96 mod peugeot 306 1.4l petrol wont start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
96 mod peugeot 306 1.4l petrol wont start
my peugeot 306 wont start. I checked alle the fuses, relays.. ok.   Alle the earthing connection are ok. Its sparks on the plugs.. but it still wont start. when i poor some petrol in the manifoil the motor engnite but stop when the petrol is burn up.. But when i turn the key around, the starter turns but the engine wont start. I also checked the petrol pump and this is ok. Can anyone help me here..?
Thanks given by:
Is your fuel filter blocked?
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2015, 08:38 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Is your fuel filter blocked?

Where can i find the fuelfilter?. i got petrol all the way forward to the manifoil..
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2015, 08:42 AM)benny123 Wrote:
(16-08-2015, 08:38 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Is your fuel filter blocked?

Where can i find the fuelfilter?. i got petrol all the way forward to the manifoil..

The filter on my 1.4 is tucked up by the fuel tank. Can't remember what side though but you won't miss it. Seems irrelevant anyway.

Fuel to the manifold, but not from the injectors? Is this an SPi or MPi 1.4?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2015, 08:37 AM)benny123 Wrote: my peugeot 306 wont start. I checked alle the fuses, relays.. ok.   Alle the earthing connection are ok. Its sparks on the plugs.. but it still wont start. when i poor some petrol in the manifoil the motor engnite but stop when the petrol is burn up.. But when i turn the key around, the starter turns but the engine wont start. I also checked the petrol pump and this is ok. Can anyone help me here..?

Its fuel from the injector      on the top, when i put on 12v directly from the battery to the injector, but no fuel when i try to start the engine.. See picture..
Thanks given by:
In tank petrol pump ok?
Just been reading this page about bypassing a duff keypad and symptoms like yours so give it a read and see if any of it helps!
http://www.justanswer.com/peugeot/4eyqa-...eypad.html
Is therea big brown fuse/relay behind the ecu box??
If there is remove the metal spring clip holding it in place and gently pull the brown relay off its mount and give both sets of the contacts a good clean and refit it with metal clip and give the key a try.
Thanks given by:
(17-08-2015, 11:18 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: In tank petrol pump ok?
Just been reading this page about bypassing a duff keypad and symptoms like yours so give it a read and see if any of it helps!
http://www.justanswer.com/peugeot/4eyqa-...eypad.html
Is therea big brown fuse/relay behind the ecu box??
If there is remove the metal spring clip holding it in place and gently pull the brown relay off its mount and give both sets of the contacts a good clean and refit it with metal clip and give the key a try.

I will try too  clean the contacts on the raley behinde the ECU box..
Thanks given by:
Press the big black or red button in the engine bay. Cant believe this hasn't been suggested yet.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 11:06 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Press the big black or red button in the engine bay. Cant believe this hasn't been suggested yet.
I had thought about that too, inertia switch but was unsure if all or what years and models had them!
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 03:53 PM)Redordead89 Wrote:
(18-08-2015, 11:06 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Press the big black or red button in the engine bay. Cant believe this hasn't been suggested yet.
I had thought about that too, inertia switch but was unsure if all or what years and models had them!

(16-08-2015, 08:37 AM)benny123 Wrote: my peugeot 306 wont start. I checked alle the fuses, relays.. ok.   Alle the earthing connection are ok. Its sparks on the plugs.. but it still wont start. when i poor some petrol in the manifoil the motor engnite but stop when the petrol is burn up.. But when i turn the key around, the starter turns but the engine wont start. I also checked the petrol pump and this is ok. Can anyone help me here..?

i found the big black button in the engine bay. what should i do with it..
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 04:57 PM)benny123 Wrote:

i found the big black button in the engine bay. what should i do with it..
Press it!
Thanks given by:
Hit it with a hammer, if that fails.... Bigger hammer
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 04:57 PM)benny123 Wrote:

i found the big black button in the engine bay. i pressed the button down and nothing happened.. Is it possible the ECU that is damaged?
Thanks given by:
Exactly that! Press it then turn the car over. Should fire.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Do you have a keypad immobiliser? are both green and red lights on? Did you read through the link I posted above? It might Have went wrong if you have your ignition on for a long time without the car running or someone has entered the code wrongly 3 times!

Did anything strange happen with the engine last time you drove it? Hit any big puddles of water or potholes?
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 07:31 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Do you have a keypad immobiliser? are both green and red lights on?  Did you read through the link I posted above? It might Have went wrong if you have your ignition on for a long time without the car running or someone has entered the code wrongly 3 times!

Did anything strange happen with the engine last time you drove it? Hit any big puddles of water or potholes?

My dynamo was destroyed.. it was a shortcut between the positive an negative inside the dynamo..  after that the car wount start no more.. The car doesent have a keypad immobiliser.. so thats not the problem..
Thanks given by:
Dynamo = Alternator????
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 10:50 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Dynamo = Alternator????

alternator..
Thanks given by:
Hey mods, not my thread but can't this go in the TU elecs section for hopefully more replies or ideas please? Help the dude out!?!
Thanks given by:
Did you get it fixed? What was the problem/ solution?
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2015, 10:18 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Did you get it fixed? What was the problem/ solution?

The problem not fixed yet.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried a new alternator yet?
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 11:40 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Have you tried a new alternator yet?

I put in an new alternator but it still do not want to start.. Does anyone have the wiring diagram of the engine..? Or do anyone know where to find it..?
Thanks given by:
Checked all fuses and relays?
Thanks given by:
Tried the fuel filter?
Thanks given by:

So, you get spark but no fuel?

Pump is priming from your description but no fuel to injector/manifold? I'd be tempted to pull a fuel pipe and check it's getting through. 

Could be fuel filter.

Is there a pressure that the fuel has to meet before it'll fire?

How do the immobilisers work on these? Cut the fuel or spark or both?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 206 won't start when hot Italjohn 4 3,251 18-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Engine wont start after clutch change *resolved* FrontBackSide2Side 17 5,000 08-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Last Post: FrontBackSide2Side