Lower boost pipe options.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower boost pipe options.
Anyone done anything other than just use the 406 lower pipe. Cant get hold of one and im not paying dealer prices!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I got a C5 pipe (i think) i can get pictures if you're interested geezah Wink

What i mean is, i never got around to FMIC'ing the shed and got most, if not all, of the parts for FMIC Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
yes i need it. i will pay for fast delivery as well!! pm me some details man

and pictures. as much as you have
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
You always just go for a 41 x 51mm reducer elbow then come off it like that maybe?
Thanks given by:
I'm going for a 57>51 90° reducing elbow, and sliding the 51 end over the stock rubber. Photos soon.

The aluminium pipe through the gearbox gap is then a 45° bend
Thanks given by:
Have you seen mine? I'd not I'll take some pics and get them to you on Facebook.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ive got a pipe coming now. Take pics anyway so i can see Smile always worth looking and seeing other peoples work imo.
Thanks given by:
Photos should be uploaded here.
The red silicone in the picture is a 57MM I've a 51MM being delivered tomorrow hopefully. Should just about fit snugly over the stock black turbo rubber, making a sandwich.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Sorry Bash, i aint had time to get the pics for you Sad been sorting out my lil un since getting back from work and the missus has been getting some well deserved sleep, so im on my lonesome atm Sad il get you the pics tomorrow mate ThumbsUp
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2015, 06:01 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Photos should be uploaded here.
The red silicone in the picture is a 57MM I've a 51MM being delivered tomorrow hopefully. Should just about fit snugly over the stock black turbo rubber, making a sandwich.

I'd be wary of that setup, be surprised if it clears the subframe unfortunately. Let me know how it goes though.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(02-10-2015, 06:16 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(02-10-2015, 06:01 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Photos should be uploaded here.

I'd be wary of that setup, be surprised if it clears the subframe unfortunately. Let me know how it goes though.

Yup, good point, measuring tomorrow.
The elbow can be trimmed to get the pipe closer to the block, it doesn't stick out as far as it looks really.
Bit of a harsh turn off the turbo, but it's a large cross sectional area, so the airflow will find it's own way through Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd also be weary of doubling up on the silicone. I remember there was a bracket of some sort that we cut off the subframe to free up more space.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost pipe pop mattbarker32 2 1,202 19-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Lower air box pipe diameter? JTaylor2005 2 991 26-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  406 hdi lower pipe allanallen 4 989 25-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Poodle