Hello, I'm new to the forum.
Thought I'd introduce myself and my car Tongue
I will be at FCS on the stand and look forward to meeting everyone,
anyway here is my car which I have owned nearly a year now Smile

[attachment=23056]

This is it when I bought it  Huh
[attachment=23058]
[attachment=23059]
It's been one big project, but less of the past and onto now.

I'm currently in the process of giving the interior a lick of paint while its off the road,
[attachment=23060]

I did my first track day at Snetterton two weeks ago in the pug, car felt brilliant all day and was good fun giving the bigger power cars  a chase. The only problem with the car was oil temps, temping high up to 120-130 at times which at the end of the day created a knocking bottom end  Angry
I guess you learn from your mistakes and I did, fit an oil cooler before going on track!!
Sourced a replacement engine to go in which should happen next weekend and fingers crossed ready for FCS!
Heres a little video from the track day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BGQ0kGJVa0

[attachment=23061]

Hopefully meet you all at FCS anyway!
Rowan
Thanks given by:
Welcome bud. Smile

Really nice looking car you have there! Smile
Thanks given by:
I saw that one for sale a while back, glad you've rescued it!

Where abouts in Hampshire are you?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 10:38 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I saw that one for sale a while back, glad you've rescued it!

Where abouts in Hampshire are you?

Farnborough mate
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Glad to see you've finally signed up! Cars looking awesome. Look forward to having a look over it at FCS
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Looks tidy Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Looks really nice .
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. Sneterdon is local to me as well. A few of my friends do the Wednesday night track things.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Great looking car! looking forward to a closer look at FCS.

Welcome to the club Smile
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Done a good job of rescuing that, fair play. Look forward to seeing you at some of the meets going on. Or just for a barbecue if you're bored one Sunday and fancy a short trip down the A31. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Welcome & see you at FCS !!!
Thanks given by:
Ah so it was probably you I saw at the peugeot garage in aldershot? Cars looking good now, it was a bit rough round the edges when I saw it but that was a fair while ago
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 08:25 AM)mattsrallye Wrote: Ah so it was probably you I saw at the peugeot garage in aldershot? Cars looking good now, it was a bit rough round the edges when I saw it but that was a fair while ago

Depends when you saw it I guess haha, more than likely yeah mate.
Yeah it's far from perfect but it's not going to be because then I won't drive it how it should be driven Tongue
Thanks given by:
Just watched your videos on YouTube, cracking stuff Smile
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2015, 10:15 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Just watched your videos on YouTube,  cracking stuff Smile

Thanks mate Smile was great fun, that was my first track day so was pretty happy with it! Itching to get back out there :p
Thanks given by:
Are you on track at FCS? I can't imagine why your oil temperature is so high. Assuming you were doing 10 - 20 minute stints then pitting, you should have been fine. I belted my rallye everywhere without an oil cooler.

Be sure to buy one with a thermostatic sandwich plate, as most of the time your oil woukd just be too cold with an open cooler!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: RowanHarrison77
Won't be on track at FCS unfortunately, literally after a few laps on track the temp was right up, unsure why but with the new engine I'll be fitting a cooler with the thermostatic plate like you said, hopefully fixes the problem.
What oil do you guys use in your gti6 engines?
Thanks given by:
On my road cars i use Peugeot oil, it's fine and not expensive. For a car spending a lot of time on track i was advised to use a decent brand fully synth 10w50 oil to deal with the frequently higher temperature.

For a standard gearbox, most people recommend standard Pug.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
hello,
nice to meet
fantastic photos
Thanks given by:
hello
nice car
Thanks given by:
Hi mate how it's going Smile

Nice to see you on here and at fcs shame your not on track .
I run a 16 row cooler and themo plate and it's saved me more times than I care to remmber,the temps have gone from 140 to 95 on track.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Hi guys, Sam you would recommend a 16 row yeah? Sounds good I need to get one fitted before anymore track time.
New engine is all in and running sweet, nice to have a engine bay I can show people now looks much better Smile looking forward to FCS!
You going to be there Sam?

[attachment=23567]
New engine  Rofl big thanks to colin Stewart for sorting me out with a decent engine!
Thanks given by:
Shure am mate

You they the whole weekend ? Yeah say 16 is about right on a standard engine.
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2015, 12:44 PM)7057sam Wrote: Shure am mate

You they the whole weekend ? Yeah say 16 is about right on a standard engine.

I'm there just Saturday, 306oc stand. What stand you on?
Thanks given by:
Oc obviously lol
Thanks given by: