One for Tom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for Tom
[Image: 20151003_090816_zpscvt5wbok.jpg]

That was a good mix of driving and driving like a lady garden in Cornwall . That was in shell v power diesel
Thanks given by:
That's very impressive tbh
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I'm well chuffed
Thanks given by:
Lol at the gauge, thats brave! Impressive mileage though, if you're brimming it again let us know the actual MPG. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
53-55mpg I've worked it out to be

It was sitting a little higher than that before I stopped at the garage. The wife was getting a bit worried we were going to run out
Thanks given by:
It'll be more than that I think, very much doubt you've used the full 60 litres.
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2015, 10:41 AM)Toms306 Wrote: It'll be more than that I think, very much doubt you've used the full 60 litres.

Dont forget though the tanks do stretch over the years and you also fill up the filler neck. The Kia is a 50L tank and i regularly fill up 51ish
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've had nearly 70l in a 306 before.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2015, 07:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've had nearly 70l in a 306 before.

Water inside the car does not count towards fuel tank capacity mate...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
How do you even manage to run it that low!? Wonder if some of the tanks were bigger than others? I know you'll get an extra litre or 2 but 10...plus whatever you had left as it's impossible for the lift pump to get it all. Confused
Thanks given by:
65 is the absolute maximum I've squeezed in.
But I think ambient temperature has an effect on the density of the fuel at the pump.
Hot weather equals less density which means you put more in. Just a thought
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2015, 07:58 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 07:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've had nearly 70l in a 306 before.

Water inside the car does not count towards fuel tank capacity mate...

Haha
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2015, 08:06 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: 65 is the absolute maximum I've squeezed in.
But I think ambient temperature has an effect on the density of the fuel at the pump.

It comes from underground from very temp stable conditions
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2015, 08:06 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: 65 is the absolute maximum I've squeezed in.

Wrong way round, less dense would mean less fuel can fit in the same volume. Besides, if that was the case petrol stations would have found a way of upping the cost accordingly lol.

Good result on the mileage there, was that all this weekend..??
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That was Saturday to Saturday with a lot of miles around Cornwall.

I put regular diesel in when I filled up now it feels real slow
Thanks given by:
Thats probably more to do with the extra 60Kgs you've just stuck in the back? lol
Thanks given by:

this would be three but for two things

1. Most petrol stations use temperature compensated pumps..  most oil refineries sell their oil on the baseline of how much 1 litre is at 15degrees C (in otherwords they will measure exactly 1litre when the fuel temperature is 15degrees C.

nearly all petrol pumps since about 1995 are temperature compensating as the technology is simple to fit, that meaning they know how much volume the fuel should have at 15degrees and the linear relationship between that and temperature and compensate accordingly so you always get "1 litre at 15degree's worth"

2. the ground temperature in the UK remains pretty constant at around 10degrees

3. diesel expands around 0.07% per degree,  meaning over a 60litre tank, if the temperature rises 10degrees (say, 15 at night to 25 during the day) you are looking at 420ml
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 08:36 AM)toseland Wrote:

this would be three but for two things

1. Most petrol stations use temperature compensated pumps..  most oil refineries sell their oil on the baseline of how much 1 litre is at 15degrees C (in otherwords they will measure exactly 1litre when the fuel temperature is 15degrees C.

nearly all petrol pumps since about 1995 are temperature compensating as the technology is simple to fit, that meaning they know how much volume the fuel should have at 15degrees and the linear relationship between that and temperature and compensate accordingly so you always get "1 litre at 15degree's worth"

2. the ground temperature in the UK remains pretty constant at around 10degrees

3. diesel expands around 0.07% per degree,  meaning over a 60litre tank, if the temperature rises 10degrees (say, 15 at night to 25 during the day) you are looking at 420ml

not quite sure what,s happened here, seem to have joined an existing thread.....but anyways, at what point, fuel gauge reading did the red low fule warning light come on please ??

ours is just in the red red and has not come on yet !

only 2 miles to home then it VOR for the pug for a little while........looking for the "loss of power momentarily " fault......
Thanks given by:
Very Save !

Converting to km/L as my unit : Nearly 20 km/L !

The mpg are the same level as ECO-car.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
what's that in English ? sorry old school,,,,,
Thanks given by:
Wow nice one mate

I'm lucky to see 300 out of my tanks Sad
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: