is this deffinetly the headgasket.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this deffinetly the headgasket.....
ok so was about to treck to lincoln and go to check my water and see a brown milky liquid in my coolant, but check the oil and oil is the normal black, the car hasnt really been getting what i would call "up to temp" its been sitting at around 70 deg, now i immediately suspect headgasket... am i right and is there anything else i can check?
Thanks given by:
Bleed the system first
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Change the thermostat, flush and re-fill + bleed the coolant. See if that get's it running at the right temperature.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
what about the brown sludge in coolant? just a buildup??
Thanks given by:
When was it last flushed/changed?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Brown sludge could just be a build up of the rusty water/crap that gets in the coolant system, or possibly some shit left over from someboy using rad-weld in the past. Could well be HG too, but bleed the coolant first just to check Smile
Thanks given by:
thanks guys, great help! ill get on the case tomorrow when the factors are open! it got me to lincoln and back without an issue! other than running cold.. well about 72 degrees anyway!
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the thermostat is broken/stuck open...
Thanks given by:
yeah i think you are right, heading to m&j's tomorrow to pick a new one up Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd change the stat as said. As for the coolant. Mine was a similar colour until I flushed it through
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The heater matrices on these cars have a habit of rusting on the inside too, turning coolant brown relatively quickly. I suspected HG on my gti6 but it turned out the coolant hadn't been changed in years.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MLS headgasket enquiries. 205dtub 14 3,978 18-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Last Post: vinny
  Headgasket failure? AdamInNi 3 1,316 31-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: AdamInNi
  headgasket ? Teddy 6 1,841 23-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin