Car Diagnostics- Which One?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Diagnostics- Which One?
Just posting on behalf of my brother.

He's in the trade and he was thinking of buying a launch x431 5 c

Can I get some recommendation's to diagnostic equipment and which ones are worth having and which ones are to avoid.

Will be used for general garage purposes
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
Dont buy launch products is my advice, Autel make some nice and reasonably affordable gear that works well. I use my Md802 scanner more than my laptop delphi diagnosticcs
Thanks given by:
Snap-on Solus ultra. If you have the budget. They're very, very good IMO.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Use a genuine Delphi system and I really like it, although a bit unhandy having the laptop but ok other than that. Hard to beat dealer level system if your working at a particular brand of vehicle alot, like vcds, vaux com etc.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2015, 09:48 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Use a genuine Delphi system and I really like it, although a bit unhandy having the laptop but ok other than that. Hard to beat dealer level system if your working at a particular brand of vehicle alot, like vcds, vaux com etc.

He has Delphi system currently, but he hates the hassle of carrying laptop/cables etc.

He used launch before and he seems to like it, snap on stuff maybe to pricey for him.
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2015, 09:48 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Hard to beat dealer level system if your working at a particular brand of vehicle alot, like vcds, vaux com etc.

Totally agree with this. We used a Solus at college, I used it on the 306 and Golf as well as some of the practice cars there and I was surprised by how much better VAGCOM (VCDS) or Pug Planet were considering the price of the Solus! It was nice enough to use (though a bit of a pain having to find the right key) but just didn't have as much info or functions as the dealer stuff.

Obviously that's no good if you're dealing with every make though. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnostics shervo 17 3,375 20-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  autocom diagnostics. tysonbully2k12 8 2,450 15-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  diagnostics kit tysonbully2k12 2 1,196 04-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Post: ConorTRG