DervMafia Eddy Current Dyno Upgrade

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DervMafia Eddy Current Dyno Upgrade
when can me and the mrs come down Smile
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Your level of skill at fabrication is phenomenal (considering it's not your day job) mate, genuinely in awe.
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2015, 08:53 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Dyno day at darren good luck getting your lowered car down his lane Smile

I got down there with a twin engine hdi, no problems
Thanks given by:
I guess an update / finishing post to this thread, after having some problems with noise and other small teething issues, I'm largely up and running now, and have had a few cars on / off.

A short video showing some initial testing and use of the dyno.

Thanks for reading, if anyone is after some Chassis Dyno time, be it for tuning purposes or just power testing, feel free to PM me to discuss, glad to make it of use to the forum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zj-8tpNljU
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
brilliant work as always darren may ask to come down one day Smile
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
All up and running then! Happy days! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Excellent work Darren! ThumbsUp

PS. Given you're based near St Austell, is the Lobbs Farm Shop at Heligan anything to do with you? Was there a few weeks back, saw it and wondered if there was a connection...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 10:24 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Excellent work Darren! ThumbsUp

PS. Given you're based near St Austell, is the Lobbs Farm Shop at Heligan anything to do with you?  Was there a few weeks back, saw it and wondered if there was a connection...

Indeed it is...Its our farm shop Smile  We sell 95% of our beef / lamb through the shop... You were very close by the sounds of things!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Booked in to run the SW up again  Tongue
Thanks given by:
Top work once again Darren. Defo be looking to bring the DT down once thats done for a few runs and tweaks
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 12:18 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Booked in to run the SW up again  Tongue

Heh, Poor car will be doing more miles on the dyno than the road soon, not that any of my cars can talk!

(21-10-2015, 12:35 PM)Frosty Wrote: Top work once again Darren. Defo be looking to bring the DT down once thats done for a few runs and tweaks

Sounds good! Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Dyno is fantastic, worlds apart from the old clayton - one button start and go power runs, steady state ..etc

Amazing piece of kit, watching the difference the hdi mapping was making practically in realtime was really interesting.

Although distinct lack of Volvos on it so far ...
Thanks given by:
Good effort Darren ThumbsUp top work!

But whoever balanced Toms rear n/s wheel needs shooting!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
nice to see a healthy zx 16v Big Grin tu5j4 sounds bloody good too!

any idea what kind of power its rated for? no traction issues yet?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2015, 07:45 PM)welshpug Wrote: nice to see a healthy zx 16v Big Grin   tu5j4 sounds bloody good too!

any idea what kind of power its rated for?   no traction issues yet?

Haha, ever since taking the TU off the road / driving the ZX, the TU has just become a dedicated Dyno testing car..and it just takes it all day long some days when we were getting things set up!

In terms of rated power, the retarder is rated for 1350nm at the shaft, so if you do the calculations based on most cars, that equates to around 650hp, but would likely run into traction problems / alot of strapping to get there...

No traction issues at all so far, the old clayton used to require warm tyres before it would look at letting the likes of Toms ZX to hook right up, but this will hook up from cold, so certainly alot more traction than before, and havent cracked out any spray / extra strapping yet, so looks promising.... Bigger rollers / smaller gap putting more weight directly on roller is certainly the key there, have looked into having the drive roller knurled / machined, but unless theres issues in the future that isnt going to be needed for the time being I dont think...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Awesome work as ever Darren, great fab work on that exhaust too! I got to drive the ZX briefly the other day and after a trip down to yours, it doesn't half bloody get a shift on Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your current 'fleet'? Matt-Rallye 72 10,069 04-05-2016, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  Current Scrap Prices? Toms306 33 5,994 19-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  enigne swap or tune current 7057sam 15 4,658 14-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Tom