Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
I'm interested fella
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago. Love seeing the progess..So far i only do running and rowing and i've lost 3/4 of a stone in those 3 weeks!

started at 17st now 16.3!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Id be interested cj, wouldn't mind seeing what could be done in 11 weeks when the effort is put in
Thanks given by:
Sweet il post the diet im sticking to with examples of what i eat and the day program so if anyone wants to try the diet they can do

This was 2 weeks ago before started diet properly
[Image: IMG00071-20120616-1340.jpg]

and this took yesterday after losing 8 lbs in a week
[Image: 20120708_225327.jpg]

Still keeping the training pretty much the same staying heavy to keep as much size as poss but mainly tricking the body with protien/carb/fat level intake on different days have it all written at home so will post soon

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The panda is cool lol 8lbs in a week is good going!
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 11:12 AM)Bananalad Wrote: The panda is cool lol 8lbs in a week is good going!

Banksy Panda Smile tried finding a tattoo thread on this site but cant got load tatts haha

Need to lose roughly another 14-16lbs in 11 weeks Smile

CJ
Thanks given by:
There's a tattoo thread on the photos of people / cars section
Thanks given by:
Whats the progress like cj? Any chance of posting up your diet? Im sticking to mine well enough
Thanks given by:
Anyone taking any good prework outs?
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2012, 02:38 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Whats the progress like cj? Any chance of posting up your diet? Im sticking to mine well enough

Hi matey ive kind of stopped the strict diet as not entering the competition as was losing my mind witht the hardcore training i do and how often i did it and the short deadline and i feel tiny atm and want to get massive before i contemplate entering a comp lol

Ive klost over a stone and a half in 4 weeks and 6 inches of my waist and kinda maintained it everywhere else.

My diet looked like this

you can eat anything you like as long as you stick within these daily parameters
and dont eat carbs after 3pm you can get away with 5-7g carbs with tea ie veg or salad

Days 1-3

Protein 250g
Carbs 150g
Fats 75g
No more than 1000 kals

Day 4

Protein 250g
Carbs 250g
Fats 65g
No more than 1000 kals

Days 5-7

Protein 250g
Carbs 50g
Fats 100g
No more than 1000 kals

Day 8

Treat day eat whatever you want

its a ballache measuring and counting everythin out but well worth it the results were amazing but i just dont feel myself at 14.5st

I am back on a bulking programme and want to hit about 18st and then drop to 17 lean Smile

Dont bother with all these pre workout suppliments they are a load of shite and if you want to lose weight they hold a lot of water with the creatine levels

Get som Beta Alanine from my protein take 2 full teaspoons twice a day and see how you feel after 2 weeks of use as u will feel it kick in after taking it but the results after 2 weeks i can get about 4-6 extra reps per set Smile

CJ
Thanks given by:
Repped for that cj some really helpful information there!

I know what you mean about the bulking up and then cutting down but im real impatient and want a six pack lol I know it takes time but ive been going 5 days a week for 4 months and just want to loose that last bit of fat first then start bulking lol
Thanks given by:
High fibre diet - loose weight the sitting down way
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Well Sunday decided I need to join a gym as I'm way too fat Smile. Then come today when going to the gym I also decided for a bit of motivation I shall buy my next couple of months in advanced. Smile. Hoping to loose as much as possible in next couple of months but then just stick to the gym sessions.

When I'm at the gym I noticed taking it steady my heart rate is reach 175.
So I'm going to doctors to get a health examination and maybe they'll help me out a little.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 06:06 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Repped for that cj some really helpful information there!

I know what you mean about the bulking up and then cutting down but im real impatient and want a six pack lol I know it takes time but ive been going 5 days a week for 4 months and just want to loose that last bit of fat first then start bulking lol

Cheers pal if you divide them figures by how many meals per day you will find it a lot easier to work out Smile glad i could help keep it up pal

I have dropped under a 50" chest and not happy so want to try and get around a 60" chest by christmas Smile

(14-08-2012, 09:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Well Sunday decided I need to join a gym as I'm way too fat Smile. Then come today when going to the gym I also decided for a bit of motivation I shall buy my next couple of months in advanced. Smile. Hoping to loose as much as possible in next couple of months but then just stick to the gym sessions.

When I'm at the gym I noticed taking it steady my heart rate is reach 175.
So I'm going to doctors to get a health examination and maybe they'll help me out a little.

if you want to lose weight try that diet ive put up you can eat anything really key things to look for are carbs in any diet fruit is a no go as high carbs but meat and veg and salad no carbs and if you can work out a good balance with the figures ive put up you will do well my mate charges a fortune for diet info and theres one free so use it and get some cracking results

Happy training and remember stick to it pal only you can make the change Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers cj. I weighed my self today at the gym and was very surprised. I was expecting around 20st. But I was 22.13 :/. I've spent 3 years working in a takeaway eating shit up to 5 days a week. But I've now have another job it's not very active but it doesn't involve food. I still do takeaways but just 2 days a week and I've still been eating take away as I'm going from 1 job to another so I'm eating nothing all say till I eat at the take away which I know is much worse.
I'm also very addicted to milk, I drink a minimum of 4 pints of full fat milk a day. I've found that my body is addicted to vitimin d so I'm going to try tablets for that to cut the milk down.

Cj got any workout tips for loosing weight? Im currently just doing cardio. Bike, cross training, rowing, and a quick walk on treadmill as I shut my self incase I fall off :p.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 10:44 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Cheers cj. I weighed my self today at the gym and was very surprised. I was expecting around 20st. But I was 22.13 :/. I've spent 3 years working in a takeaway eating shit up to 5 days a week. But I've now have another job it's not very active but it doesn't involve food. I still do takeaways but just 2 days a week and I've still been eating take away as I'm going from 1 job to another so I'm eating nothing all say till I eat at the take away which I know is much worse.
I'm also very addicted to milk, I drink a minimum of 4 pints of full fat milk a day. I've found that my body is addicted to vitimin d so I'm going to try tablets for that to cut the milk down.

Cj got any workout tips for loosing weight? Im currently just doing cardio. Bike, cross training, rowing, and a quick walk on treadmill as I shut my self incase I fall off :p.

Cut the milk out completely like you said vitamin d and multi vits should replace that

Basically the diet is 85-90% of it all just dont eat any carbs after 3 so just eat meat,healthy not takeaway meat and veg or salad after 3

as long as you can cut carbs out after 3 have a breakfast most important meal of the day kickstarts your metabolism even if uits just cereal or scrambled egg whites with 1 or 2 yolks in

and as for training low resistance burns fat cardio gets your stamina performance up, 2 different things

cycling at 60-65rpm no resistance for an hour a time

or fast walk 3mph on slight up hill gradient on treadmill are the best i find

and stick to it it takes weeks to notice a difference but people usually giv up before noticing results stickl it out for a few months and yoyu wont look back

CJ Smile
Thanks given by:
Hey been told about shakes to help with dieting.
Been recomenned this http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/...549019.htm

Any know if these are ok and actually work? Person who told me about it is as thick as a plank.
Btw I lost half a stone in 5 days whoop!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 06:08 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Hey been told about shakes to help with dieting.
Been recomenned this http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/...549019.htm

Any know if these are ok and actually work? Person who told me about it is as thick as a plank.
Btw I lost half a stone in 5 days whoop!

noooo dont buy any of that shite 32 quid for 1.2kg :S id just get a impact whey protien off my protien about 15quid for 1kg and not in a tub so u get the true weight

L cartanine and thermobol tabs are good for losing weight off my protien but if u have lost that u dont really need them get tht protien i said just to get ur protien levels up to maintain muscle while your losing weight but stick to whatever your doing and keep it up Smile you may find u get days like after treat day where you may put some back on but then a few days later u lose loads, thats what i found cos tht diet i put up tricks your body Smile

Best weighing once a week rather than everyday Smile
Keep it up pal!!

CJ
Thanks given by:
If you do want to lose weight and want some assistance i personal found thermobol did nothing for me

but Grenades worked a treat, on other hand i have a mate who was other way round so all depends how your body reacts also

make sure you read the nutrition and order the right one..i ended up ordering something that has more carbs than protein so ive noticed ive slowly put on a bit of weight as well as muscle lol
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 06:13 PM)ben87 Wrote: If you do want to lose weight and want some assistance i personal found thermobol did nothing for me

but Grenades worked a treat, on other hand i have a mate who was other way round so all depends how your body reacts also

make sure you read the nutrition and order the right one..i ended up ordering something that has more carbs than protein so ive noticed ive slowly put on a bit of weight as well as muscle lol

Extremely good point there, always check nutritional info as you want low low carb protiens etc, thermabol dont seem to work for me they work by raising body temperature, ive used clenbuterol (wont find in shops) and T6's as not like t5s which are basically whizz an efridin (cant spell)

I found L Cartinine and tribulus terrestris to be good to help strip the tribulus help muscle maintenance whilse losing fat also
Thanks given by:
Bump!

I'm feeling a little lazy at the moment and feel like I need to get out and start doing some more exercise and keep myself motivated. I'm exercising at least once a week playing football for a couple of hours and then occasionally doing other things at the weekend like cycling or walking (fairly long walks, not just to the shops lol ). I'm trying to get myself back into climbing (any of you Londoners reading this that want to go - give me a shout!) but I'm wondering if you guys have any tips on what exercises I might be able to do from home, as I'm not particularly keen on joining a gym in all honesty. I know that's probably the best place to go due to having everything available but I've got a lot of outgoings at the moment so don't want to add a gym membership on top of that.

For what it's worth I'm also browsing /r/Fitness for a few ideas on dumbbell workouts but I know they're not ideal, and they're not exactly doing to be helpful for working out my lower-body.
Thanks given by:
Insanity or something like that in going to start it next month looks ok
Thanks given by:
haha funny you pipe up with this scott because i went back to the gym for the first time in years this eve and will be joining up for the summer! Also scott, there is a indoor climbing place up by the tolworth roundabout if you want to come down some time?

http://www.whitespiderclimbing.com/about...o-find-us/
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Is that up and about now then? I'd be up for a weekly thing of it going there, maybe alternating one week there and then another at my local place if you want? At least it's open til 10 so I don't need to worry about rushing home from work too much.

Edit: That's nearly twice as much as Brunel sadly, but I'd still be up for going there occasionally Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 08:00 PM)Scott Wrote: Is that up and about now then? I'd be up for a weekly thing of it going there, maybe alternating one week there and then another at my local place if you want? At least it's open til 10 so I don't need to worry about rushing home from work too much.

Edit: That's nearly twice as much as Brunel sadly, but I'd still be up for going there occasionally Smile

Yeah its been open for a while! I thought it was that new place they are building but its round the corner. I might go in a few weeks if you want to come along? And yeah im up for alternating them. Ill whatsapp you babes x
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just been gym today, ended up chucking in the toilets haha! Does that mean I overdone it?
Done 25 mins rowing, then arms and legs and abs, 4 sets of 8 on each, another 20 cycling and then 4 lengths in the pool.
Thinking the pools water pressure may have done something?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I'm also trying to get a bit healthier. Mainly becuase I'm fed up of feeling like absolute shit all the time and it can't ALL be related to my other issues.

But the problem is I have no idea what I'm trying to do lol. I'm not fussed about weight, but I cant lose anymore lol, I do want more strength and stamina though. As well as not feeling tired/lethargic/fuzzy/lightheaded/sick all the time. I wont be going to a gym, I would if I was the only one there....but I just know it'd be full of CJ's haha... lol

So I've started with the diet -

Changed white bread for 50/50 or wholemeal
Changed pasta for brown pasta
Have breakfast biscuits with toast in the morning...but I havent seen the 4 hours of energy they're supposed to give lol!
Trying to reduce sugar intake - was noticing if I had a lot of sugar (two cupcakes or two cookies for example) I was getting bad effects the day after. So I changed cakes/biscuits for healthier options like oat+honey bars etc...even alpen light bars as they were on offer this week, look like a right woofter buying alpen light bars, breakfast biscuits and 50/50 bread though. lmao

Also making sure I have veg everyday, even if its just a handful of sweetcorn or whatever.

I only drink water/squash (no added sugar one) so cant really change anything there.

I've gotta say, something I've done has, erm, 'firmed up' (sorry), however the frequency and urgency still remain which 'could' be due to stress still - its very noticeable when I have to do something I'm anxious about. BUT, I still feel just as bad in my head, possibly worse infact, with the headfuzz and inability to concentrate etc, plus my guts are still constantly on the move. And I have pretty much no stamina at all. I cut Nans grass yesterday (20 mins work) and had to sit down after for 15 mins before doing anything else as I felt awful and didnt even have the strength to lift the mower at that point. And thats what really annoys me tbh, I should be able to do things for longer than my Nan!

Also I tried gluten free for a week, felt even worse! I think its because they seem to just fill the GF stuff with sugar to overcome the fact it doesn't taste that great. Anyway, gave up on the GF idea.

As for excersize, although it seems like Im on here a lot, I do spend a lot of time 'working' outside, whether thats on the cars, sorting the garage/storgae unit, gardening etc and I'd say I probably do get quite a bit of excersize through a week. Although obviously I spend alot of time sitting in the car as well lol.

So, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong/right or what I should try next? Smile
Thanks given by:
Good call changing to the less sugary or starchy foods (white pasta, rice and bread). As for the GF diet, it's a little annoying but it can take more than a week to feel the benefits from it. I know this as if Coeliacs have gluten it can take longer than a week for them to feel back to normal again. Do you eat sandwiches as your 'go-to' snack? A lot of the GF bread isn't great and it's quite expensive considering how much you get, but certain brands are better than others (I believe Kim may have mentioned those to you?). As you say though, some of it can be quite high in sugar, but from what I've found a lot of food which isn't specifically marked as gluten-free is actually free-from anyway, but they're "made in a factory that handles wheat" or something of the sort, so they can't advertise it as such. I find that meals with brown rice, chicken and things like peppers, tomato, spinach and occasionally something like honey, maple or pesto really add to the flavour. When I say maple, I don't mean the cheap maple syrup which is made just from sugar, I mean proper Canadian maple syrup which is organic, though it is high in natural sugars.

I don't really want to go to a gym, so I've been browsing reddit and found the following thread which I'm going to be following in the short term: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments...l_stopgap/

I've done this tonight and will be following the schedule alongside things like football or climbing, I'll post results/thoughts on it over the next couple of weeks Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 09:11 PM)Scott Wrote: Good call changing to the less sugary or starchy foods (white pasta, rice and bread). As for the GF diet, it's a little annoying but it can take more than a week to feel the benefits from it. I know this as if Coeliacs have gluten it can take longer than a week for them to feel back to normal again. Do you eat sandwiches as your 'go-to' snack? A lot of the GF bread isn't great and it's quite expensive considering how much you get, but certain brands are better than others (I believe Kim may have mentioned those to you?). As you say though, some of it can be quite high in sugar, but from what I've found a lot of food which isn't specifically marked as gluten-free is actually free-from anyway, but they're "made in a factory that handles wheat" or something of the sort, so they can't advertise it as such. I find that meals with brown rice, chicken and things like peppers, tomato, spinach and occasionally something like honey, maple or pesto really add to the flavour. When I say maple, I don't mean the cheap maple syrup which is made just from sugar, I mean proper Canadian maple syrup which is organic, though it is high in natural sugars.

I don't really want to go to a gym, so I've been browsing reddit and found the following thread which I'm going to be following in the short term: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments...l_stopgap/

I've done this tonight and will be following the schedule alongside things like football or climbing, I'll post results/thoughts on it over the next couple of weeks Smile

I do have sandwiches for tea usually, yes. Tried two types of GF bread, and also warburtons GF rolls and didn't like any of those - Im sure they made me feel worse anyway, guts churning all night until I could get rid... I couldn't get on with the texture at all though, was forcing it down tbh.

Then the other GF stuff like cakes/biscuits had a lot more sugar than the normal equivalent and tasted awful and made me feel ill. So after that I gave up on that idea. I know it may not have been long enough but I couldn't put up with eating that stuff forever tbh. I dunno how Kim does it!

As for flavour...I dont really like flavour lol, bland and boring suits me fine, its more texture for me, and that pastey kind of texture of the GF bread wasn't nice at all.

The only thing left for me to try cutting out now is dairy...as I have cheese most days tbh, either in a sandwhich or at dinner with chicken/cheese/ham or pasta/cheese/bacon etc.
Thanks given by:
Tom you will probably find that you will need to try loads of different diets before you find something that helps your guts issue. Slightly different but my mum was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis 4 years back. Although there is no cure, you can virtually eliminate it without needing steroids every day but every patient has a different thing that stops the flare ups. She spent about 2 years trying different diets and must of tried well over 40 until she found one that helped. I know most IBS sufferers have a similar thing. Each patient has a different thing that affects it so stick with it mate. Try it for a few weeks to get through your system. If it doesnt work or makes it worse, move on to another. Youll find something eventually!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: