Raiden's 306 HDi D Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiden's 306 HDi D Turbo
The standard omp lower brace fouls the roll restrictor under load if it's not in good condition, a new or solid roll restrictor will fix that though. Although, as above, if you're going fmic it'll be in the way of pipework.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: Raiden_Ryo
Thanks for all your help guys.

Had some bad news today, put car in at the local garage to have full diagnostics done, to try and find out as much info as I could on the car, not been to the garage yet as they close at half 5, however spoke to them on phone and after checking the small oil leak on the turbo manifolf just behind the engine they believe the turbo is leakong oil, on top of that a few codes came up on the engine side of things.

So feeling abit down and worrying on how to move forward with this, as I love my car, but having only paid £400 for it and it having 205000 miles, im feelong abit concerned with spending money on fixing the turbo issue as ive heard that when the car starts going wrong then its one thing after the other Sad
Thanks given by:
Its on 205,000 miles, what do you expect? Theres going to be issues with any car at that mileage! Smile 
The turbo has done well to go over the 200k mark
Depends whether or not you think its worth the investment in a turbo change
Id had mine changed and have done 5000 mile without any bother
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 05:37 PM)MY95 Wrote: Its on 205,000 miles, what do you expect? Theres going to be issues with any car at that mileage! Smile 
The turbo has done well to go over the 200k mark
Depends whether or not you think its worth the investment in a turbo change
Id had mine changed and have done 5000 mile without any bother

No, I never expected it to be in superb condition, I just hoped it would last me longer then 1 month, so that would have time to save some money to get things fixed.

how much did you pay for your turbo and having it fitted if you dont mind me asking bud?
Thanks given by:
Not many 306s that you buy wont have problems in the first month, especially at over 200k miles! 
Paid £40 for a turbo that had done 63k off a Picasso HDI 90
Then labour was £150 as many things snapped off and got in the way etc etc
Love my 306 so it was well worth it for me, worth keeping on the road the nice 306's are Smile
Thanks given by: Raiden_Ryo
(06-05-2015, 06:37 PM)MY95 Wrote: Not many 306s that you buy wont have problems in the first month, especially at over 200k miles! 
Paid £40 for a turbo that had done 63k off a Picasso HDI 90
Then labour was £150 as many things snapped off and got in the way etc etc
Love my 306 so it was well worth it for me, worth keeping on the road the nice 306's are Smile

I guess its not as horrendously expensive as I initially thought....But yea, will have to consider and see how it goes Smile

Thank you for your help mate Smile
Thanks given by:
No worries, inbox me if you need any help Smile happy to give advice where I can Smile 
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 07:21 PM)MY95 Wrote: No worries, inbox me if you need any help Smile happy to give advice where I can Smile 

Not allowed to inbox yet lol.. not reached 100 posts lol.

however, quick question for you, what turbo fits the 306, is it the K04? and any suggestions on the best place to look for a turbo?
Thanks given by:
Right Ryo, just seen this on another guys thread Wink you might be interested:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/25/...9ee84c.jpg

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...020&page=7

Dr_Jekyll might be able to help you out with keeping a brace and FMIC route Big Grin As you might see from the pic, his pipe fits nicely under his brace. Have a read, its a good thread Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by: