More power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More power
Hi guys,

There's probably been hundreds of posts on here about this, but here goes.

I've got some spare cash going, (around £850)

Could I modify any part of my engine to gain more power on this amount of money? And if so what could I do?

All comments welcome as always. Smile
Thanks given by:
Could buy another '6 for that, strap them together, instant 343bhp... Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 05:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Could buy another '6 for that, strap them together, instant 343bhp... Wink

Haha! Good shout mate! Smile

I am on the lookout for another one I'm gonna garage for the winter. But I fancy getting a wee bit more power out of my Phase 2! Smile
Thanks given by:
Set catcams from pug1off the same as mine for £400 ish I think

Mine have been dyno'd at 193 bhp and have 267 of duration the biggest you can go before you have to start messing about with internals
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 06:51 PM)7057sam Wrote: Set catcams from pug1off the same as mine for £400 ish I think

Mine have been dyno'd at 193 bhp and have 267 of duration the biggest you can go before you have to start messing about with internals

How easy are these to put into the engine? Do you need to remove the engine and re-time it etc?
Thanks given by:
Cambelt off and replace, cam carriers out, reseal and fit cams, Time them in, as for being easy it depends on what you know, I supply CAT Cams as well
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
Mine are these,I believe they require you need to retard by 3 degrees 

[attachment=22517]
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 10:21 PM)miles Wrote: Cambelt off and replace, cam carriers out, reseal and fit cams, Time them in, as for being easy it depends on what you know, I supply CAT Cams as well

Are these the cams 7057Sam has?
Thanks given by:
Be VERY careful putting cams into the RS engine. Especially if it has had any kind of rebuild including a head skim.

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=104146

See post number 90, page 4

Best way to make your car quicker for that money would be lighter wheels and tyres. And a diff - just night and day difference to how much speed you can carry.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 07:33 PM)adam b Wrote: Be VERY careful putting cams into the RS engine. Especially if it has had any kind of rebuild including a head skim.

Best way to make your car quicker for that money would be lighter wheels and tyres. And a diff - just night and day difference to how much speed you can carry.

Thanks for the advice, I will get that done, I'm getting a full exhaust system and new manifold fitted at Peugeot Eccosse as well, hopefully this helps her pull a little better. Smile
Thanks given by:
Make sure the exhaust is lighter too Wink
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 08:02 PM)adam b Wrote: Make sure the exhaust is lighter too Wink

It is, Smile

This is the one I'm thinking about?
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 07:33 PM)adam b Wrote: Be VERY careful putting cams into the RS engine. Especially if it has had any kind of rebuild including a head skim.

Yeah scares me so much I'm actaully thinking of selling the cams and ecu to get a diff.

Whatever power mine's running atm is absolutely fine for combe 
Thanks given by: