Definitive FMIC pipes needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Definitive FMIC pipes needed
Right, been searching for AGES and not found any definite answers to this.

What pipes are needed for a FMIC install on an XUD? I'm using the Berlingo manifold, similar to the Xantia/406 one. The inlet pipe is simple enough and I know how i'm routing that, but i'm stuck with the turbo-FMIC routing. I know how i'm doing the front end of the install, but what pipes do people squeeze round the manifold to get to the front of the engine? There's feck all space, the T2 seems to point AT the manifold and space is a little tight.

Suggestions?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Right, been searching for AGES and not found any definite answers to this.

What pipes are needed for a FMIC install on an XUD? I'm using the Berlingo manifold, similar to the Xantia/406 one. The inlet pipe is simple enough and I know how i'm routing that, but i'm stuck with the turbo-FMIC routing. I know how i'm doing the front end of the install, but what pipes do people squeeze round the manifold to get to the front of the engine? There's feck all space, the T2 seems to point AT the manifold and space is a little tight.

Suggestions?
personally ive used 2.25" for mine, using the standard turbo to tmic pipe but instead of there being a tmic i have a 51-57mm 90degree adapter iirc then another 90to get down by fuel pump and under the expantion tank then a lil 90 to sqeeze between the radiator, i dont know what car its off but its an oem pipe, could get a pic if needed
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Please mate, just want to know the pipe from turbo to top of the engine
Thanks given by:
If it's any use to you I have a 90deg Samco hose adaptor for the pipe from the turbo to IC. Think it goes up to 2" PM if it's any use to you.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
What size is the T2 outlet? FMIC i'm using is 2.25"
Thanks given by:
Iirc its 2" (51mm)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if there is A definitive list for these things! I took the easy option and bought a setup from a fellow member, not a clue where the bits came off but he reckoned there were at least 4 different cars that it all came out of!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
As already said, you can use the standard turbo-TMIC pipe to route from turbo to the top of the bay.

As for the rest get looking in peoples project threads. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Harky Wrote:I'm not sure if there is A definitive list for these things! I took the easy option and bought a setup from a fellow member, not a clue where the bits came off but he reckoned there were at least 4 different cars that it all came out of!

lol
Turbo to intercooler;
-standard 306 pipe
-renault laguna hard aluminium pipe
-renault laguna silicone 70degree pipe
-renault laguna hard aluminium 80degree bend
-hydraulic hose

Megane intercooler

Intercooler to inlet manifold;
-bmw 320d rubber pipe
-bmw aluminium pipe
-golf mk4 rubber joiner
-406 hard plastic pipe
-406 rubber joiner to 406 manifold

A lot of headscratching and extra pipes went into that setup Big Grin
Thanks given by:
anto Wrote:
Harky Wrote:I'm not sure if there is A definitive list for these things! I took the easy option and bought a setup from a fellow member, not a clue where the bits came off but he reckoned there were at least 4 different cars that it all came out of!

lol
Turbo to intercooler;
-standard 306 pipe
-hydraulic hose

Megane intercooler

-bmw 320d rubber pipe
-bmw aluminium pipe
-golf mk4 rubber joiner
-406 hard plastic pipe

....And now there'l be even more head scratching to get it to fit the ph 1 radiator!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Standard pipe is good enough. I am using an aftermarket 90 degree extended pipe as I had one lying around. I have a pipe hosing and things in the garage actually
Thanks given by:
Harky Wrote:lol
Turbo to intercooler;
-standard 306 pipe
-hydraulic hose

Megane intercooler

-bmw 320d rubber pipe
-bmw aluminium pipe
-golf mk4 rubber joiner
-406 hard plastic pipe

....And now there'l be even more head scratching to get it to fit the ph 1 radiator![/quote]

Yeah i think you might struggle a bit!
Ive a load of pipes your welcome to take a look and see if any of them would help?
Thanks given by:
anto Wrote:Yeah i think you might struggle a bit!
Ive a load of pipes your welcome to take a look and see if any of them would help?

Cheers lol. Main thing I'm looking for atm is slimline fans, don't really want to run without. Do I need 1 or 2 and what size?
Thanks given by:
1 will be fine.
Mine rarely came on.
Thanks given by:
Cheers, think i've found one in belfast so hopefully might get started mounting stuff next week!
Thanks given by:
I'm just going for one 12" fan wired to a switch in the dash. Apparently these engines don't get too hot normally.
Thanks given by:
Yea I couldn't tell you the last time mine came on...but I don't know if they work so tend to hit heaters on when i gets to 90, would rather just hit fans!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D turbo, fmic and turbo info needed Chunky2613 4 1,300 25-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: daveylennon93
  Pipes For Air Filter/Future FMIC bigcheez2k3 13 4,991 04-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  Has anyone took FMIC pipes around chasis legs on phase 1? silverzx 4 1,262 20-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb