Dvla v5cs and engine conversions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dvla v5cs and engine conversions.
I know a lot of people swap between engines on here and I qm soon as well. Obviously my insurance has been told and I'm covers there. I would like to tell the dvla as well. Has any body had any trouble doing this as I hear it can be a minefield of jumping though hoops to please them .
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
For me it was no hassle at all.

I sent them a letter with new and old engine numbers, new and old engine details, and also a receipt and photo of the engine.

Received the V5 back in 5 days no questions asked!

However Its luck of the draw, as ive heard of storys of all sorts, but tbh at worst would just need a "Engineers Report" (IE juts as an MOT station to give it the once over and sign a piece of paper you make which shows the details above, just to proove your correct)
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Well I could put it though my garage at work. My boss would let me. Im also a tester myself. Just want to give them as much detail as possible.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Not entirely relevant but the DVLA aren't as bad as a lot of people make out, I would actually call them to be honest as they are pretty good on the phone.
Thanks given by:
They wanted a receipt to show engine purchase or conversion from a garage.
So just do a reciept with your garages headed paper ThumbsUp
Need engine numbers
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Where is the engine number on the 2.1 out of interest?
Thanks given by:
Front of block, to right of oil filter
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do you have to declare a engine change to DVLA even if it's exactly the same? I fitted my new engine, identical to the original but unable to give them the new engine number as the block was too corroded to read the number.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
@Niall, yes you do have to declare any change of engine number legally.

@Tom, IIRC all the ones I've done I just filled out the number and sent it off.
Thanks given by:
Best try and get the logbook of the car the engine came from then :/
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
should be able to clean up the block surely Niall??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Already have but the number was barely stamped in on this block! I'll have the front off soon so will have a good look again. May have just me being a dick.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I had the same issue with the HDi block Niall, far too much rust to read the number!
Thanks given by:
I know your meant to declare all swaps including like for like. It doesn't mean everyone does.
Thanks for that piggy ill take a look on the block.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2015, 04:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I had the same issue with the HDi block Niall, far too much rust to read the number!

Sometimes it just needs a good scrub. Had to really rub away the shit from the engine number on mine.
Thanks given by:
@Niall

If you cant read the engine number on the block there is no way to tell that it isnt the engine that came with the car so why bother going through the hassle?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Because if the guy who now has my old engine registers that in his car, the DVLA computers may pic up on it being in two cars? Lol
I genuinely don't know how it works or how much they give a shit so may be wrong!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Highly unlikely the dvla will know an engine number is in two cars, its just an engine number, could be a totally random combination you give them, they don't care.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Very common on any XU engine, 205 ones washed off until the very late ones got a stamped number, Iron blocks generally rust away and unlike TU and ES engine's have the number on the cambelt cover which is as useless again almost but easy to change
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2015, 08:02 PM)Niall Wrote: Because if the guy who now has my old engine registers that in his car, the DVLA computers may pic up on it being in two cars? Lol
I genuinely don't know how it works or how much they give a shit so may be wrong!!

Aahh right fair point i didnt realise your old engine was in another car

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
one of my old scrap blocks is in a race car lol.

been through a vic with not just the "wrong" engine number, but the wrong engine type, not a thing was said, half a dozen mot's.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So maybe not a good call DVLA Orta 4 2,263 26-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  DVLA got their act together. Dum-Dum 5 1,435 18-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Telling the dvla about a engine/fuel type change aggyj17 14 2,436 06-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Last Post: aggyj17