The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
Just joined Monday, who else goes and what exercises and diets are you on etc Smile
Thanks given by:
Not the most helpful post in the world but its on topic-ish so il tell you anyway lol

I tried the gym about 2 years ago. Went with a friend of mine twice a week for about 3 months. We both did mostly 'body building' type of exercise, not as much on the cardio because its pretty boring lol My problem at the time was I couldnt drive so it was a PITA getting lifts there so often, but I decided to quit in the end and just make an effort to be generally more active in my lifestyle, walk to the shops that are 1 mile away, 5 mile + bike ride most weekends and bought myself a pull up bar which bolts to a door frame and some dumbells which I tried to use 3 or 4 times a week. Diet is fairly boring for me still but thats because of my twatting stomach, not as much fitness related. But I try and eat alot of generally healthy stuff, usually 6/7 portions of fruit/veg/salad every day, hardly any chocolate/sweets and a fair bit of bread/potato/meat. Seems to have worked well enough for me, I build muscle quite fast considering how little effort I put into it all lol
Thanks given by:
Depends what you want out of it - if you want to lose weight, reduce calorie intake and do cardio, if you want to build muscle eat carbs and protein and do weights. easy as! Wink
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Just joined Monday, who else goes and what exercises and diets are you on etc Smile

Roid up and pump iron 'till a vein pops!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I go to the gym on occasion, but similarly to grant, i do martial arts - im on 2 pills at the moment MSM, glucosamine & marine chondroitin combined & daily vits supplements.

I had a stage where i attempted to build off protein and whey powder - would recommend a beginners whey for starting off, then up the dosage and get some creatin? pills once you get building.

protein and creatine will only build you so much, and only useful for as much weight you're lifting - taking it wont build you up..

as said above, depends what you want.

i can highly recommend myprotein.com - http://www.myprotein.com/uk/?affil=mppp ... fAodUCQNNw - very cheap and decent stuff!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/

Good site for supplements and information, great service too.

Reflex whey is good stuff and cheap.

I like Jack3d as a pre-gym, lemon and lime FTW.
Thanks given by:
Good info ginge.
Just to add; if anyone is to think of using creatine, be wary of how much you take and how often. At the extreme end of the scale, if mis-used creatine can cause liver failure, and needs to be taken in accordance with liver stabilizer tablets if used on a regular basis

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I have a pretty intense regime, weight lifting for muscle building and sport for cardio 4-5 nights a week for about 3-4 hours* :banana-jumprope:

* by this I may actually mean going to the pub, lifting pints and playing pool Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Well, a more normal approach....

I go to the gym, and tbh, I'm very lazy! I do a couple of toning classes a week, and if I can be bothered I'll do cardio on the machines. I do a lot of walking around the building in my job, so I walk up and down the 3 flights of stairs and around the floors to add to this. If the weather is nice, I'll walk the 1/2 mile between my two buildings instead of getting the shuttle bus.

I'm on a strict diet anyway as I have a gluten intolerance (Coeliac), so try and eat healthy where I can. Basically, just add veg to everything!! I try and drink my 2 litres of water a day, and add a couple of cups of green tea. Not the nicest drink in the world, but it's recommended that you should have a cup before exercise, so I do Smile
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:and add a couple of cups of green tea. Not the nicest drink in the world, but it's recommended that you should have a cup before exercise, so I do Smile

Is that from the perspective that the caffeine gets your metabolism going? Or is there no caffeine in green tea? I personally don't touch the stuff so wouldn't know lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:I try and drink my 2 litres of water a day....

FYI 2L is too much, television said so..

he did a test, done exercise for 4 hours of the day, ate a 'balanced' diet and measured some how his water loss/gain and found that half of his water intake came from his food, so in theory, 1L is enough...

thought id throw it out there, nice to know we don't live in a nation of fatties though! WINNING!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I go a couple times a week to counter my excessive drinking! Lol.

Mostly 20 mins of cardio then weights for an hour 3or4 times a week, no real set routine, just to try keep in shape.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Steroids ftw..
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:
Kimmie Wrote:and add a couple of cups of green tea. Not the nicest drink in the world, but it's recommended that you should have a cup before exercise, so I do Smile

Is that from the perspective that the caffeine gets your metabolism going? Or is there no caffeine in green tea? I personally don't touch the stuff so wouldn't know lol

I'll have to dig out the article I read it in....can't remember now but I do it!

ginge191 Wrote:
Kimmie Wrote:I try and drink my 2 litres of water a day....

FYI 2L is too much, television said so..

See I've heard this before too, but the most common piece of advise is 2l, so that's what I go for. Although, lately it's been 1ltr at a push as I drink A LOT of tea. Have to say I feel better and my skin looks better when I do hit the 2!

This is a lazy week for me....no gym yet Confusedhh:
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
In theory, you shouldn't need to take supplements like creatine for normal training levels if you eat a balanced, healthy diet. Sure they help to some extent, but are defo not essential. No, diet is key! Followed by correct technique and training methods.

I've started cardio and weights again, need to get back in shape for start of hospital placements / the nurses next year else i wont fit in my fitted shirts! :|

I've lost half a stone in a few weeks by just cutting out all the junk food!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Just back there now lol

Going to start going 4-5 days a week for an hour and a half a day.. Ive someone showing me what to train each day and what technique to use Smile Starting on a diet he has drawn up too lol

Haad my first protein shake today too Smile Thanks for all the advice above ill have a look at them websites Smile
Thanks given by:
Never been to a gym in my life, but now do strength and conditioning stuff for gymnastics, put on half a stone so far (still weigh f*ck all though Tongue), we use all exercises without weights i.e. pull ups, press ups, v sits etc. etc.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:Never been to a gym in my life, but now do strength and conditioning stuff for gymnastics, put on half a stone so far (still weigh f*ck all though Tongue), we use all exercises without weights i.e. pull ups, press ups, v sits etc. etc.

Im 6ft and weigh 90 kilos.. I cant do many press ups or pull ups lol
Thanks given by:
Go boxing that will sort you out
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theres a boxing bag in the gym johnny id definitely be interested in it
Thanks given by:
I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 102 kilos.

Get on the weights
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Im flat out on the weights lol
Thanks given by:
What do you bench?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
There was a gym at school which we used once a week in pe....I hated it cos I have no stamina lol.

But, I do a hell of a lot of walking and manual labour in a day so hopefully that does something haha.

Also I'm on an eat-more, shit-less diet...it ain't as easy as it sounds. lol

I'm 6ft and weigh 55 kilos BTW.... :?
Thanks given by:
Anton Wrote:What do you bench?

I only started monday, i benched 60 kilos i think lol

Tuesday - Shoulders

Wednesday (today) - Back

Thursday (tomorrow) - Legs

I dont know whats planned for friday and im taking the weekend off
Thanks given by:
You must be like a pencil tom lol
Thanks given by:
You will be a lot better off doing lots of smaller weight reps than you will with big weights you struggle to lift
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:There was a gym at school which we used once a week in pe....I hated it cos I have no stamina lol.

But, I do a hell of a lot of walking and manual labour in a day so hopefully that does something haha.

Also I'm on an eat-more, shit-less diet...it ain't as easy as it sounds. lol

I'm 6ft and weigh 55 kilos BTW.... :?

Wtf.. tom I'm 5'10-11 and i weight 13 stone... that's like 4 more stone than you and you're taller :O Need to eat boy!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
GET HENCH OR DIE TRYING.
Thanks given by:
I did gym for 10weeks over summer a few years back. 3 times a week, whey protein etc. Put on a stone in muscle, but I reckon that was also in part to quitting smoking at around the same time, and all but stopping drinking too.

It felt awesome tbh, I felt way better just for the regular exercise. But I had the luxury of being at a mates house for the entire 10weeks, using his massive private gym in the pool house (I'm talking literally EVERY machine you can think of). I was pretty weedy when I started, and a big part of me starting was because no one else was there to watch my fail lol

Wish I'dkept it up,but I moved back down to uni after the summer and quickly took up drinking/smoking again and couldnt be bothered to pay for the gym.

Promised myself I'd sign back up this summer though, so we'll see.... lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by: