roll cage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roll cage
I've just been on demon tweaks looking at roll cages, which one would people suggest and why?
Thanks given by:
Unless you get a discount I'd shop around then see if they'll match it.
Get a quote from custom cages too.

What are you doing with the car?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
i think the normal omp 6 point is £480 inc vat or something. its the cheapest anyway and you can always get the X or harness bars welded in.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't go for the basic OMP,  it's not a great cage. Id rather spend the extra couple of hundred for a better OMP cage or a Cutomcages or safety devices job. It's a bit of a pain fitting rollcages too, and unless done properly, it'll never be FIA legal. 

Here is an OMP basic cage i bought. 

[Image: IMAG0306.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0305.jpg]
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Custom cages are good but require a lot of time and skill to fit as they are supplied as a box of tubes. They are only as good as the person welding them together.
Thanks given by:
It's my daily at the moment but will be tracking it soon and it will be my daily until around march time then it's going to be just a track car.
Where are the points the cage mounts to? There's 2 in the boot I know but where do the other 4 actually mount to?
Thanks given by:
6.2 in boot 2 behind the seats and 2 in front of the dash

Few photo to show you the mounting points of my rallye 

[attachment=undefined]    
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Thanks 7057sam
Thanks given by:
Custom cages supplied one needs a lot of work to fit right. Ask Phil / Rippthrough

A bolt in cage still is only as good as it's attachment into the car
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I think adams cage has something like 18 points of contact.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but it was built to massively exceed msa regs (50 x 2mm tube) and its not the lightest thing in the world
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 07:21 AM)adam b Wrote: Custom cages supplied one needs a lot of work to fit right. Ask Phil / Rippthrough

A bolt in cage still is only as good as it's attachment into the car

They redid the cages after Jim had the same issue, apparently they're a lot better now, although there's still issues with the dash bars and rear cross notching.
 I still won't touch them, if someone wants a cage, they bring the car and have it custom made here to fit the shell - too much hassle fixing other firms f**kups.

Mountings for a 6-point are usually either a plate or box foot up front in the side of the footwell, a box foot in the corner behind the seats where the floor rises up for the rear bench/fuel tank, and then either the big crossmember where the beam mounts in the rear or sometimes the rear arches depending on the cage, optionally tied in to b-pillars/a-pillars or stitch welded around the door hole depending on regs.

Don't forget to factor fitting costs in if you can't weld/fabricate the feet/mountings into the car.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure this was a custom cages job. Albeit a home weld, with the weld mounts ground flat. For that reason it would need work to get it FIA legal.

[Image: IMG_8876-vi.jpg]
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Damn chris we should of both kept are rallye s
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 07:45 PM)7057sam Wrote: Damn chris we should of both kept are rallye s

Arg! I know! Sad
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Looks like a custom cages F2.

Mine doesn't have under dash bars, but does tie into the main bulkhead cross member. Has another cross behind the seats instead of the U shape. Otherwise basically the same. Pretty overkill for what I use it for

[Image: 3.jpg]
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
^ true, but the cage will hold the value of the car up if you have cerificates and have done it to the proper standard.

I had a combe saloon racer look at mine, amd inform me the welds were unsuitable for FIA spec, hence i sold the car.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roll Cage in a 5 door Eeyore 22 4,648 12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show cage? MIKE-FORD 17 4,098 02-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: cwspellowe
  Half cage. Lukeey 4 1,189 29-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: mark_airey