GT1752 V turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT1752 V turbo
Just bought a vnt turbo of a seat toledo its a hybrid gt1752 will this work on the xud engine ? I bought it because it came up cheap and its only done no more than 3,000 miles what would the easiest way to control the vnt ? Thanks people all info will be appreciated
Thanks given by:
What was cheap? :-)

How is it hybrid? :-)

You can fit any turbo pretty much to a xud.

Easiest way is with a lot of fiddling with a mBC ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It'll just be a GT17(49)v with a 2.5tdi 2052v compressor wheel on it.

It'll work fine, but you'll have to convert to boost actuated... You can't go mental with them as they're not that strong, stick to about 20psi boost on the XUD with that, you'll end up overspeeding it otherwise, but should produce a nice, safe 160hp and super responsive.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
My mate had it on his toledo spent £470 getting it built i was chatting to the boy built it and he reckons it will take 2 bar of boost on a Toledo not sure if it will stick that tho on xud i got it for £150 because he put a hole in the piston at 1.5 bar lol. So do i just put on an actuator from an xud turbo an limit boost with a mbc ? Should be a hoot to drive with instant boost ?
Thanks given by:
Lol, no chance it'll take 2 bar for any length of time... Even on a 1.9tdi, it's probably essentially the same as a 2052v with a slightly smaller turbine, so you'll have to go easy on the boost down low as it'll surge badly...

As said 22-24psi absolute max Imho otherwise it's gonna turn into a hairdryer.

My post in here about compressor maps is based upon a Garrett 52mm compressor.. Have a read Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
which is the one that does run 2 bar stock on the TDI vag lumps?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
The 2.0 TDi CR CFCA BiTurbo 180ps one runs about 2bar from memory... ARL PD150 runs 2500mbar absolute, so 1.5bar boost on a GT1749VB.

The Toledo mostly came with the ALH/AFN with a early gen GT17v again, post name change would be known as a GT1749V. They run 2300mbar absolute from memory, so 1.3bar.
Thanks given by:
Yea i thought about 23psi max myself , it should go well at that tho , quick spool is what i wanted. So if i get it put on a manifold what wastegate will i use im new to all this vnt fun lol . ile have a look at your thread tonight ruan thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gt1752 saab turbo fitment Jimbo 28 15,106 08-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Paul_13