D-Turbo thing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Turbo thing
Okay hi all, kind of new here, used to my 106's really! Bit of background...

Had this, it was a 1.1 when I bought it with 266mm brakes etc. Was basically ready for a conversion. So I did just that and stuck a cammed Saxo VTR engine in, then it broke and the loom caught fire so it's currently being repaired:

[Image: rrjl0o.jpg]

Anyway, so I bought this, a 306 Cabrio, which I sold to my mom for far more than I paid for it:

[Image: jaaur4.jpg]

Anyway, this brings me on to the DTurbo I bought...

[Image: ayoj78.jpg]

£400 with 12 months MOT and FSH? Yeah why not!

XUD, aww yis. Lucas pump though Sad

[Image: 3zukn.jpg]

Steels got ruined when someone tried a crash for cash and I had to swerve to avoid them, so I put some big wheels on with T1Rs on:

[Image: 119clmd.jpg]

The dash bulbs were mostly blown so I changed them for green ones, and regretted it because they don't look right at all:

[Image: 2z3q2yg.jpg]

Trying to get the heater to work, kept blowing fuses. Motor was seized so changed that, front panel was burnt out so I changed that too. No longer blowing fuses but still doesn't work! Need to check the resistor pack!

Anyway that brings is up to today, I've got a GTI-6 leather interior too but I need to swap the mounts because as I found out, 3 door seats don't fit in a 5 door car without a bit of conversion!
Thanks given by:
So I've been hoarding parts for this thing over the past week or so...

I've picked up an XSI (I think) spoiler for it, just got to drill some holes in the boot to fit it, happily there's a little marker where the boot needs to be drilled which has cheered me up as I don't have to measure it and get it wrong!

I've started pulling the rear seats apart so I can put the 3 door leathers onto the 5 door mounts, not started on the front seats yet as I've been a little busy with the 106.

Me and my dad had a go at sorting the heater... Took the motor out, my dad in his infinite wisdom managed to break the glovebox lid, which is great.

[Image: 2mmcrig.jpg]

After all of this, we found out a relay was missing. That was it. Loud swearing and anger did happen.

Heater and A/C now work. However the fan is stuck on at full speed, and the heat direction adjuster dial is broken too, which isn't ideal, but it's better than no heater at all! (A/C button has since been recovered)

[Image: 256qu07.jpg]

Also, thanks Walsall council for not maintaining your roads...

[Image: 25tjmeu.jpg]

Someone at their claims department is getting a word tomorrow lol, I'm broke so I need that wheel replacing, and it costs me nothing to try.

My friends are coming up to help me fit and adjust a Bosch pump soon too!
Thanks given by:
All looks good!
Still sounds like you have yet to replace the most obvious thing... The resistor pack? That may still be at fault
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 07:29 AM)Piggy Wrote: All looks good!

Still sounds like you have yet to replace the most obvious thing... The resistor pack? That may still be at fault

If its an ac one it wont have a resistor pack i thought
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I did look for a resistor but where it said there should be one, the panel literally didn't exist...

Also, more things...

I bought a GTI-6 interior as I said, I didn't know they needed converting to go into a 5 door... So, work began:

[Image: 30tq4ci.jpg]

And half an hour later:

[Image: 29ym4qp.jpg]
[Image: awx6o7.jpg]

I've not done the front seats yet because.. Well, I ran out of light, needed diesel, was tired, and couldn't be arsed.

Also, apparently they won't quite fit into a 5 door even after changing the mounts. We'll see about that.
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 01:09 AM)WukaChop Wrote: Also, thanks Walsall council for not maintaining your roads...

Hiya mate, whereabouts was this? Walsall council suck at the best of times, have you taken pics of the offending pothole?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2015, 07:48 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(30-10-2015, 07:29 AM)Piggy Wrote: All looks good!

If its an ac one it wont have a resistor pack i thought

Ah yeah
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
they will fit in a 5 door as i've done it with S16 half leathers however . . . . . i changed the subframe on the passenger side and it ends up about an inch higher, you really don't want that drivers side so i retrimmed the seat onto a 5 door frame, gotta admit i giggled a little at you fitting the backs and then saying you couldn't be arsed with the fronts, they are the ones that take the time, backs take 10 mins lol . . good luck with it, if you get stuck just ask, it's been a few years since i did it but i'll try and remember . . Smile

oh and forgot to mention, if you're not retrimming them you'll require a grinder . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2015, 09:22 AM)highwayman306 Wrote:
(30-10-2015, 01:09 AM)WukaChop Wrote: Also, thanks Walsall council for not maintaining your roads...

Hiya mate, whereabouts was this? Walsall council suck at the best of times, have you taken pics of the offending pothole?

The Chester Road junction when you come down from Streetly Crematorium, if you go out of the crem and turn left, first set of lights, there's a massive pothole in the middle. Not sure if it comes under Walsall or Lichfield if I'm honest.

(31-10-2015, 12:47 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: they will fit in a 5 door as i've done it with S16 half leathers however . . . . . i changed the subframe on the passenger side and it ends up about an inch higher, you really don't want that drivers side so i retrimmed the seat onto a 5 door frame, gotta admit i giggled a little at you fitting the backs and then saying you couldn't be arsed with the fronts, they are the ones that take the time, backs take 10 mins lol . . good luck with it, if you get stuck just ask, it's been a few years since i did it but i'll try and remember . . Smile

oh and forgot to mention, if you're not retrimming them you'll require a grinder . . .

If you want to try and remember about how to retrim them for me, I'd quite like that Wink

I'm not going to bother if it requires a grinder, I'll retrim!
Thanks given by:
You don't really need any advice if you're going to retrim, just a pair of pliers to undo the metal rings, I used cable ties to replace them Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2015, 07:02 PM)WukaChop Wrote: The Chester Road junction when you come down from Streetly Crematorium, if you go out of the crem and turn left, first set of lights, there's a massive pothole in the middle. Not sure if it comes under Walsall or Lichfield if I'm honest.

Before the roundabout then? i would say thats in-between Streetly/Aldridge/Walsall, its been a while since I've been that way, i grew up in Aldridge and used to bike around Streetly and Sutton, il keep an eye out. But def get in touch with them, with pictures being the important thing, also receipts for repair...might be able to get some new wishbones out of the bastards Wink Its Walsall council I'm sure of it Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
No photos because lazy...

Bought a decat today, and am in the process of sorting out a Bosch pump for this. However. I have struck an issue today, recently I noticed water under the car, figured it was the air conditioning running off like dad's Mondeo does - Nope turns out this was coolant and the radiator is ruined, since I need to get to and from work this week I've just put a metric shit ton of Radweld into it, it's only leaking a bit now. Hopefully I'll have a new radiator this time next weekend!
Thanks given by:
Youll be back on here in a week or so moaning that your heaters arnt working and you cant bleed the cooling system properly as the rad welds blocked your heater matrix then when we tell you its an 8 hour job youll offer it out for spares ir repair then no one will buy it and youll scrap it loosing another 306, "due to laziness"
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Be fine, I won't be working in December so lazy or not I've got a month to repair it, got to do the same to the cabrio too so...
Thanks given by:
Cooling system being flushed tomorrow finally!

I still need to make the leathers fit in the front and buy a rear wiper bung...

After my next payday I'm dead tempted just to take the car to someone with the instructions to fix it. Think I might be poor after that!

And a slight leak from here:

[Image: p851f.jpg]

Not sure if that's oil or diesel. Need to get the intercooler off so I can get a proper look ideally.
Thanks given by:
No photos as ever, mainly due to broken phone!

Today I unplugged the EGR, weirdly it's a little bit more responsive. Didn't expect to actually notice a difference.

Also fitted the new heater motor and resistor so now my heater has an option other than full blast!
Thanks given by: