Cars you really shouldn't like but do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars you really shouldn't like but do
Haha, I knew that would be controversial, I liked them from the start, and they've really grown on me even more. I think they're genuinely cool cars for being so different!

There's a fairly long list of cars I like that nobody else seems to though Tongue

Am I the only one who prefers the Mk2 MX-5 to the Mk1 or Mk2.5?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 08:48 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: There's a fairly long list of cars I like that nobody else seems to though Tongue

Thats the whole point of this thread Tongue   Everyone has them cars they really like but are embarrassed to admit. Just like everyone listens to that song that they know their friends will take the piss out of if you put it on on a road trip lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
[Image: AjJ0MSC.jpg]

Kidneys, lungs and testicles would be sold.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
but why shouldn't you like it??
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2015, 09:41 AM)Ruan Wrote: [Image: AjJ0MSC.jpg]

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Whoever DOESNT love this...

Get out. Now.

Another vote for the nissan Juke here...

I shouldnt but I do!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Vauxhall Nova SRi. I'd absolutely love to have one. Or a mk3 Cavalier SRi.

I definitely grew up in the North..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
God i hate the nissan juke piggy! Drove enough of them. Lol. To be honest i sort of have a thing for the Daihatsu curoe. I bought one as an in between car once had it for 6 months and wish id never got rid. Was such a laugh to drive!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Drove a Nissan GTR tonight. Didn't want to like it because it's butt ugly, and the most complex car ever, which is my pet hate with modern cars, but... fast. Very, very, very fast. And I can't not like that.
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2015, 08:15 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: To be honest i sort of have a thing for the Daihatsu curoe. I bought one as an in between car once had it for 6 months and wish id never got rid. Was such a laugh to drive!

Hell yeah! Possibly the most 'fun' car i've ever driven from point A to B on public roads. Was by no means fast but the body roll, the screaming little engine, long sloppy gear stick all just made it hilarious 

So sad ours got head gasket failure and died even still was balls to the walls fun trying to drive a fked 3 cylinder engine (which was sounding mroe like a 2 cylinder) on the motorway to get to a garage. 50mph was it's max(on flat ground) and had to hold the throttle to stop it cutting out at the lights 

Will definitely be getting one as a daily some day
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I think some people fail to see the point of this thread.

Focus st/rs, nissan gtr, mazda rx's, 500 abarth ....hmmmm.
do you people answer the question: whats your guilty pleasure song? With, 'stairway to heaven/black in black/paranoid android' Undecided
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2015, 06:42 AM)thododd Wrote: I think some people fail to see the point of this thread.

Focus st/rs, nissan gtr, mazda rx's, 500 abarth ....hmmmm.
do you people answer the question: whats your guilty pleasure song? With, 'stairway to heaven/black in black/paranoid android'   Undecided

The GTR is a guilty pleasure for me because I usually hate modern cars...

And just for the record, my guilty pleasure song is Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes Sleepy
Thanks given by:
I feel the same I really liked it when it came out.... then it became so popular and I started not to like it, then it's just trying to over come the size of it!!!! it's huge  Puke
But I do think I'll buy one at some point, if I can afford it that is.... It's between that or c63 coupe I think
Thanks given by:
Yea you can't just restrict the thread to shitty old heaps, if there's a genuine reason not to like a car then that counts.
Thanks given by:
Fiat coupe turbo aswell..
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2015, 06:46 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Vauxhall Nova SRi. I'd absolutely love to have one. Or a mk3 Cavalier SRi.

I definitely grew up in the North..

I'd also love a nova and I'm a southerner. I live just south of Birmingham and consider myself to be quite far north. lmao

(22-10-2015, 09:17 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Drove a Nissan GTR tonight. Didn't want to like it because it's butt ugly, and the most complex car ever, which is my pet hate with modern cars, but... fast. Very, very, very fast. And I can't not like that.

Did a summer for a race team that built them into GT3 cars. I've always had a soft spot for them since then.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Fiat uno turbo. What a car
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Mercedes G Wagon. Everything I hate about a car all rolled into one but I still like them Smile
Thanks given by:
G Wagons are epic!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Will urmmm just place this photo here :/ haha. Why do I like this sort of car haha.

[Image: 2ibe2c3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Friend of mine just bought a Fiat 126, pretty win little banger. Also love Ladas and Fiat 124s!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Galanzas, they look like shit, but feel nippy even when they aren't. Strangely like them
Mk4 golfs. I bloody hate them, always have done and now I find myself looking at them
Prelude/civic/integras anything like this I've always hated, hate the scene, can't stand the noise they make, vtec sound gay. Yet I find myself looking on eBay for one :/
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Always liked an accord Tongue hold their money well though Sad especially the newer style
Thanks given by:
Mk2 MG ZR... Just drove my mates 120. I couldn't help but smile. I don't know what's wrong with me
Thanks given by:
Subaru Forester S-Turbo, always loved them since I drove a mates.
Thanks given by:

I'd rather empty them all for for ownership preferrably all over it lol
Thanks given by:
You want to empty your kidneys all over a car? Whatever turns you on.. lmao
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Mx5
Montego
Maestro
500 Abarth
Punto Evo Abarth thing

Astra J.. Got rid of an e90 for it, no idea why but it's just perfect for our needs. Cheap tax, decent boot, power is acceptable, comfy, loads of gadgets to make life easier, decent built in sat nav, Bluetooth, voice control, 50+ mpg.

It's one of those cars I hated the look of when they first came out but it's the first car I've had no thoughts about changing and I've had it 9 months. It's just functional and a nice place to be. Thumbs up from me.

[Image: 849C1249-6021-40E7-BF52-709F553DE525_zpsfobg4llp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ford Fusion. It's a grandad mobile and you sit ridiculously high but I had my dad's for a while when my 206 first broke and it's epiccly practical. The seats go completely flat so it's basically a van. It has a flat low loading sill... a sunglasses holder... aux input... the passenger seats goes flat to create a table (great for tea or playing cards)... and because it rides so high u can mount any speed hump without slowing. It's awesome!!!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Golf VR6. Not much to look at, not actually that quick for a 2.8, terrible on fuel, not great in the bends, rust prone, not all that well put together for a German car, overpriced, and basically a half-arsed attempt by VW to compete with small 6-cylinder M-Bs and BMWs, but still every time I drive one I get out wanting one. A good example of the whole being better than the sum of it's parts.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shouldn't this be throwback thursday bashbarnard 2 903 19-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Last Post: toseland
  This shouldn't really be in here... LewisG306 8 2,511 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Last Post: LewisG306
  Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars! Dum-Dum 37 15,034 27-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii