we please get back on track with this thread?

[Image: Demotivational-pictures-bacon_zpsvjwzmj60.jpg]

Thank you
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Mmmmmmm bacon, just taking a 10 pack out the freezer for dinner.
Best day off ever.
Thanks given by:
BLT roll for lunch today was just right followed by the tattie scone and square sausage roll my daughter didn't have ;-)
Thanks given by:
I reminded myself why I don't buy bacon from the supermarket, there's 10 slices there!!! f*cking paper thin nonsense, need thick bacon so it cooks at the same rate as sausages.

EDIT: god that is an atrocious photo
Thanks given by:
Don't buy any meat from a supermarket. Its normally all absolute toss (even their "posh" ranges). Butchers normally give such better products for the same price (if not cheaper) and your putting money in a locals pocket rather than some multi million pound company who don't care less.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I feel fat just looking at that plate Chris! lol
Thanks given by:
I feel hungry looking at that plate Chris! :-)
And +1 on what Niall said!
Thanks given by: