Dash clocks resetting?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dash clocks resetting?
My dash clocks in the hdi estate seem to do the reset thing quite often when i start it up, any reason why they do it? Is there something up as it does it quite often?

Here a pic of what they do

[Image: 41C45C3D-62D7-4D82-867B-1D893B33A4BA_zpskmz16txb.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Iirc thats low battery voltage?
Thanks given by:
Yup, low battery or poor earth causes that. Usually low batteries for me!
Thanks given by:
Thats what pro steve said when he come out and mapped it but i have tested the battery and its fine. Will just have to keep an eye on it
Thanks given by:
Have you checked the battery leads? Might just be hanging on by a couple of strands lol.
Thanks given by:
All seems ok, ill double check at some point though
Thanks given by:
I always have this problem with my '6 before swap to the new Battery. Due to the 6 isn't a daily drive for me.

As in the newbies forum, I usually drive 406 and the GTI6 are weekend driving.

And some of the 306 in my Country found this symptom, cause from poor ground in somewhere that related to the meter.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Voltage drop issue either caused by a dying battery or dodgy wiring somewhere. When you say you have tested the battery, how have you done so?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
shitty leads could do that, check all the big cables at all connections.

Did you check the battery with a multimeter?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Use the battery tester at work

[Image: D988466B-F7A5-48C1-8207-333003C453CA_zpscdbupjpj.jpg]

It doesn't worry me, i just wondered why it did it. Maybe when the winter comes I'll look to get a new battery
Thanks given by:
Dont discount a new battery. We use ACT gold testers at work which are much more advanced than that one you have there and even the manufacturer basically says use your instinct. They only simulate load on the battery.
I would however be looking at checking cabling. I replaced my battery earth loom as it was very frayed and corroded. I was genuinely shocked as to how much better everything worked and before hand it didnt even seem that bad!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hmm well the battery is in the boot but has the earth cable running all the way to the engine bay. Do you reckon that would have any think to do with it?

I was thinking of sorting a shorter earth anyway. Could just add a short 1 as an extra earth i guess
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2015, 12:49 PM)Frosty Wrote: Hmm well the battery is in the boot but has the earth cable running all the way to the engine bay. Do you reckon that would have any think to do with it?

I was thinking of sorting a shorter earth anyway. Could just add a short 1 as an extra earth i guess

Yes. Thats just introducing voltage drop right there. Get rid of that earth and earth it in the boot to a solid clean earth and i bet you'll get a bit of improvement straight away
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I fitted a new shorter earth lead that goes to under the rear seats and the clocks haven't done the resetting thing since so that seems to have cured it
Thanks given by:
Interesting thread. My recent purchase 306D has a brand new battery, fitted by the seller's garage. But I have some issues with the clocks, so I'll be checking those earth connections at the weekend. :Smile If I can't cure it I'll post it up as a new thread.
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dash clocks dec-66 36 7,310 13-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Resetting the service light? underground375 3 1,272 10-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
Question resetting/turning the clocks back to 0!?? Piggy 8 2,172 20-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Last Post: cully