Upgraded hdi nozzles with correct firing angle.

Poll: Would you be interested in a set of nozzles?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
100.00%
1 100.00%
Yes
0%
0 0%
Yes, depending on price
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded hdi nozzles with correct firing angle.
So, I recently bought a second set of hdi injectors and sent them to United Diesel with a request to find higher flowing nozzles.

They got back to me the other day with the news that they have found a nozzle that can flow 40% over the stock nozzle and has a 142 degree firing angle (so better than the 153 amg ones). Obviously they won't tell me what the nozzles come out of, but apparently it's an oem Bosch part on a production engine. I will ask them for the flow numbers on Monday.

Unfortunately the quoted price is £100 ex vat per nozzle. My injectors are also worn so need work, taking the price for mine to £180 per injector, which pretty much kills my chances of affording them.

If I were to look at arranging a group buy, would anybody be interested?
Thanks given by:
What is the standard nozzle angle out of interest?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Nice idea, but thats a Sh#t tonne of money for just injectors!
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2015, 08:33 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: What is the standard nozzle angle out of interest?

Standard is 143 degrees. These nozzles are 142 so pretty close. Much better than the amg ones people use at 155 degrees.
Thanks given by:
RHY/RHZ uses a DSLA142P795.

142 being the cone angle, but sadly that misses off a major bit of information which is the offset angle, the 8v injector doesn't sit upright in the head.. This therefore depends on the rotation of the injector and plane angle which is variable and is not documented...

I can't say for certain, but I'd say they're possibly Alfa JTD nozzles... I'd heard 30% more flow thrown around, but no experience of that...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
As above, most likely to be some of the 1.9jtd 8v nozzles, think i've got a part number kicking about somewhere. Plane angle isn't actually that far off if memory serves, no idea what the nozzle rotation is though. Got a feeling uberderv may have obtained a set to play with a couple of years back, can't remember...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As said, there are a few nozzles that will work from stock applications in the 8v, but not many due to the odd plane / rotation of injector, although if you can find anything with correct plane and cone angles it would be possible to work with as long as you knew the rotation of the OEM engine it came from and some modifications to the body.

However, if its staying common rail and not going MTDI, sadly this is the price you generally have to pay...As changing common rail nozzles yourself is pretty much a disaster zone, yes you can change them no problem at all (no different to a mech injector) but the problem is there is simply no way to test it, so like on mech injectors I can set the pop pressure with my injector tester, and check the spray is good, in which case the injector is good. But with common rail there are lots of "calibrator" items inside the body of the injector which set things like max needle left / pressure etcetc, all which are critical to get correct or else you will get all 4 injectors dumping in different amounts of fuel. Sadly the equipment you need to measure these precise levels of accuracy are VERY expensive, hence your stuck using the big diesel places who have the gear, and 100-150 per injector is a very typical cost...Normally ends up costing more due to problems with nearly all used injectors...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Have you lot seen that Dervtech are offering a 40% flow increase set of injectors for these engines now?

Jack
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 02:58 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Have you lot seen that Dervtech are offering a 40% flow increase set of injectors for these engines now?

Jack

So alfa jtd ones?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Not a clue haha. Just whatever they are offering. They don't put much info out tbf
Thanks given by:
As said, don't quote me on it definitely being Alfa JTD ones, because I don't know that, I'm merely speculating, as said, I'd seen a figure of 30% thrown around anyway....

Can't remember whether that was with the needle lift modification also...

It's their prerogative to not give out information on such things, if I were in the business of doing it, nor would I - end of the day, you knowing what nozzles they are is about as much use as tits on a fish, if you just install them by hand, you can't balance them - you just end up with 4x injectors all moving differing amounts of fuel causing one cylinder running rich, one cylinder running lean, one injector having a slight dribble...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Probably Alfa nozzles, tested by TB205 with good results. You can ask for Firad nozzles which are about £30 each I think.
Thanks given by:
I had my injectors full referbed and balanced for £100 each
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 06:29 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Probably Alfa nozzles, tested by TB205 with good results. You can ask for Firad nozzles which are about £30 each I think.

Any chance you could expand on that? Will interest quite a few people and there is very little info on this on the web. Cheers!
Thanks given by:
Second that. If these are a possibility I could get them tested by friends of mine for me.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-andamp-upgrades/286125-1-9-8v-jtd-nozzles.html

^^^^^^ Have a gander through that.
Thanks given by:
Interesting, up to 30% more!
Wonder how much work it would take to put the 1.9JTD 150 into a 306!
Thanks given by:
Read the thread Uberderv has linked, it'll explain why not.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Read the whole thing before I posted Poodle
Thanks given by:
I know they are a limit...

But there are many other factors that limit a HDi before injectors.

I would ask the OP:
Once you are at a reliable and efficient 180-200bhp... Would you really need more!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 06:05 AM)Piggy Wrote: I know they are a limit...

But there are many other factors that limit a HDi before injectors.

I would ask the OP:
Once you are at a reliable and efficient 180-200bhp... Would you really need more!?

Is 180-200hp reliable and efficient on std nozzles though ? The way I look at it, your pushing things to the limits at that power. Yes its been done, but using higher flowing nozzles brings things back out of the limits. Just because they are fitted doesn't mean you need to push them to the limit too.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, perhaps it's a different thread from the one i remember. Basically 16v injectors have 0 degree plane angle so they're no good.

It's well-known that injectors are the next big restriction on an HDi. Exactly as above, the same principles apply as they do to anything else - running them at their extreme limit will cause higher wear to them and other components, which can and does affect reliability.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 06:05 AM)Piggy Wrote: Once you are at a reliable and efficient 180-200bhp... Would you really need more!?

says the guy running 218 bhp lol
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Idis are different though. Nozzles aren't pushed to the max. Where as hdi they are.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 12:11 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Idis are different though. Nozzles aren't pushed to the max. Where as hdi they are.

Yeah, tom I believe is on std injectors at over 250bhp.

(22-09-2015, 11:22 AM)welshpug Wrote:
(22-09-2015, 06:05 AM)Piggy Wrote: Once you are at a reliable and efficient 180-200bhp... Would you really need more!?

says the guy running 218 bhp lol

I'm also considering perhaps the OP isnt aware of what a huge difference double stock on a hdi is. Stg1 is a serious transformation!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it's the same mechsman i remember he probably isn't far off needing more, assuming his plans came to fruition.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 hdi fuel gauge not correct barnesy213 4 1,695 17-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Last Post: toseland
  cone angle plane angle injection angle help bashbarnard 11 2,141 23-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Correct filter housing? JTaylor2005 6 1,484 21-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005