Anyone use winter tyres?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use winter tyres?
Track tyres all year round for me Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 08:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cant recommend specifics as I've only had a couple of sets but both sets were awesome. As soon as the temperature gets into single figures the are so much better. Doesn't matter if it's wet or dry, snowy or icy they are better. You could probably run them from then the clocks go back all the way through.

I bought my current ATs as they were marked as being for Mud and Snow so should be better in the cold than standard ATs

All terrains are wank. Had brand new BFG all terrains on my defender and it would get loss of traction in anything more than 4 inches of slushy mud.

Get yourself some insa turbo special tracks Wink i never got stuck once i had those bad boys on Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Insa Turbos are well up there with the best.
All depends on the width of the tyre though.
See so many landys and other 4x4s with wide as fcuk mud tyres pretending to be off roaders.
With common sense they would realise that wide tyres will only float on mud, whereas thinner tyres will cut through the slushy shit on top and actually bite on the earth underneath
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2015, 06:07 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Insa Turbos are well up there with the best.
All depends on the width of the tyre though.
See so many landys and other 4x4s with wide as fcuk mud tyres pretending to be off roaders.
With common sense they would realise that wide tyres will only float on mud, whereas  thinner tyres will cut through the slushy shit on top and actually bite on the earth underneath
That's why I'm on 235s
Thanks given by: