headgasket ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headgasket ?
right changed the water pump on my xud engine as it was weeping from weep hole and always noticed that the filler tank always gets alot off air in it and top rad hoes does go very hard. the engine doesnt really get that hot and cant see any water in oil is it just got air in the system our is headgasket on way out ?
http://youtu.be/xheJU6XpM6Y
Thanks given by:
Excessive pressurising of the cooling system is normally the first symptom I see on XU/XUD HG failures, together with coolant loss.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
dont see any coolant loss probelm i got is lack off bleeding nipples on the coolant system
Thanks given by:
Unless you can bleed it properly, you'll never get the air out and you'll forever have problems with heat... Need to get a bleed point at the top of the system on the matrix hoses and on the bleed line from the thermostat housing.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
cheers ruan i think that is my problem only got 1 bleed nipple that comes of heater matrix and thats it
Thanks given by:
Come to think of it, I don't think I actually have any bleed points on mine.... Though I have the upper return hoses leading back into the header tank. Home Brew Lash up cooling system Tongue
Thanks given by:
Might help if you drill a small hole in the thermostat too by the sounds of it if you are lacking in bleed points.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MLS headgasket enquiries. 205dtub 14 3,915 18-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Last Post: vinny
  Headgasket failure? AdamInNi 3 1,300 31-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: AdamInNi
  Headgasket done? SonnyRoby 1 920 22-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Last Post: cully