Mr Whippy.... Is he still doing remaps?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Whippy.... Is he still doing remaps?
I am trying to decide whether to go with a long drive to Manchester to see jammapic or Leeds to Mr.Whippy but I can't seem to find any contact info and the website has gone. Anyone know what's what?
Thanks given by:
Mr whippy has pretty much disappeared, even people who have managed to get a response out of him have often given up and gone elsewhere.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Really! Guess the decision has been made for me lol. Cheers mate.
Thanks given by:
Highly recommend Jammapic 's remaps
Thanks given by:
Or there is Pro Steve.
Thanks given by:
He's very busy at the moment so id advise either Jammapic or Pro steve Smile 
Thanks given by:
I think I'll have to go with Jammapic then. Pro Steve is a while away I think.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to kinda steal the thread, but does anyone have any contact information for both Jammapic and Pro Steve? Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks given by:
info from their own websites

Jammapic
Dervtech
07817 501610
http://www.dervtech.com/

Pro-steve
HDI Tuning Ltd
075321 62553
http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/

Whippy Gowhippy

http://www.gowhippy.com/

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I spoke to whippy (dave) last week, he still lives but is very busy Wink have patience

TD163: you could go to SPtuning...??? Unit 6A Sapcote Road Ind Est, Sapcote Rd, Burbage, Hinckley, Leicestershire LE10 2AU

But the main men have been mentioned, i got a SP map and 120bhp with 208ftlb torque, not to be sniffed at but the price was high compared to the main men Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys!!
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't recommend SP tuning, were a lot of horror stories about their maps back in the day. Well, i say horror stories, a lot of incidents with forum members who used their services and had problems or were unsatisfied with the results.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Really? my only qualms with sp tuning map was the price! I wouldn't have gone there for anything else as it is too far and was the closest of the remappers... Whippy said that SP used to concentrate on straight line power, i got a dyne test or three with the price but he was just mapping it Wink

got this, dunno if its any good?

[Image: 607d2c60-0ae4-41e9-8470-53348fcd41ba.jpg]

that was with standard airfilter, badly needing a service and standard exhaust Wink
Thanks given by:
Its not about the power, its about the way the file is modified to make the power. Two files can have the same top end hp but one could be damaging to the engine/wasting fuel etc.
Thanks given by:
sound Smile Well Im not happy with the fuel consumption but that could be down to other stuffs Big Grin

EML is on and MAF has been unplugged lol put another MAF on today so ill see if its better after a run but Dave (whippy) has offered me a good price and discount Wink so i might go to him when i get some cash in
Thanks given by:
The power curve looks alright if a bit low, but like hdipower says, it only tells a part of the story. A good maf will make a world of difference to your mpg, or at least it should if there aren't other problems.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The reason the power is low is because they miss some of the important maps, I've got one of their maps and I took a look through it.

Basically they aren't getting the fuel flow, so instead they tweak the injector calibrations. This results in a late injection which is smokier and gives higher EGTs.
Also there are no other tweaks made in the map to optimise power via injection advances or fuel pressure tweaks, this is also why economy is no better or worse than the standard map.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Sound steve Wink I'm looking at having a remap when money is better. I need mpg and power lol so pootling around is not juicy but when I'm pushing her i notice the power...are you with me? reading doesn't make sense...its early lol Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yes,that's exactly what I do, you can have both economy and more power in the same remap, because you're only getting more power when you ask for it. Under normal driving conditions it's a tiny bit better coupled with more low down torque so you can use a higher gear and less engine revs and save some fuel.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Sounds like exactly what i want Big Grin £67.50 is the quote i have, is that how much you do yours from?

Also I'm considering FMIC...so i should probably wait, been waiting too long really though lol

what would your views be on that, do fmic with stage two or just stick with your stage one? Again, baring fuel consumption and fun in mind.
Thanks given by:
I had an SP tuning remap on mine before the ECU played up. So i got an unlocked ecu from Pro-Steve with his 125 stage one map on and the difference between the two was night and day, made the SP one feel like a standard car. My mate had his VW T4 done by SP as well and he wasn't that impressed.
Thanks given by:
I can't do it that cheap, but I am offering £25 off for 306 members for the online service. That makes it £75 (stage 1 remaps only).

Well the stage 2 is great fun, but you're probably going to waste more fuel if you like to get on to boost and make the tyres spin each time you drive it, depends on how you drive and how sensible you are...
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap remaps sherman306 1 914 03-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Anyone on here doing remaps? tuttyboy84 11 1,865 13-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Remaps Chris HDI 6 1,415 28-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Chris HDI