Stage 1, Hell off a difference

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 1, Hell off a difference
So while I was over that way for work, I dropped the car into pro-steve to have the stage 1 remap done.

What a difference, noticeable more kick in all gears and on the motorway, 70-90 in 5th for overtaking only of course, was very much improved.

Never had so much fun on Dorset B roads since the S16 I wrote off 13 years ago.

However need to sort injectors as they are a lot louder now so is anyone London based up for doing a swap for me in return for numerous beer tokens?
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
no point doing the injectors mate, theyu are louder because of the map,

mine sounds like a sowing machine up to 3200rpm then shuts up completely, just get used to it
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2015, 11:12 PM)toseland Wrote: no point doing the injectors mate, theyu are louder because of the map,

mine sounds like a sowing machine up to 3200rpm then shuts up completely,   just get used to it

They are definately louder, just concerned they might break?????
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Thanks given by:
They won't break, yet to hear of a set that actually stopped working. I had a set die on me, but that wasn't a mapped car and it was suffering badly for fuel abuse in an earlier life.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thats that decision made then, turn the stereo up Smile
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Thanks given by:
Or get a bigger exhaust... Wink
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2015, 08:23 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Or get a bigger exhaust... Wink

For the amount of time it will spend being thrashed I'm happy to live with it if they ain't gonna break, mostly towing trailers in 3rd around London anyway just want more low down pull which has been achieved.
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Thanks given by:
A bigger exhaust would drown out the noise, i think was the point lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nospeak 'slaps Forehead' Nospeak 

Obvious when pointed out, age must be getting to me
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Thanks given by:
Lol, tbf I probably should've said 'louder' rather than bigger. lol

But yeah it works well...couldn't hear if my GTi6 had any issues over the 3" Magnex... lol
Thanks given by:
CBA with a bigger exhaust to be fair, more important bits to do to it and the 306 half trailer I think I have Tongue
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 05:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, tbf I probably should've said 'louder' rather than bigger. lol

But yeah it works well...couldn't hear if my GTi6 had any issues over the 3" Magnex... lol

with that 3inch magnex on a '6 you could have a rod flailing about through a hole in the block, a flat tyre, and 3 snapped springs and you wouldnt notice it hah!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2015, 01:15 AM)toseland Wrote:
(22-05-2015, 05:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, tbf I probably should've said 'louder' rather than bigger. lol

with that 3inch magnex on a '6 you could have a rod flailing about through a hole in the block, a flat tyre, and 3 snapped springs and you wouldnt notice it hah!

Very true, could almost drown out my neighbours bike with it...  But I kinda prefer that to the quiet Focus where I think I'm hearing broken noises all the time.  Could've sworn a bearing had failed the other day, metallic tinging grinding sort of sound...turned out it was my keys... lol
Thanks given by:
Why not try a little 2-stroke oil when you next fill up, found it made quite the improvement to mine! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2015, 10:39 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Why not try a little 2-stroke oil when you next fill up, found it made quite the improvement to mine! Wink

Been investigating 2 stroke but still on the fence, may just have to give it a go
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Thanks given by:
I had about a third of a tank left, and put about 50-60ml of 2 stroke in, and it's made the injectors considerably quieter. Smile
Thanks given by:
i might have to try that, mines sounding quite 'sewing machine'y under load, not in a bad way but i think it could be quieter. probably because its the most refined engine/car ive had for a while and it doesnt have any other wierd noises going on to drown it out, not even a tiny exhaust blow.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's basically the same as mine was, and now it's much better. Definitely give it a go. Just try not to put too much in, I think cully was using about 200ml to a full tank of derv. Wink
Thanks given by:
I am going to try some 2 stroke in the 206 with next fuel up...will report back
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the hell am I all about stu9 10 3,756 26-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Last Post: stu9
  What the hell did i just watch?! Pugmarshall 7 2,606 15-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Alee83
  Flocking hell puglove 29 10,701 18-07-2012, 06:34 AM