1.6HDI ENGINE???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.6HDI ENGINE???
Anybody clues up on the 1.6 Hdi engine?? I have a Berlingo which is turning over but not fireing up?? Anyone any ideas??
Thanks given by:
Hit any bad potholes today? Inertia switch! Find it and press it see if this helps, on the 306 there's a big brown relay behind the ecu that occasionally needs pulled and replaced before it will start after flat battery's etc! Don't know if these will help but got to be worth trying!
Thanks given by:
Any previous history to the problem? Codes?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cam/Crank Synchronisation maybe.
Thanks given by:
Get PP2k on it... Or at the very least a generic OBD reader. You're just shitting in a fan otherwise.
Thanks given by:
The van was driving 100% then just cut out one day. It's been Layin at a mechanics as over a year now, he's tryed replacing the pump, brain, bci unit. He reckons now there's a broken wire in the engine loom somewhere. Anyway getting the van collected tomorrow. Gona get it plugged in and go from there. Also have the chance to buy another van which was hit. Thinking of buying it an getting whatever my van needs off it to get it going
Thanks given by:
As Tom said get in plugged in first and go from there. Out of interest is it the new type berlingo or one of the older shapes?
Thanks given by:
The last of the older shapes 2008 uses the new engine tho
Thanks given by:
Ah was thinking it was probably last of that type, I wouldnt mind one of the newer shape ones to fix up.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you need a better mechanic tbh, get it to somebody with proper diagnostics otherwise you're just fumbling in the dark.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Shit mechanic is right i would say.
The it's showing up fuel pressure faults
Thanks given by:
Did it run out of fuel/change fuel filter? If so they need bleeding, no lift pumps.

Otherwise, fuel pressure is quite a wide area, could be a few sensors or pump even. Confused
Thanks given by:
Got it sorted it was two fuel pressure sensors, sat at a mechanics yard all that time and me and a mate had it goin in a hour lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird one, anyone got a 1.6Hdi crank pulley floating around? Rippthrough 0 890 02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough