Emblem's £250 Bargain Booster

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emblem's £250 Bargain Booster
Hi all

I did say hello in the Newbie section. My name is Craig and from good ole Norfolk.

Was going to add a few more photos, but thought i would start a thread instead.

Bought this of my good friend after he was having a steering problem.. asked if i wanted it for £250 as he just bought a newer golf and i snapped it up. Didnt really need use of another car, but used to see them Digby brothers smoking about tin there's local to me and lt looked like fun, so thought why not Smile

I have given it a quick clean now, was like a farm yard inside.

Had to change the front hub hub and ball joint, drives spot on now. Needs engine and gearbox mount, where's best place for these?

Its running 25psi on a T2, big front mount and fuelling to match, no cat and straight through , goes pretty well... Feels pretty oldskool and raw compared to my 2010 Clio Turbo..

[attachment=22989]

[attachment=22990]

[attachment=22991]

The paint code is a weird one? Mko or something? is that common?

Needs lowering as well.

Thanks Craig
Thanks given by:
Looks like its on stilts lol nice though Smile neat pipework for IC as well Wink Looks diablo to me but that had a few shades/codes
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Love the front mount and good to see some more localish pugs Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 09:48 AM)highwayman306 Wrote: Looks like its on stilts lol nice though Smile neat pipework for IC as well Wink Looks diablo to me but that had a few shades/codes

Haha, i know....Silly High. Yeah intercooler is pretty big. Due to the size of the thing, i currently have no screenwash bottle, horn or cooling fans, Wink

(04-05-2015, 10:13 AM)7057sam Wrote: Love the front mount and good to see some more localish pugs Smile

Thank you, i see you not that far away so thats all good.
Thanks given by:
No screenwash or horn? How did it pass mot? Confused
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 10:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: No screenwash or horn?  How did it pass mot? Confused

Runs out on the 6th...

Dont worry.. i got a plan Wink
Thanks given by:
Nice car there :-) if you route the pipework like mine u can put the horn and bottle back in it looks the same size cooler as mine so could be done I have 2.25  piping any way just a thought for ya lol 

[attachment=22992][attachment=22993]

They are the original fans to just cut down to size to make room for cooler :-)
Thanks given by:
needs some lows and better rims/tyres!

bargain though!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 12:18 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Nice car there :-) if you route the pipework like mine u can put the horn and bottle back in it looks the same size cooler as mine so could be done I have 2.25  piping any way just a thought for ya lol 

WOW..... That is awesome... That remote turbo...........

Ill have a look thank, as i said mot is up on the 6th (wed).. Going to put it on the drive a few weeks and have a proper look at it.

Was also debating put the screenwash in the back, or a smaller bottle. Horn should not be a issue.

Thanks Craig
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 12:22 PM)Emblem Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 12:18 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Nice car there :-) if you route the pipework like mine u can put the horn and bottle back in it looks the same size cooler as mine so could be done I have 2.25  piping any way just a thought for ya lol 

WOW..... That is awesome... That remote turbo...........

Ill have a look thank, as i said mot is up on the 6th (wed).. Going to put it on the drive a few weeks and have a proper look at it.

Was also debating put the screenwash in the back, or a smaller bottle. Horn should not be a issue.

Thanks Craig

Ye lol lot of work but worth it its twin turbo there's a nother turbo down the back they are the original fans to just cut down to size to make room for the cooler lol if u want more info and pics just check out my thread there's a lot in there on the fitting of the cooler :-) I would put the original bottle and fans in thow if it were me BT up to you lol
Thanks given by:
Looks good and its a steal at that price. Its definitely diablo but which shade it is is questionable!
Thanks given by:
Where abouts in norfolk? live in fakenham and spend most my days up norwich
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2015, 04:30 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Where abouts in norfolk? live in fakenham and spend most my days up norwich

Good old Great Yarmouth.

Do go to Norwich here and there for work.

Work in lowestoft most of the time.
Thanks given by:
Sometimes down sunday nights for the chav fest lol

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 08:14 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Sometimes down sunday nights for the chav fest lol

Most weeks I go, more of a social thing. Normally in my Clio Smile

[attachment=23055]

You do get a few chavs down there tho.

Took the D'turbo last week, smoke sceen ftw.
Thanks given by:
[Image: e8c03af8de017bc1455f4b1fff63b61f.jpg]
Usually about. May see you tommorow night lol

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by: Emblem
Ah a Yarmouth bey.

I'm from between Dereham and Swaffham.

Welcome to the shitfest.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 08:30 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Usually about. May see you tommorow night lol

Yeah maybe, Come say hi if you see me.

I did see a phase one 5 door dt in blue lowered on the ground up there last week.
Looked nice
(09-05-2015, 08:31 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Ah a Yarmouth bey.

I'm from between Dereham and Swaffham.

Welcome to the shitfest.

Cheers buddy. Glad to part of the french crap... Wink
Thanks given by:
So Mot ran out last week.. I want it back on the road smoking out the local hooligans.

Now i have replaced the worn hub and ball joint on the offside. However it seems there is tiny little bit of play somewhere? It does sometimes drive all over the place, then one min it feels fine? I dont want to be chasing my tail replacing everything, so suggestions?

Also the tracking is out a bit, would this just be the cause?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Craig
Thanks given by:
Is the right size of balljoint made this mistake Myself one night wen rushing on my car was all over the place wen hitting bump lol maybe worth a look BT then u r not as stupid :-)
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2015, 10:46 AM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Is the right size of balljoint made this mistake Myself one night wen rushing on my car was all over the place wen hitting bump lol maybe worth a look BT then u r not as stupid :-)

I know what your saying, but no its a 18mm one in the new hub. It fits all good so know its not that.

But i can be as stupid Wink

Thanks Craig
Thanks given by: