Deggerz cherry2ech

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deggerz cherry2ech
Thought it may be time to stick a post up and see if i get any interest.
As some of you may know i had a black 5 door hdi which i part exchanged for a shitroen ds3
[Image: bfd5e23e0518658ffc47d1d677777f96.jpg]

After the novelty had worn off i began to feel like i had made a huge mistake, i had so much love for my old car, i felt attached to it, but here i am stuck with this peice of shit for the next 4 years...nvm

Anyways i saw a cherry ph1 dturbo with bosch pump pop up locally for a good price so i decided it was time to try and rekindle some love even if she was an older model,

Unfortunately i didnt take any photos of her when i got it but i didnt waste any time in ripping the engine out and ordering various parts. Such as hdi rods, arps seal kit etc etc,

A few interesting finds throughout were that its actually a dhy block and it was running lucas injectors which suprised me as the clocks are only showing 101k

[Image: 0c4a3d2fa560f7d479883d867a48b040.jpg]
[Image: c68f6185e11542431cd71b7a1749ebd9.jpg]

Yes i know the studs arnt made by arp but theyll do the job,
Heres how the engine stands atm bottom end all done with new shells etc etc
[Image: e59742c9247a07e62c1b16159728d619.jpg]

The cars looking in rather a poor state [Image: 4c0d59a50628648948b1bd0f4eb04fea.jpg]

This is about as far as I've got, i work 16 hours a day mostly so any spare time goes into this ive probably put about 8 hours into this so far in the last 3 weeks.

I would also like to add that i have absolutely no f*cking clue what im doing i have an uncomfortable gravel driveway very little tools and this is the first time ive really got involved in anything this technical so this is definately a big learning curve for me.

My plans are fairly simple im going to create a sunday night hoon bus for pissing off the local focus st crew, im keeping my actual turbo setup etc fairly close to my chest as im not going down the conventional route and as far as im aware nobody has run the setup im planning, what i will say is it will be a wastegated turbo as i dont really understand how to correctly control a vnt and my overall power expectations with the research i have done will be around the 220hp marker

Thanks for reading and any interest taken
Matt
Thanks given by:
Could be interesting, who makes the studs? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 08:01 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Could be interesting, who makes the studs? Smile
iirc a company called arrowspeed precision engineering or something like that makes them for distibution by pug1off
Thanks given by:
Ooh project fun Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice project, here's to hoping you're sticking a td05hr 16g6 on it, or something else twin-scroll. Will be watching closely with great interest!

If you haven't done any engine building before i'd seriously recommend doing some research, youtube is good if limited to mostly amateurs, there are some surprising pitfalls.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Definitely first one he's done, got to give it him he's just cracked on with it.
No messing about what so ever!
It's gonna be pretty epic when it's finished. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the kind words poodle, my issue is ive never actually got hands on and done it although im very mechanically minded and understand how everything works which has helped me through the build so far but anything i struggle with i always refer back to either here or youtube ive had to do that once so far Smile

Twin scroll wasnt on the menu but its definately something im going to be looking into as my current desired turbo choice is only fitted to 1 or 2 motors here in the uk so looks like i may have to get it imported, im yet to go down to the local hgv breakers and see if they have one floating around though Smile

Cheers kent yeah should be good Smile
Thanks given by: