The gym thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gym thread
Thanks for that cj Smile Spent 60 quid on it lol
Thanks given by:
CJ_Derv Wrote:
Matt Wrote:
CJ_Derv Wrote:Yeah that should be ok form an all rounder, id take one in the morning and one straight after training. they have that one on offer buy 3 get 1 free and if you let me know when your ordering i can giv you a MP code to get extra 5% off lol

Do some research on cardio/ fat burning as they are 2 different things cardio isnt really for fat burning, low resistance training ie use bike in gym on resistance level 1 at no more than 60rpm for an hour and half is much better for burning fat but like i said previous 90% is the diet

I'm starting the gym on Wednesday, need to get rid of all this fat again, what would you say was best for loosing fat? I used to use the cross trainer at a Low resistance. But never stayed on it long as always wanted to just use the weights lol.

do what you used to but at least try and stay on for 45 mins and build it up. less resistance is much better than cardiovascular, as it burns the fat as opposed to making you fitter if that makes sense. or i find treadmill at 4.2mph on slight incline for an hour its like a fast walk

ive always loved this sayin.... keeps me goin....

the only time its too late to change yourself is when your dead! until then, your just making excuses or lying to yourself.

and another shut the fook up and train!! lol

gettin the motivation is the key get a mate with similar goals or make a friend in the gym to train with this helps soo much

Cheers mate, before I managed to drop 5 stone. But over the last year I've slowly krept 3 back on. Getting back in shape for summer. Hopefully gym 4 times a week for at least 1 1/2 hours. Need to write up a proper training schedule and stick to it. Otherwise I just do anything. Move onto the next machine and so on
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I was the same matt only for someone telling me what to do and having a diet plan i would never stick to it at all, i would also be all over the place in the gym
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, before I managed to drop 5 stone. But over the last year I've slowly krept 3 back on. Getting back in shape for summer. Hopefully gym 4 times a week for at least 1 1/2 hours. Need to write up a proper training schedule and stick to it. Otherwise I just do anything. Move onto the next machine and so on[/quote]

Yeah best way is to always know what your going to do when you go in. we have different schedules for different weeks, remember to mix it up every month or so as your body gets used to it we change every 2 week for shock treatment. a good intense training method i use a lot is FS7 - final super 7 set, so your last movement of your session do 7 sets of 12 on a reasonably lightish weigh and no more than 1min30 sec break inbetween. but if youve lost it before youll do it again if your determined once its off just dont stop going just dont go as often but if you keep it up youl do great
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Thanks for that cj Smile Spent 60 quid on it lol

No problem matey, i like to advise people the best i can because ive been doing it a fair while and have trained with a lot of different people from amatures to pro's in many different gyms and you cant have enough information about anything lol

Everyday is a learning curve im always picking things up everytime im in the gym watching others discreetly while resting and asking people, what does that do etc

and rule no1 dont cheat yourself as you wont achieve if its too heavy drop it to a weight you can just manage Smile
Thanks given by:
My protein arrived yesterday Smile Two shakes a day lol
Thanks given by:
I need someone to stand over me and make me work, I get tired so easily that I don't push myself. Unless I go to a toning class, but I find it so easy to make excuses! Tongue
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:I need someone to stand over me and make me work, I get tired so easily that I don't push myself. Unless I go to a toning class, but I find it so easy to make excuses! Tongue

I'm like that too Kim, need someone there to make me do it and to tell me what to do or I just won't do it! Danny is the one to push me, I'll just sit a munch ice cream if he doesn't!
Thanks given by:
Im like an army general in gym haha push my mate to the limits and he same, usually throwin up we work that hard but if you want the results only you can do it Smile
Thanks given by:
Im in a really pissed off mood so keeping my mind occupied as some fucker wrote my car off but heres some progress shots haha

[Image: 2012-03-14205030.jpg]

[Image: 2012-03-16182003.jpg]

[Image: 20120504_184708.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot_2012-04-27-10-06-36.png]

[Image: 2012-04-03184809.jpg]

and 30" thighs
[Image: 20120423_210202.jpg]

maybe a bit of a poser but not arsed haha,
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate!

Looking a bit border line roids in the first picture. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
It's people that are and muscley and as big as you that I find fun to annoy..

I've got a mate who likes body building like you, f'in massive! It's amusing to make him angry by flicking his ears and then running away teehee
Thanks given by:
I used to go to the gym just to keep fit (used to do a active job then changed to a much less active job) but it just bored the hell out of me.
In the end I took up a martial art and it's worked really well. It keeps the fat off and I am building up strength and muscle (anyone who's met me knows I'm built like a twig!)
Might start back at the gym soon with the intention of building muscle.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Roid free silverz Smile thats nowt im bigger now that was good 8 week ago lol

MrsMidnight try flick my ears Tongue hope your fast lol

Niall i have been traingin in gym for a while i used to do muay thai and was quite ripped but didnt like i didnt have much size its harder when your bigger to keep the speed and agility for the thai boxing i did , but i just prefere being able to fill L, XL tshirts IMO lol

It takes time you got to be comitted

My fav sayin

The only time its too late to change yourself, is when your dead. Until then, your just making excuses or lying to yourself!!

So True
Thanks given by:
CJ_Derv Wrote:i just prefere being able to fill L, XL tshirts IMO lol

I can already do that Tongue sometimes even XXL, depends where I shop lmao
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:
CJ_Derv Wrote:i just prefere being able to fill L, XL tshirts IMO lol

I can already do that Tongue sometimes even XXL, depends where I shop lmao

HAHA but not be tight from below the chest Tongue
Thanks given by:
Damn Sad haha
Thanks given by:
If you want to loss fat quick - do 40mins weights THEN an hour cardio(intense) after the weights your muscles are pumped and energy levels drained so the cardio burns off the fat quicker.....droped a stone in 2weeks from doing that 3 times a week.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you get my pm cj? Smile Like the arms lol
Thanks given by:
Quite a keen gym goer here. go 3 times a week pretty much solely lifting weights
Monday is chest and biceps which consists of:
flat barbell bench
incline dumbell bench
weighted dips
weighted chin ups
bicep curls

Wednesday legs and shoulders:
Squats
Leg press
Lunges
Seated dumbell shoulder press
Side lateral raises
Shrugs

Friday back and triceps
Weighted pull ups
Deadlifts
Bent over rows
Weighted dips
Close grip bench
Tricep push downs

Did my shoulder in around mid October and only just getting back into shape, was doing silly stuff like my bodyweight hanging off me when doing dips, 40KG pull ups etc.. No where near as strong after mearly 2 months off yet though. I'm only 70KG but was deadlifting 170KG, benching 100kg, Squating 130KG just gonna take time, or I could just get on the gear :lolz:
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Did you get my pm cj? Smile Like the arms lol

yup replied pal
Thanks given by:
SKoob Wrote:Quite a keen gym goer here. go 3 times a week pretty much solely lifting weights
Monday is chest and biceps which consists of:
flat barbell bench
incline dumbell bench
weighted dips
weighted chin ups
bicep curls

Wednesday legs and shoulders:
Squats
Leg press
Lunges
Seated dumbell shoulder press
Side lateral raises
Shrugs

Friday back and triceps
Weighted pull ups
Deadlifts
Bent over rows
Weighted dips
Close grip bench
Tricep push downs

Did my shoulder in around mid October and only just getting back into shape, was doing silly stuff like my bodyweight hanging off me when doing dips, 40KG pull ups etc.. No where near as strong after mearly 2 months off yet though. I'm only 70KG but was deadlifting 170KG, benching 100kg, Squating 130KG just gonna take time, or I could just get on the gear :lolz:

Not a bad training regieme id probably try doing 4/5 movement per muscle and finish each with a FS7 final super seven set, seven sets of 15 reps on a reasonable weight that you can manage 7 sets lol
Thanks given by:
Fook that, 7 sets of 15 reps, i'd be sick lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
ive been thinking about going to a gym. thinking of joining next week. im 5ft 8 - 5ft 9 weight just over 10stone mabe 11 stone. cant put weight on at all. sometimes get a podge lol but need abit going to my arms as they are just skinny compared to my chest, good for getting to small gaps when fixing the car though but found out i can get a discount at a certain gym (kents) i think aslong as i take my work I.D card. what would i need to eat properly just to build my top half up abit for when im at the gym Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Whats the super 7 set for cj? Ive done it a few times in the gym but never knew what it was for lol
Thanks given by:
I've gone from 105KG to 84KG in a year (21KG loss).

Just started my first ever "Clean Bulk" for "Lean Mass" today. Feel f***ed after my first session!!

Still a bit fat, but a good basis to build on..

[Image: scaled.php?server=191&filename=p1030880a...es=landing]

[Image: scaled.php?server=24&filename=p1030878h.jpg&res=landing]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I went from 80 kilos last year to about 90 lol Unfortunately it wasn't muscle! Sad Thats what started it all for me Smile
Thanks given by:
CJ_Derv Wrote:Roid free silverz Smile thats nowt im bigger now that was good 8 week ago lol

MrsMidnight try flick my ears Tongue hope your fast lol

Niall i have been traingin in gym for a while i used to do muay thai and was quite ripped but didnt like i didnt have much size its harder when your bigger to keep the speed and agility for the thai boxing i did , but i just prefere being able to fill L, XL tshirts IMO lol

It takes time you got to be comitted

My fav sayin

The only time its too late to change yourself, is when your dead. Until then, your just making excuses or lying to yourself!!

So True

LOL
Thanks given by:
Bananalad Wrote:Whats the super 7 set for cj? Ive done it a few times in the gym but never knew what it was for lol

Super 7 set, is to get the muscle your working 'super pumped' to get as much blood into the muscle once youve done it to help with repair and oxygen supply and then once youve finished and had protien/gainer straight after that last set helps absorbtion as the blood will be pumping through that muscle, as far as i know but feels awesome
Thanks given by:
Well dont know if anyones interested, but a bit of an update, ive been talked into entering my first bodybuidling competition in september, UKBFF sept 23 in leeds. Im unsure what weight class im entering but ive dropped from 15st4 to 14st10 in a week gettin ripped by the week.

I have 11 weeks to go till the comp will put some progress pics up if anyone take an interest

CJ
Thanks given by: