Injector Rattle Cause

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injector Rattle Cause
Hi all. Had a look around today as to what causes the injector rattle. I found this very interesting. Apparently it can also cause a higher injection quantity and pre injection that is too large causing more knock/rattle. Sounds like it could be causing a large spike of cylinder pressure in the affected cylinders as well by the looks of it.

Have a look at fly specs post about 2/3rd of the way down.
click here for the link. phone was playing up and wouldn't let me post it properly
Thanks given by:
there was a thread only a few days ago about this iirc.

It often sounds bad, but its quite normal and will likely drop at 3000rpm ish
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As stated in flyspecks post, it's been attributed to the wear of the solenoid needle. In extreme cases it can cause what you describe, but you'd know it if that was the case - poor mpg; running like a bag of shit, especially when cold; down on power; probably engine managent light for good old p0230 too.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yehh I saw it. It just didn't have the info in that was in the 406 post that the man found out by talking to a bosch employee.

It sounds like it could cause problems tbf what with it injecting much more fuel than it should at the pre injection point. Basically advancing the injection timing by however many degrees the pre-inject is.
Thanks given by:
Have a search on here mate, this has been covered in great detail a hundred times over.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My ones are the 044 ones. They are prone to this rattle aren't they?
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 07:44 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: My ones are the 044 ones. They are prone to this rattle aren't they?

Not particularly. If they're that bad, get a set of lower mileage compatible ones, there's plenty on eBay from 307's etc..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I did the ear on a screwdriver thing today. The left two are noticeably more clack than the right two haha.
Thanks given by:
Before you spend near to 100 quid for a set check out my project thread. I purchased some 076 injectors against good advice on here and it did nothing to help the tapping just left me with a lighter wallet.

I am finding 2 stroke in the diesel is helping alot to keep it quieter.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as above, i shouldn't bother throwing money at it as you're unlikely to be satisfied with the result. I had some reconditioned (or possibly refurbished, i always get corrected - basically properly rebuilt) injectors from dieselbob that cleared most of the noise, but i fitted them to try and fix some fuelling problems i had, not for the noise.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jingle Jangle rattle noise? tigerstyle 9 2,098 06-06-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Rattle on lift off? JTaylor2005 9 1,856 01-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  The real cause of injector rattle? JTaylor2005 136 32,749 27-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Paul_13