hard brake pedal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hard brake pedal
When I first start my car up the brake pedal is really hard but after a few minutes it how's back to normal...

Bit worrying and I'm not sure what the problem is. Car is really muddy ATM and has been stood in the rain over Xmas. Think might be something servo/mc related BT again I'm not sure...
Thanks given by:
Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Usually servo I think if its hard!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is the servo at the bottom of the engine bay?
Thanks given by:
Either vacuum pump or servo...

Does it go hard once running and normal if you stamp on the brake pedal a few times?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Check the condition of the 3" braided rubber hose that's between the vacuum pump and the servo Sean.....

I had a similar problem with mine and this was the issue. If it looks slightly flat in the middle change it.......mine looked like this after I cut the braiding back, two 30mm splits on opposite sides of the pipe. Any damage won't look obvious until you cut away the braiding.

[Image: Christmas2012014.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Turns out the split pipe ( although definitely not helping matters) wasn't the only problem.....

There's a one way valve that plugs into the servo that the vacuum line from the pump connects to........I'm 99% sure the original valve on mine was sometimes sticking so I changed it for a brand new one yesterday. You could feel it hesitate to open when blowing through it. The new one would open instantly. Finger's crossed this has finally sorted it out.

Part number for the valve is...
Bosch or Bendix servo 4599 15
Teves servo 4599 25

Bitch of a job to get your hand in there to do it when it's at the top of the servo on the left hand side underneath the MC!

Made a couple of phone calls to price a new servo up, just in case.....

My factors with trade discount £260+VAT

Peugeot dealer £76+VAT

WTF!!!!
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 11:56 AM)Ruan Wrote: Either vacuum pump or servo...

Does it go hard once running and normal if you stamp on the brake pedal a few times?

I'm always hard, until you stamp on it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Hard brake P-306 Fannpann 15 3,094 28-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Fannpann
  Hard Brake Pedal ct-hdi 5 1,319 04-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  solid brake pedal thebluepearl 8 2,388 02-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: jonas306