ash23's project lucy :) (pic heavy)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ash23's project lucy :) (pic heavy)
Looking very good ash, you got phase 3 bump strips now??

Thanks given by:
cheers chris and yeah i got them already on the new doors and wings Big Grin got a nice set for sale now to would look nice on a moonstone hdi Wink
Thanks given by:
Is looking really nice pal! Morrettes look sweet... Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I still want some bump strips mate but saveing for clutch for mine at min Sad

Thanks given by:
ash go orange wheels now
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2012, 10:33 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Is looking really nice pal! Morrettes look sweet... Big Grin

thanks alee you need a nice set Big Grin

not alot is happening atm just working 24/7 Sad

but spillage was up yeaterday so i kinda pinched his style under the bonnet Smile

[Image: 2012-10-28113503.jpg]
[Image: 2012-10-28113519.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks nice that, good idea! Don't need Morettes, just want... Staying black mask I think, might tint the lenses a bit too, be a bit different! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
thanks alee i love the morettes dont think id get rid nowBig Grin

ilittle up date i started the week with having my days swaped around so the engine change planned for two weeks time had to be done this weekend so lots of last minute parts was ordered land running around makeing sure i had all i needed to compleate the task.

anyway ill let the piks do the talking Smile

nice and early sat morning

[Image: 2012-11-03080945.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0022.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0023.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0024.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0025.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0026.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0030.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0031.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0033.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0036.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0038.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0040.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0041.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0042.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0044.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0046.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0048.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0051.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0054.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0056.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0059.jpg]

and that was how it finnished sat night

more ipiks to come later once spillage has uploaded themSmile

big thanks to ash (spillage) for all the help over the weekend really appreiate it :thumbsup:
Thanks given by:
Nice job there mate, engine looks nice! Until it gets covered in oil lol
Thanks given by:
yeah dereading that when it needs a clean Big Grin

day 2

more piks and a vid

[Image: DSCF0060.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0062.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0063.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0067.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0068.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0071.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0070.jpg]

decided against useng the k14 down pipe flange so made this should flow better Smile
[Image: 2012-11-04152156.jpg]
vid
[Image: th_DSCF0072.jpg]

have had a few issues with oil returns and little stuff that has taken time to sort
and a little issue with the pump but a quick call to dave and some good advice later left it running and it was sorted Big Grin for now... still need a few bits sorting but im in no rush to do it and will take my timeBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Looking awsome mate! Well done!!

A nice tidy engine bay and a practically new engine! What's this one gonna be running PSi/BHP wise??
Thanks given by:
ashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YOU FOR GOT A VID ILLL PUT IT UP NOW FOR YOU LOL

lol

[Image: th_MyMoviettt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking good dude Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cheers kyle Smile
Thanks given by:
Wow, so much shiny going on there, looks great!
Thanks given by:
Loving this mate, alot of time and effort gone into this! Glad you've got the pump sorted, thought it would be a result of it being stood for a while - hopefully see you wednesday for some pump fettling!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks great mate was looking epic in the garage when i popped up, glad its all come together and cant wait to see what the rollers say
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
look's sweeeeet mate.black and blue are my favourite colours just a bitch to keep clean.look's quality under your hood aswell.
Thanks given by:
Looking really good, bet it will go well when you have finshed! Keep up the good work

Thanks given by:
Try get it to a drivable state for wednesday mate, get some proper tuning/tweaking done then Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thanks for the comments guys Big Grin

dave it should be lol rain has stopped play atm but only need to refit body panels and find a switched live for the stop . other thn that there is a oil leak needs sorting but ill do that when the oil gets dropped tomorrow. Smile
Thanks given by:
right some may or may not know ive been having some head gasket problems after 30 miles on the new motor Sad which happend last thursday friday well after getting really depressed about it and very nearly pulling the motor out and scraping the car (came very close at one point) i came to my sences thought fook it get her fixed mainly because it hauled so much ass when it was on blow and i loved it lol Smile so afew phone calls to dave it was decided to pull the head off and do the gasket....

so mauch thanks to dave for all the help the past week and especialy tonight .

whats wrong here?

[Image: 2012-11-15170321.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-15171204.jpg]

yep thats right dropped three pre cups :/

luckly id orderd another recon head just in case

[Image: 2012-11-15180530.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-15183319.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-15183336.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-15184623.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-15194529.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-15204942.jpg]

only some easy small jobs till shes back Smile

BIG thanks to dave top man for all the help and work Smile
Thanks given by:
a new mod to make it faster ash teckin them out lol
Thanks given by:
Defo dont get rid of it after all that work ive been very close with my car still feel the same some times but i will get there eventually, glad you nearly got back up and running agin, if you ever need a hand let me now will help you out .

Thanks given by:
so the new head didnt fix it Sad finnished it of the next morning and bleed the system and ran for a while and top hose rock hard i was not a happy bunny infact so unhappy with it a went and brought a 206 hdi Big Grin .. i now need your help/sugestions to get the xud back boosting again Smile it had a full recon head head bolts,gaskets the lot but still pressurising any one had this before? i will be pulling the head off again to inspect the block/head. anyone ever come acros a xud crack ablock?

thanks ash Big Grin
Thanks given by:
gutted mate. my sister's dt block cracked over winter once, no antifreeze ftl.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 10:19 PM)samass Wrote: gutted mate. my sister's dt block cracked over winter once, no antifreeze ftl.

the thing is that this has allways had antifreeze in so it wouldnt have froze and cracked and its never over heated just goes to 90 and drops back to 80 like it should.
can you remember the symptoms with your sis dt? or way it obvious ?

thanks ash
Thanks given by:
just kept overheating and pressurizing coolant i think, cant really remember, it was a couple of years ago, didnt know much about cars back then lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
sorry to hear about your engine, just read through your project and hats off to your engine detailing, looks awesome with the polished and painted bosch pump, think i might have to do the same on my engine after seeing this Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
You 1000000000% you bled it correctly and all the air was out?

If I were you, I'd run it with the fans on, rad cap off for 30 mins, see what happens... Watch for bubbles in the expansion tank...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down 3dr d-turbo project pic heavy jonny1.6 76 17,063 04-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Last Post: jonny1.6
  Ph2 d turbo project. Pretty pic heavy nath_ski 5 2,441 21-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe