dash clocks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dash clocks
i recently changed some of the bulbs that were blown in the light cluster bit of a pig of a job if u don't have childs hands to get behind and get the plugs out sodone all that then put all them back in and now i dont have revs or speedo and handbrake light is always on and the indicators don't flash on the dash, what have i done lol

any ideas
Thanks given by:
Did you connect all the plugs back up properly?

Thanks given by:
yeh think so didnt relise there were so many plugs lol bit easier on my old phase 2 with two plugs
Thanks given by:
For no speedo and rev counter, try pulling the shut fuse (marked SH with no Amp rating) from the compartment and putting it back in if phase 1s have them. If that doesn't work, I would suggest you've blown a fuse and it's worth checking the fuse compartment for breakage.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
ok cheers pulled that SH fuse out and the revs worked but no speedo so put it back in and still no speedo and revs also checked all the fuses in the box which is very time consuming haha and tried a different set of clocks and still no luck any other ideas
Thanks given by:
How did u get along with this mate? I seem to be having the same problem Confused
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I also have the same problem. Got another set of clocks coming to see if that cures it
Thanks given by:
Anyone had any luck with this. Ive also tried different clocks and no luck. Cheere
Thanks given by:
iv had no luck so far either does your battery light show on the clocks mine don't :S
Thanks given by:
No just speedo not working and handbrake light on unless ya use footbrake. I read the handbrake light may stay on if brake fluid low so gonna top it up. But no luck with anything else
Thanks given by:
Yeh my handbrake light stayin on aswell inless I press the foot break but my battery light don't come on either so seems like we got the same problem who's going to figure it out 1st hmmm?
Thanks given by:
My battery light comes on with ignition. Its since i changed my lights in the dials
Thanks given by:
confused.com :S i topped up the brake fluid and handbrake light still stays on :S
Thanks given by:
I topped mine up today. Still on aswell. I really ent a clue on what it could be. Gonna double check all my plugs tomorrow for broken wires.
Thanks given by:
I took the HS fuese out and I can hear an interference in the speakers Confused
Thanks given by:
Whats the hs fuse?
Thanks given by:
The shunt fuse in the fuse box one with no rating on it
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Ive tried removing it and putting back in with no luck
Thanks given by:
hmmmm :S anyoneeee got any other ideas ??
Thanks given by:
nah i still havent found a solution and its reaaly annoying me not having any speedo or revs
Thanks given by:
the thing i had figured out was one of the plugs didnt have power going to it so we got power from one of the other wires but still nothing :S i even put my clocks in my bros car and they working fine!!!
Thanks given by:
yeh my clocks were fine when tried in my mates car i think im just gunna bite the bullit and take it to a garage cause i got mot coming up soon so it needs a speedo
Thanks given by:
Yeh I know wot u mean mate but I'm not giving up with out a fight Smile just yet lol
Thanks given by:
Just a thought guys if your not getting power to one of the connectors and you have drawn power from an alternate source !

Are you getting the signal to the clocks that is needed for the speedo and revs to work try checking further down the loom to see if something else is disconnected

Have you checked the earth in the drivers footwell
Thanks given by:
Iv checked the earth on drivers footwell there's only one wire going to, mine only toped working when I took the clocks out and was test driving it because we had put new bull joints and I had figured that's why my fuel gauge wasn't working because of the clocks think I might take out the dash to check the earths behind
Thanks given by:
I'm just thinking if there connected lower down behind the dash and pulled a bit tight maybe another connector has come out or loose
Thanks given by:
Am i correct in thinking that on the ph1 dials, you have a small bit of plastic that sticks out from the back of the dials with the contacts on? Sticks out about 1cm and then the plug slides over this?
If so, have a look in the plug and you will see for every pin on the dials, there is 2 bits of metal that clamp onto it. These can be bent loose so dont make contact very well. Try taking the pins out of the plastic plug and bending them together again to ensure its making contact properly.

[Image: sdc10553v.jpg]

like this but 306 dials obviously
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Right guys I kept taking out the HS fues and putting it back in then the central locking started locking its self I kept doing it for a few mins and I got a small flat head screw driver to push the pins on the plugs a bit and its working now WOOP!!! Big Grin cherrs for the info lads and try doing what I done
Thanks given by:
oh glad to hear it mate nice one will have to have a go at that see if it finally does the trick. also when yours wasnt working did your miles stop going up because i just realised that my miles don't change haha
Thanks given by:
Yeh mate my miles wasn't moving at all and the handbrake light stayed on but its all working fine now Smilegood luck do it till the central locking starts locking play around with the HS fues Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash clocks resetting? Frosty 14 3,153 14-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cheapo
  dash clocks! gurj306 23 6,895 30-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: gurj306
  Dash Clocks Help C2K 12 2,941 19-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: C2K