Cut out earlier at full throttle @ 3k

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut out earlier at full throttle @ 3k
Just what I need right about now 

It cut out earlier at full throttle @3k started almost straight away. Booted it again and it cut the same

Plugged it in and it bought up this 

[Image: 20150701_195012_zpswu5sgwzc.jpg]

I know it's a lottery of what it could be, but fpr/fuel pump /lift pump?
Thanks given by:
FPR will cut the engine if it overpressures, so over 1350bar iirc.. itll have to wait for 10 seoncds before restarting.. and will only do it under heavy boost..

could be that!?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the culprit
Thanks given by:
might be full of crap, would take it out, give it a blast with WD, and then put it back in,

i know that Pro_steve said he had an issue when mine went about 100bar over the upper limit and it cut the engine.. so,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Says there on that fault code "lack of pressure", so probably not an over-pressure fault. Wink

Very common issue, start with the bits that are easiest to check, fpr is a good shout. Might be worth unplugging the third piston shut off valve too to see if that makes a difference. Didn't you have this problem before?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ignore the 3rd piston deactivator fault, it was cutting out with it plugged in and unplugged.

I had this problem on my old estate
Thanks given by:
Your high pressure pump is dying by the looks of it, not able for the map anymore
Thanks given by:
If you look at the fault in more detail (IIRC its F6) it'll tell you the pressures it was triggered at.

on mine if you push it up to 3k it'll cut out when cold, when warm it's absolutely fine...will restart straight away but its to do with my FPR being sticky from what I've looked at.

Just haven't got round to sorting it yet.
Thanks given by:
Ah that'll be what i'm thinking of then. If you've got access to a good lift pump i'd try that too, since it's quick and easy to check. When did it last have a fuel filter? Seen blocked/cheap aftermarket fuel filters cause this a few times too.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Was a brand new bosch filter not so long ago
Thanks given by:
9/10 times you can fix it by just cleaning the regulator, so it's always worth trying that first.
Also, who's map are you running? In mine I set them so that this doesn't happen but it still can if your pump is really worn or the regulator is blocked up.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
last resort
could try breaking the filter tip off the end of the fuel pressure regulator Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Map is by JP

I'm going to try amg clean out the regulator later on
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20150704_104228_zpsqin5geqm.jpg]

[Image: 20150704_104755_zpsnfny91rj.jpg]

Was really shitted up so hopefully a clean has sorted it. They're was a tiny nick in the o ring which I hope isn't going to cause problems
Thanks given by:
Hasn't cut out yet. Only booted it once though
Thanks given by:
good effort Smile

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Booted it several times and it seems to of cured it
Thanks given by:
Good news then hopefully. Is there 2 different designs of FPR as im sure some do have a filter on the end and doesn't look like Paul's does?
Thanks given by:
yes some have a tapered filter on the end hence me saying break it off Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Done it again
Thanks given by:
Don't like the look of that. Confused Tried the fpr again to see if it's got more gunk on it?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
[Image: 20150704_200241_zpscsstnwjl.jpg]

Does that mean any thing to any one?

Pressure seems a bit low
Thanks given by:
902 doesn't seem low, depends what you were doing at the time. P1112 is another fuel pressure code iirc. Have a look at requested pressure vs actual, that'll tell you whether or not it's struggling to make pressure.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Foot flat to the floor in 3rd

Bit difficult to have it plugged in a drive at the same time. need to try and work out how to do the logging feature on there

ive got a r70 pump in the back of the car off a 2.2 hdi. Are the FPR's compatible? they look identical, might give it a go
Thanks given by:
I've just put it in and it runs. Feels a lot faster for some reason?! Spinning the wheels in 2nd when the turbo spooled up, hasn't done that before
Thanks given by:
Hasn't cut yet
Thanks given by:
Sounds like your pushing a better fuelling now Big Grin spinning in second?! didn't it do that before all the issues?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2015, 08:12 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: I've just put it in and it runs. Feels a lot faster for some reason?! Spinning the wheels in 2nd when the turbo spooled up, hasn't done that before

Put what in....the R70 off the 2.2?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
No the FPR from the r70

Going to be putting the r70 on soon I think

I've been giving it f*cking death and it's not cut
Thanks given by:
Good news, excellent! Fingers crossed it stays that way. Was the old one gunked up again?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: