The bought not built ph1 VNT Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bought not built ph1 VNT Estate
Well i thought i would do a small thread to keep things rolling. i am sure everyone knows the car and what the previous has done to it so i wont bore you all with the details (credit to Ash for all the hard work) Smile

have no idea on future plans (feel free to suggest) but it is now my daily driver and so far so good. 

[Image: IMG_20150719_144453_zps7tfw8tao.jpg]

few niggles to sort out but i will probably update this thread at some point in the future if anyone actual cares.

but yeah here she is! Inlove
Thanks given by:
Really glad to see it still on the forum, just carry on ash's good work
Thanks given by:
Do love this car. Like the phase 1 thing. Diffrent.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah v pleased to still see it about! ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah this car is great, phase 1 estate was a sweet idea, glad it's still on the forum also Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Love this car, wanted to buy it myself but had no where to keep it Sad
Thanks given by:
How's it going? What's performance like? And spool times? Need to see a vid of it in action

Thanks given by:
I do like this, are you going to paint the bumper strips black?
Thanks given by:
This is nice, I would remove the front overarches and paint the bumper strips black to make it more retro looking
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 04:53 PM)rd070707 Wrote: This is nice, I would remove the front overarches and paint the bumper strips black to make it more retro looking

This, make it OEM ph1 looking.

Good buy.
Thanks given by:
Would look epic de-barried imo, could lose the skirts too for proper oem-ness. Lasers?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Love the look of this, IMO loose the arches and paint the bumper strips black and it will look the tits!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the comments!

Yup being a big fan of the OEM+ look I'll be going down that route. I'll be adding little extras at some point like the outside temp. sensor and media stalk etc...

Il be on the look out for another ph1 bumper if anyone has a good one Smile along with some new hockey sticks or clips just to tart the front up abit.

Did actually run into my first small problem as the car wouldn't start (glow plugs). 30 mins wasted with the multimeter in the bloody rain and the problem was smack bang in front of me lmao 

[Image: IMG_20150729_162609_zpsl0b2axsu.jpg]

Also tempted ditch the Nimrods for the typical Clones 

More to come tho Smile
Thanks given by:
Small update. 

Typical mist jet upgrade + new door switches to solve the interior light issue 

[Image: IMG_20150907_195451_zpsrezhpng7.jpg]

Slight knocking noise has been found which was one of the Rear wishbone bush on the front. 

Next on the list was the blow coming from the down pipe area which has been annoying me for a while now. Was taken to my mates garage as I didn't want tackle it on my drive lol 

After a couple hours of swearing it finally come out with the engine still in place.

Sadly after pulling the heatwrap off it was pretty bad with cracks all over the place (down to the heat wrap maybe) , warped and had twisted slightly near the head.

[Image: FB_IMG_1444053215312_zpsjsdawfta.jpg]

Cutting a long story short , he decided to scrap the idea of even trying attempt to fix it due to costs and time attempting to unwarp it as they say and come up with another fix which would also be easier to work with in the future.

So he used the original cast manifold from a t2, but ported the end out to just under 2.5 inch, then made a new flange,  welded up a 2.5inch stainless pipe to it in the shape of a U and recycled the flange for the turbo from the old manifold.

Not the best pictures but certainly a bigger improvement, with no more blowing , feels abit more responsive and will be easier to work with in future if something goes wrong.

[Image: IMG_20151003_165605_zpsflj68d9m.jpg]

Will grab a few better shots when I head back to his garage to swap the rear poly engine mount out for a standard one as the dash rattles like bastard on idle.

Also removed the arches and on the look out for replacement trim pieces on the wings if anyone has any Smile

[Image: IMG_20151003_165523_zpsoltcc5og.jpg]
Thanks given by:
that was a tubular 4-1 mani that you've replaced?
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 02:33 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: that was a tubular 4-1 mani that you've replaced?

Sadly so yes.
Thanks given by:
and it was a total write off?
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 02:41 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: and it was a total write off?
Pretty much. Turbo side was chopped off and reused that's about it. 
Someone with the time and money might of been able save it but starting again would of been the easier option imo
Thanks given by:
christ, didn't last long that :/

lets hope your new one gives you many miles of untroubled boosting
Thanks given by:
Shame really but we will see how the new one holds up , really need get it on a RR to fine tune it and actually see what it makes as well at some point Smile
Thanks given by:
Was this a oem estate? Or has someone converted it to ph1?? Will be really nice when you've the black on the front bumper again
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2015, 10:33 PM)Ricky volcane Wrote: Was this a oem estate? Or has someone converted it to ph1?? Will be really nice when you've the black on the front bumper again

they didn't make a phase 1 estate fella Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2015, 09:18 AM)clarkey2010 Wrote: Shame really but we will see how the new one holds up , really need get it on a RR to fine tune it and actually see what it makes as well at some point Smile

Sounds like a trip to Cornwall / Derv mini meet is required!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2015, 07:23 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 09:18 AM)clarkey2010 Wrote: Shame really but we will see how the new one holds up , really need get it on a RR to fine tune it and actually see what it makes as well at some point Smile

Sounds like a trip to Cornwall / Derv mini meet is required!!

5hr and 37mins away  Rofl probably need my passport as well heading that far south Rofl but keep us posted Smile
Thanks given by:
Theres plenty of tea at mine if you fancy stopping half way to darrens .... i might even join you for a tune up session

I still cant believe you sold the robocop to jamie
Thanks given by:
Hm bugger didnt realise the distance Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 03:51 PM)thododd Wrote: Theres plenty of tea at mine if you fancy stopping half way to darrens .... i might even join you for a tune up session

I still cant believe you sold the robocop to jamie

Ahhh now I know who you are, I had your forte off you didn't I with the GTI engine in as well.

Yup sadly it had to go and my old man is starting to regret it now :/
Thanks given by:
With having a couple of cold mornings and struggling to start I have invested in some Bosch plugs to ditch the crappy NGK and replaced all the leak offs while I was it Smile

[Image: IMG_20151013_141040_zpsza0ktiab.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20151015_1152552_zpsufwvkk70.jpg]

Next on the list of things to do:

* Replace the rear engine mount as the polybush one shakes the dash like hell

*need a new EGT gauge and probe (suggestions welcome) 

* sort the interior trim pieces out

* investigate the clutch as I have some slipping :/

Looking for some future ideas engine mod wise as well. But I think I might be limited without having some forged rods ???

II will definitely have make the run down to Darren to let him fine tune it maybe at some point who knows
Thanks given by:
Right this may be up for sale again soon due to apparently needing to "grow up" and stop messing around with "sh*t" 306's pfffftttt! :0

But we will see...
Thanks given by:
Don't let women boss you mate tut-tut, you show her who's boss son Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The bought not built estate Frosty 154 59,189 09-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: rocker8742
  Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!) Tallguy_2 226 64,826 25-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Tallguy_2