buckets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buckets
I know it not the best of buckets but I've got a sparco one and want it in the car but don't want one bucket and also still want use of the back seats so I was debating getting one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECLINING-BUCK...51c3e5f456
anyone used them? are they any good? also what else will I need to fit them? like runners/side mounts and stuff.
Thanks given by:
Okay so... most frames are made to fit seats.... omp sub frames, sparco sub frames etc. Who knows what these seats will need. They are base mounted for a start so you wont be able to side mount them. What youll probably have to do is put these in with a frame adapters ontop of the original frames.

My buckets are cobras on OMP frames ontop of standard sliders and subframes.

As for harnesses... you wont be able to run harnesses with the rear seats in. So youre going to have to mount the pretensioners on whatever frames you get. Not a problem if youre using the oem ones. The belt will rub the buckets so expect that to cause some wear. You could run a rear harness bar but then when you have a crash your rear passengers will go straight into a metal bar so definitely dont do that.

Remember when you fit these seats they wont have air bags so you will have to solder in resistors into the air bag wiring.

Sounds like they arent going to match. Tbh i would save up and get a matching set of reclining ones. Look at RX8 seats if you want something a bit different. Niall has some he might sell you.
Thanks given by:
Cheers man, I'll have a browse around and see what takes my fancy
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting Buckets - Airbag Resistors Ed Doe 11 2,574 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Just Sean
  Can normal seat belts be used with buckets? Ricky 19 3,271 29-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Last Post: declantg