205 track toy project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 track toy project
Long time since a update as been kinda ignoring it for a while as lost the love a little but Anyways decided to pull my finger out and get on with it a bit

[url="http://s199.photobucket.com/user/blandy_album/media/B081918E-3554-4E20-820A-F617BC0506C3_zpsuuhffpeb.jpg.html"][Image: B081918E-3554-4E20-820A-F617BC0506C3_zpsuuhffpeb.jpg][/url]

Made a frame and got the rad Lower in order to fit the intercooler above but tbh not really happy with how low it is now so have a bbm on order so will have to remake the frame again lol. Also looking to put the oil cooler and charger cooler to the sides behind fog lights to maximise space
Thanks given by:
Been a little busy trying to get it all fitted how I want main thing being wanting to hide it as much as pos to look subtle. The rad height was always going to annoy me so I got a shorter rad and had to yet again remake a frame to house it so with a bit of welding finally managed to mount the rad, fans, intercooler, oil cooler and charger oil cooler.

[Image: CC7052DE-9B42-4A62-8F7F-975AE161D226_zpsmy3x4bkz.jpg]

Bumper fitted

[Image: 4B78141C-5C9C-4B15-BDEF-480292638489_zpscf1ireit.jpg]

All hidden

[Image: 75F72F3B-D931-4283-B08F-AA6DAD53CC2B_zpszr9w84ms.jpg]

I have a spare valance so will spray that up as previously had a little cut from the bottom to mount the oil cooler in its existing position and also going to get hold of a standard grill as never been sure on the one fitted and think it looks even worse now so I'll get a standard one fitted
Thanks given by:
Been playing again today definitely need to order a icv as idle issues are back again today. Also temporarily wired in a water temp gauge as don't trust the original item and it does show a very different reading so will keep it installed until I go to a Digi dash over the winter. One more annoyance is a gearbox noise on idle that disappears when clutch is depressed so points to clutch release bearing is on way out annoying as I only replaced it a few months back when fitting the diff, but it was a cheap Ecp item.
Engines comming back out over winter for a cambelt so will address it then.

Now time to book a trackday

[Image: D6A55BB8-6788-4B4D-B683-F420D534C5A7_zps5jw8hf1r.jpg]

[Image: D630E2EA-A621-4B11-B602-C0DFFF740251_zpsu8hcsklw.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Intercooler looks great and sealth,hope it can do the job.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
It's good for around 320bhp on the Sierra cosworth it comes from so should be adequate for low boost (I hope). Hoping with the standard grill back in (once sprayed) it'll give a bit more airflow to it as the fibreglass surround on the current grill blocks a fair bit off.

Hoping to get out on track next month to put it all to the test as that's the main downside of being non road legal I can't test Sad
Thanks given by:
Well little update. Finished the charger conversion, did a trackday and all good. Well apart from as odd as it sounds I wasn't in love with the charger yes a lot quicker on the straits but could really feel the extra weight up front and in all honesty it didn't give me the feeling I wanted + I noticed the oil temps were higher and coolant temps a little higher due to the shear lack of room up front all ok but noticeably higher since charging.
If it was a road car with occasional use I would of kept the charger but felt as purely a track car I missed the bodies from my old 306

So long story short I've removed the charger set up and decided to go back to n/a as its lighter, less complex under the bonnet + was at the time looking to buy a friends high comp set up which unfortunately since selling on my charger is now not happening because his new engine plans never came off.

Anyways onwards and upwards I decided to get on and get some Jenveys along with a omex 600 which is planed to be fitted over the winter along with a etb digi dash and to redo most of the original wiring to make things as simple and reliable as pos

Here's how it stands at the min win bodies test fitted

[Image: fb82ca4f22155844e8d355ec21429d25_zpsbkfg0lcu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thought you've bought an engine anyway?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I have now just originally at the point I decided to part with the charger I was going to be buying a high comp mi16 lump but that sale fell through Sad. Well technically at this exact moment in time the car sits with no engine in it as picking up a replacement mild camped engine this week but couldn't resist offering the bodies up to see what room I'll have for a filter before pulling the engine and box out this afternoon
Thanks given by:
Haha you've thrown some money into it

I did think the chargers make the 6 engines lazy and the itb liven them up abit.

What about a 2.1 built,ash's sounds and goes insane.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Not a huge amount tbh before the engine work the car owed me less than £2k

Unfortunately now it's getting a bit more expensive.

The end goal will be something along the lines of a 2.1 but at the min Once I fit the cammed engine and bodies I should have a nice healthy 200ish Bhp which will do for a while
Thanks given by:
NA for the win, i think it'll suit the car better. Look forward to seeing it come along.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-12-2015, 08:18 PM)7057sam Wrote: I did think the chargers make the 6 engines lazy and the itb liven them up abit.

using the wrong type of charger thats why. Twin screw chargers are far more guts lower down
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
that will sound nice at full chant!
Thanks given by:
looks a nice looking 205 , really good project and good read ,
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 05:42 PM)Stef205 Wrote:
(28-12-2015, 08:18 PM)7057sam Wrote: I did think the chargers make the 6 engines lazy and the itb liven them up abit.
Yes 

using the wrong type of charger thats why. Twin screw chargers are far more guts lower down

Yes I agree Allthough the kit came up at a reasonable price and the benefits of the find were its fit and forget nature. It did make a big difference but just wasn't for me even the day I brought it I was having 2nd thoughts thinking I should be sticking with n/a 

Also on the 205 getting it all to fit nicely proved difficult and again with hard track use in mind I could invision cooling issues down the line with prolonged hard use as trying to fit the coolers etc in neatly was at ask in itself. 

In all fairness a lot of it was down to me kinda wishing I'd gone n/a and the other due to thinking I've lost every bit of weight else where in the car and then added a shed load under the bonnet. So definately not slating the kits in anyway as it fitted up easily and done exactly what it should and for a fun road car it would be cracking just not my cup of tea.
Thanks given by:
A little progress well kinda

I have my replacement engine waiting to go in along with a xsara vts box and new clutch.

[Image: FD47AE1E-871E-45C2-A4A1-A2BCA90B07D5_zpso4a60oil.jpg]

Also starting to play with the wiring to get the new dash installed

[Image: A66289DA-57C7-470C-855C-F8BC7776263B_zpsglsjwb3q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Done a bit more.

Engine is now in with ecu wired and running Allthough needs proper mapping

[Image: 8E20B9F4-F3A1-49D0-980D-760169F72687_zps2gbrjlgr.png]

Also brought a fibreglass dash to go in along with my Digi dash. Originally designed for a 106 but fitted in without much hassle. Just need to get it flocked now.

[Image: 1A55C47E-AD1F-4F8B-AAB0-7A7847C98A0F_zpspnyfljyd.jpg]

[Image: 19B594CF-A6B5-44A3-B685-11E6AA9E2E8A_zpsvnz1xfuv.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice work, you seem to just get your head down and make huge amounts of progress with this. Not like some threads. "Fitted new wiper blades and washed it" updates!
Thanks given by:
Crikey, this has changed a bit since I last saw it in the metal at your old unit on the farm!

Stef certainly won't agree but I'm very much of the opinion that ITB's suit a 205 far better than boosted applications, even though it's unquestionably worse in the hp/£ stakes.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
yeah has come along way since i got it.
Yeah power wont be as much as the charger but i did miss the bodies from my old 306 and prefer the simplicity of the whole set up. Just need to get my heated screen installed thats just turned up and get it off to mapping
Thanks given by:
needs longer trumpets Big Grin
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
There 60's at the min but plenty of room for more, will play with options on the dyno
Thanks given by:
I had 90's on a fair length inlet, though I didn't try any others, it was close to the total tract length Sandy reccomended.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Got the car built back up, brakes bled and ready to go to mapping now bar fitting the dash when it comes back from flocking.

I've had some pro race 1.2's for a while now and was set on sticking with standard wheels so was going to sell them on but got bored last week and offered one up and actually quite like them.

[Image: 2D35C4E3-D048-4614-B735-39AE091B1E41_zpsux9obulx.jpg]

So getting the tyres swapped this week as there on slicks at the moment so will get my pilot sports swapped on to them and then wait till next month to get it mapped
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2016, 09:38 PM)allye Wrote: Nice work, you seem to just get your head down and make huge amounts of progress with this. Not like some threads. "Fitted new wiper blades and washed it" updates!

Lol yeah if I did that I think I'd have a post count like some of the others on here but my car is for me and my biggest factor is no garage etc has touched it as all been done by me. So nice to look over the project to see where it started.

I just know I like to read projects that have a bit going on that if I get stuck I can see who's done similar I don't want to read 20+ pages for minor changes and countless chat between mates but then each to there own.

On that note I have just ordered a new wiper arm as mines lost most of its splines lol
Thanks given by:
Done bit more today
Flocked dash gone back in

[Image: 09AD724C-E5A6-4741-A1CE-2478A843B15D_zpsk6cbi2kl.jpg]

Had a slight issue with the indicators due to wiring so will be wiring in seperate LEDs for the display either side of the dash.

Also thought I'd give it a bit of a clean and take the chequer sticker off that seemed like a good idea at the time but hated it every min since

[Image: 5EC477F3-2308-40EF-A853-0378EBD1DB80_zps6cjcgew5.jpg]

Few more tweaks and it's off to mapping
Thanks given by:
Looks like an epic build mate, dash looks ace and im guessing a big weight saving had.
paint looks good good too.
looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.
and getting overtaken by it no doubt.
Thanks given by:
I thought you said you were changing that awful grille?
Thanks given by:
Dash/cockpit looks hmmm hmmm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2016, 10:28 PM)Teaboy Wrote: I thought you said you were changing that awful grille?

I have a original to fit just need to paint it but been kinda busy doing more useful things lol will prob put the standard one in when I get round to it
Thanks given by: