Data Logging?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Logging?
Is there such software that will run on a laptop and record all the parameters from the ECU while you drive and save them as a graph that can be viewed after the drive? 

Smile
Thanks given by:
Obd + torque app can do this, inc gps logging!
Thanks given by:
ScanXL is pretty good. It can create a table of values from your driving. So if you wanted to log intake temperature against rpm/maf then it will make you a pretty chart
https://www.scantool.net/catalog/product...image/271/
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Wont log everything though, depends on what you want to log, things like IQ / Timing etc are only available in PP2000 from what I've seen.

You can however use Lexia to log, although the software is horrible to use, it does work!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
PP2000/Lexia can do this, but it depends on your ECU build. I try to use it as much as I can, but sometimes on the older ECUs it just won't let me even if I try going through as a different vehicle.
If you use Lexia and go through as something like a Xsara or a berlingo you should be able to get graphical parameter measurements.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
So is this the sort of thing I am looking for?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diagbox-v5-29-...3aae2c7383

Bit annoying as I don't have a windows xp laptop -_- only windows 7. Has anyone ever made it work on windows 7? I am sure there would be a way tbf.

Cheers for all the info guys Smile
Thanks given by:
Works fine on windows 7, 32 bit is easier to get it working with though. Best get an old laptop and put xp on it though
Thanks given by:
I have 7 with 64-bit

-_-

Will probably just try and get it working on it anyway haha
Thanks given by:
HDI Power, what version are you using to get it running on windows 7? I tried years ago and it wouldn't work at all. IIRC I couldn't even get it to install.

When you use 7 and you record live data does it actually save or does it just crash? I'm just curious...

I've got a toughbook with XP and a touch screen and this is great for diagnostics, can really be thrown about.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Its just whatever one came with it, have it sucessfully running on 8 on virtual machine also Smile Although I have an xp laptop just for diagnostics and mapping
Thanks given by:
Get it working on 10 and I'll be impressed... Wink

Slightly worried half my diag stuff won't work with the upgrade to 10... Confused
Thanks given by:
Same here, I run my tuning software and tuning tools on windows 7 64 bit, I'm almost certain upgrading to 10 will cause me problems...
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
don't upgrade then, give it a few years for bugs and drivers to be worked out Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't have a separate car laptop anymore (well I do but it's XP and shit). I've got everything except PP working on 8.1 64 bit currently... But it's my daily laptop and I want 10 on it. Tongue
Thanks given by:
8.1 > 7 and 10, its what we use for all programming and cisco stuff in work, get past the hate and its a great OS
Thanks given by:
I don't have a problem with 8.1, prefer it to my 7 desktop.... Still want 10 though. Can't turn down something free lol.
Thanks given by:
Love windows 7. Cba with 8 haha. And 10 tbf I will just put it off as long as possible. Windows 7 is rapid and ridiculously reliable on my laptop and everything I use works well on it.
Thanks given by:
Well I don't know about you guys but my injector rattle isn't a constant thing. The car sounded like a purring cat all the way home today it was actually really nice to drive. Didn't sound like a bag of nails being shook around. One use of this software is to try and data log whats different on these drives when its super smooth compared to when it sounds like crap.
Thanks given by:
All cars have that though... Sometimes they sound and feel like utter turd, others they're smooth and almost perfect... It's all in the mind... ninja
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2015, 03:06 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Well I don't know about you guys but my injector rattle isn't a constant thing. The car sounded like a purring cat all the way home today it was actually really nice to drive. Didn't sound like a bag of nails being shook around. One use of this software is to try and data log whats different on these drives when its super smooth compared to when it sounds like crap.

i find the injector rattle sounds worse when you driving in a built up area.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Galletto 1260 won't read data Hdi and proud of it 7 2,728 21-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Hdi and proud of it
  Hdi - non starter (sort of) New injectors PP2000 data inside londondan86 37 6,936 09-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Logging sensors through ODB DeeTurbo 5 1,517 08-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Mr Whippy