Information about the XUD7 TE engine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information about the XUD7 TE engine
Does anyone know the reliability of the XUD7 engine? In particular the TE with a turbo and intercooler fitted?
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks
Thanks given by:
There was a guy on here with a sedan running a tuned one, from what I can remember it was similar to the XUD9, even made similar power figures IIRC.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Bullet proof. Same as the xud9 really. We had one in the pikey 205 we had. Just dont go ramming insane bhp down it and itll be fine. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
The XUD7 seemingly IME has a crappy fibre headgasket from the factory, I know they're more prone to HG failure than the XUD9, but still pretty good...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Mine has taken plenty of abuse since changing to an mls gasket.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Mine seized up solid 80 miles from home and left me stranded on the side of the M40 for 4 and a bit hours. Never figured out why, through I suspect a sudden loss of coolant somehow.

But up antill then it was solid and took plenty of abuse
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
I had an XUD7t in my 205 which overall covered 180K, 50K of it I did in 2.5 years. In my opinion its a good engine. Very similar to the XUD9, not intercooled and a different fuel filter/heater but that's all really.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD7, XUD9 and upgrade conrods assembled 4 2,246 10-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  Sumps XUD7 / XUD9 ginge191 7 2,121 04-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  Bosch VE information bashbarnard 0 869 11-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard