So... Politics? Anyone???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... Politics? Anyone???
Any thoughts on what's going on with your country? / counties? Not good for most il bet? Huh
Thanks given by:
They're all liars, don't trust them.
Thanks given by:
Meh, it all confuses me... I'll just wait for a Kez rant to clear it all up... Wink lol
Thanks given by:
just like a bag of snakes!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
lol tom, its right...

Politicians:
Aren't they there for the people??? All i can see is they are there for themselves!

The Lords surprised me though, i really don't think they like George Osbourne too much (but then, who does?) lol but its only a matter of time before he gets his way. Especially with his bum buddy Cameron standing by him, the pricks, sorry getting personal...

So yeah, politics...f*ck politics. Ive worked hard for all of my working life, so have my parents and their parents.
Im Labour, but I'm going off the whole lot of them.

There doesn't seem to be anyone in it for the people. They are there to represent the public but with the division of views, all they do is bicker like children. They always see to say 'lets make Britain great again' or words to that effect, but everything they seem to do doesn't work!

Im not going to rant anymore...today, about this that is Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Don't they say you should never talk about religion or politics?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 08:49 AM)Orta Wrote: Don't they say you should never talk about religion or politics?

Exactly this!

Bacon is my religion, because bacon is real and no wars have ever started because of bacon but i bet a few have been solved by it!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I had this conversation recently with someone about this. They found it weird how i was pro Green party my way just because i liked cars. That was there one basis for the fact i cant be. However i dont think they are best for country overall. I vote for who's best for me and gives me and my family the best "promises" not that they keep to them but hey ho. Dont vote dont moan and all that. And i like to moan.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 08:41 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: The Lords surprised me though,

I found the Lords situation quite amusing, but for another reason.

Only a few months ago all the 'vocal left' were banging on about abolishing the Lords and stuff, how they cost loads of money and do F-all.
Now suddenly the Lords have stepped in and told the government where to stick it, people can't sing their praises enough.

What is it with Politics and short-mindedness that makes them go hand-in-hand???
Thanks given by:
Because nobody with half a mind can bullshit that much with a straight face.

But yeah, sod talking about politics, you'll just end up with a shouting match between mongs.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 04:04 PM)Poodle Wrote: Because nobody with half a mind can bullshit that much with a straight face.

But yeah, sod talking about politics, you'll just end up with a shouting match between mongs.

This.

At some point in the thread some inbred fuckstick will come along and say something racist, bigoted or just downright stupid, making the rest of us look bad to an outsider.
Thanks given by:
All the political parties are as bad as each other. They all make false promises.

I grew up in a split labour/conservative household, another family member is quite high up in the Conservative party in Norfolk but I disagree with bits of them all.

It's about siding with the party you disagree least with.

I just don't vote.
Thanks given by:
politics aside for a moment, I recon the House of Lords could do with some thinning out. (more members than in the Commons)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
The problem is we are buttfucked by debt from previous governments. The UK national debt is about £1.5 TRILLION!!!
That's £1,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!

The interest on that alone is £1 Billion a week (£1,000,000,000,000) which is about 15% of GDP (GDP is everything the country makes in a year) which is like if you earn £2,000 per month then paying £300 a month in interest and that is just interest, we don't get anything for that money, it just goes in someone else's pocket and we're not even reducing the debt.

Even with the cuts we are still spending more than we earn so the debt is going up month on month. It's like taking out a wonga loan every month to tide you over and currently as a country we are that f*cked that soon we are going to be more in debt than we earn in a year.

If we don't sort it we are going to end up f*cked. Yes the cuts are un pleasant and yes people are dying because of the cuts and it will get worse but look at what's happened to Greece.

On the upside once the deficit is gone, because our GDP is going up year on year we can start paying back the debt or increasing public spending again (or both)
Thanks given by:
too many word Chris didn't bother reading it.......someone did say bacon though..mmmmmm!

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye , silverzx
Damn so hungry for bacon atm...
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
I just ate half a ham, i'm so happy right now.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Mmmmmmmm bacon

Although apparently that causes cancer as bad as drinking and smoking.

Theres no way I'm giving up drinking AND bacon so I might take up smoking. the extra tax will help the government out
Thanks given by: silverzx
Im not going to go into my political views for two reasons. One I'm about to make clear and the other is that people will just argue lol

To me, it seems people only look at how a particular party will affect them individually and not the town they are in or the country they are a part of. The issue here is there is no team spirit and no thinking for the greater good. We as a country are in a pretty f*cked up state. Not the worst out there by far but we still need to work our way out of it and we can't do that by giving everyone everything they want. Yes, some people may suffer (depends how you define suffer but thats a whole other conversation) but the point is if we can get into a more stable position as a country, life should get easier for everyone. Unfortunately, thats not a overnight thing!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My vote is for bacon
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Ideological austerity being felt by the poor while the rich get an inheritance tax cut. What more is there to say?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2015, 12:14 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: What more is there to say?

Bacon for Prime Minister!

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2015, 06:46 AM)cully Wrote:
(28-10-2015, 12:14 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: What more is there to say?

Bacon for Prime Minister!

Kevin Bacon?? Blush
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Hmmm bacon where the damn bacon when I need a butty
Thanks given by:
I'm glad everyone agrees on the bacon front. Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Our current pm is a big fan :-P looks a little like a boiled ham too.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Maybe someone should start up a party called the bacon butty party!
Bacon has my vote and most of the other members who replied so far have called bacon a win too lol
Thanks given by:
It's always basically the same few statements that come out of the PM's mouth regardless of what he's asked 'something something strong economy, better Britain, labour got us in this mess' whilst avoiding the actual question/s skirting around the fact he point blank lied to the electorate before the election.

There's a deliberate spotlight on 'benefit fraud' and making out anyone accepting welfare as a scrounger. But benefit fraud accounts for around 1.2 billion a year, tax avoidance from massive corporations works out to over 100 billion a year - Facebook paid just over 4,000 in tax despite over 150,000,000 in earnings last year. But the richest are getting tax breaks, whilst the poorer of society gets their tax credits cut (albeit in a few years instead, thanks to the lords)
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's about time something was done about corporate tax avoidance, but unfortunately it's a Europe wide issue so we can't takle it alone.

We signed up to these stupid treaties that allowed these loopholes to be used, the solution has to come at the European level really.

We need a law saying you pay tax in the country the money came from, because the current method is total bullshit.
Thanks given by:
perhaps some of the treaties need scrapping and starting over - -
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: