project puff the pug dragon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
project puff the pug dragon
well i seemed to have bought myself with the intention of letting her indoors have it, a v reg moonstone 3 door, its rough around the edges (VERY) and needs some attention, mileage is anyones guess as the clocks have been changed to petrol clocks but now back on hdi clocks looking at mot certificate i would estimate it to be in the 160k mark, has been lowered to an inch of its life very uncomfortable, fitted with the tackiest of led's which found themselves residing in my bin, a phase 2 gti half leather interior in nigh on mint condition apart from you need legs of a power lifter to get them to roll back or forth, has been put together by someone who had limited time by the looks of all the missing screws on interior trim, it has had a remap in its lifetime too obvious by the huge plooms of soot coming from the rear when foot depresses the go go pedal, this car however has been to some shows so may be recognised, the plan is to swap out all the modified parts and try to get it back to original as possible as cheap as possible as it will never be a show car again and generally try and rescue it for a few more years.

the list to get her back original is endless but with scrap prices being so low all the little fiddly bits will be cheap as chips

have already started to swap out some of the modified bits, gone are the petrol clocks gone is the D steering wheel and boss back together is the dashboard minus a few parts that will be picked up this weekend then to remove all the iffy wiring and find out why airbag light stays illuminated, and also the abs light, and why the engine loom has had bits chopped into it,

photos to follow this evening.........
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20151011_163744_zpstvb61v5a.jpg]

[Image: 20151011_163725_zpsmtjvhy0o.jpg]

[Image: 20151011_163710_zpsj27vwrix.jpg]

[Image: 20151011_163659_zpsr61clutu.jpg]

couple of shots of the new project
Thanks given by:
started to take the sticky tape residue off today, what a git!! also investigated some nasty rust issues in boot, needs a plate in there and that will be it, time to roll on to swapping out the lowered rear axle for a standard item and some standard front shocks and springs get rid of the nasty coilies, source a pair of 3 door phase 3 door cards, and a front and rear bumper for peanuts
Thanks given by:
Sounds like one of the first jobs needs to be a different map lol. Looks like you've got your hands full with that, look forward to seeing it come along.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yeh it is a little smokey but as a cheap run around the map wont hurt, adds to the fun, yeh i have found a few things that need doing but not going ott on this as i need to hold back monies for my respray on the other car,
Thanks given by:
It will be nice to see it brought back, I love the moonstone ones.
Thanks given by:
If anyone has any donor parts in Cornwall for a good cause can you let me know on a tight budget with this project so any help appreciated
Thanks given by:
im on the hunt for some parts cheap as possible, or do some deals
front and rear bumpers in moonstone blue
standard front shocks
standard rear axle (swap for lowered one)
full 3 door phase 3 interior + door cards (swap for phase 2 gti full interior)

also some info....
electric windows only work when doors are shut??
there is no RCL can i get any fob coded?
also CL doesnt work if you turn key it pops all locks back up

lets try and save another 306 from the yard of scrap.......
Thanks given by:
Lucky to have that plate! 
Car looks clean too.
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2015, 11:55 AM)MY95 Wrote: Lucky to have that plate! 
Car looks clean too.

only decent thing on it at the moment
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20151010-WA0012_zpskvwaknzx.jpeg]

[Image: IMG-20151010-WA0014_zpsrdbfqolp.jpeg]

[Image: 20151014_162201_zpsnvipih1x.jpg]

[Image: 20151014_162302_zpsbsl6hmj2.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20151018-WA0000_zpsrieblpkg.jpeg]

[Image: 20151018_173449_zpsnuh3iojt.jpg]

few pics to kep the thread alive still removing tat and finding out whats missing

also anyone want to buy this??

[Image: 20151014_163056_zpsio07qrpp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
car is currentlyy on hold as moving to new house with garage and workshop then the fun will start
Thanks given by: