Cylinder head faced 0.33mm removed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cylinder head faced 0.33mm removed
I have just collected the cylinder head from the machine shop!!

The pressure test was good, they vacuum tested the valves as I freshly ground them back in to there seats and that was all fine.

They skimmed the cylinder head and took 0.33mm off the face, I do not know what the tolerances are for using the started head gasket (which I have already bought). Can somebody advise whether I should be good with a standard head gasket without the valves touching the pistons? Huh

The engine is a XU10J4 from a 1994 306 S16

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
they have big valve cutouts so should be ok but there id a repair gasket available.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply, I'm in two minds just to give the gasket i've got a try.

But just in case I need it in the future where is the best place to get the repair gasket without paying main dealer prices?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Main dealer gaskets are cheap, the OE Gti6 one is cheaper than any crappy pattern one and they fit correctly which again most pattern ones don't
But fit a std gasket, it will be fine, loads of room as the pistons come no where near the top of the block so upping the compression won;t do any harm
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTI6 cylinder head cully 9 2,155 24-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Last Post: thododd
  Tube found in intake port of cylinder head lpr1981 23 5,068 19-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Cylinder head rebuilt, but now sounds like a diesel, please help! rj.stead 6 1,723 14-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum