Fitting Xantia Inlet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Xantia Inlet
So will hopefully be fitting my xantia manifold soon. Bit nervous as I've heard this can be an absolute pain to do. Is there any guide or can someone tell me the process and what need removing?

Thanks guys Smile
Thanks given by:
Top mount intercooler, turbo intake pipe , boost pipe, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold then swap gaskets and re assemble , not sure if you can retain original airfilter pipe work that runs behind the inlet manifold when you fit a xantia mani
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 10:01 AM)Nath140889 Wrote: Top mount intercooler, turbo intake pipe , boost pipe, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold then swap gaskets and re assemble , not sure if you can retain original airfilter pipe work that runs behind the inlet manifold when you fit a xantia mani

So theoretically it's simple just space is an issue. And yeah I may have to do a new rout for the air filter, may have to run de filtered for a little bit 
Thanks given by:
Pretty much is just a harder job due to lack of space tbh , can always take top engine mount off and pull the engine forwards a little with a strap around the front crossmember and to a lifting eye , would solve the issue of space, helps to remove battery and battery box too for doing the exhaust mani
Thanks given by:
Support the engine, take the left engine mount off and roll it forward. You'll need the extra room.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Cool thanks guys Smile big help
Thanks given by:
As said get a jack under the engine and take the cam belt side mount off and get the engine as far forward as poss. It aint to bad to do to be honest
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 12:09 PM)Frosty Wrote: As said get a jack under the engine and take the cam belt side mount off and get the engine as far forward as poss. It aint to bad to do to be honest

Yeah hopefully it won't be the worst job ever. Gonna do it when I have a couple of days off to make sure I have enough time
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xantia inlet gasket Frosty 13 3,931 20-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Mal
  inlet gasket change xantia manifold Chris_90 4 2,547 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Last Post: aggyj17