Where are people running boost gauges from?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are people running boost gauges from?
Hey everyone

I am going to fit a boost gauge when the inter cooler all goes in but I was wondering where people are running them from?

Some people tap into the wastegate pipe but I am thinking drill and tap the intake elbow and my mate has suggested that as well.

Surely both will show different pressures if there is pressure drop over the length of the pipe.
What pressures would I be aiming for on say a stage 2 map with the take off point at the elbow?

Thanks, Jack
Thanks given by:
I'd say about 19psi at the inlet, that gives enough for a drop of a couple psi across the intercooler without over-stressing the turbo. Drilling and tapping the inlet elbow would do the job fine, could put a take off in the old egr port.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Okie dokie lovely cheers Smile I can take the inlet elbow that I have bought to work and try and get it drilled and tapped and then fit a take off point into it Smile

Thanks
Thanks given by:
How do you do it to the egr port? Bit confused here...the pipe leading off it?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
I imagine it would only work if the egr has been removed and blanked both ends.then fabricating a take off from the port on the inlet elbow.
Thanks given by:
I'm about to drill & tap a spare inlet elbow for my HDi, so that's interesting to read.
my biggest headache has been where to run the sensor wires into the cabin. For which i've decided to drill a tight hole through the l/h steering column bung + silicon sealer.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
There's a bung up under the scuttle panel to the right of the master cylinder servo that's pretty ideal.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: Magenta Sunset
My hdi has a boost guage that is tapped into the inlet elbow.. I'm pretty sure its been remapped although the boost gauge reads 14-15psi?
Thanks given by:
Mine goes through this hole that poodle suggested.. a Boro or pointy stick is required as the sound deadening gets in the way..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
ta, i'll make use of that ThumbsUp
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: