Easiest way to get speaker wires into the doors?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to get speaker wires into the doors?
Alright guys. I need to get a set of hefty speaker wires through into my doors. I have onr think pair for the tweeters and one thick pair for the mids as well. What would be the best place to drill through on the car to get the cables through to the door?

Thanks, Jack
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 02:34 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Alright guys. I need to get a set of hefty speaker wires through into my doors. I have onr think pair for the tweeters and one thick pair for the mids as well. What would be the best place to drill through on the car to get the cables through to the door?

Thanks, Jack

The standard speaker wire runs to the door through the rubbber boot near the hinge. Should already be wire there and all for you
Thanks given by:
why do you need to add more cbles? youve got tweeters and mids? i presume crossovers as well? just mount the crossovers inside the doors and split them out from there?
Thanks given by:
(30-03-2015, 08:37 AM)Eeyore Wrote: why do you need to add more cbles? youve got tweeters and mids? i presume crossovers as well? just mount the crossovers inside the doors and split them out from there?

If the chap is spending decent wedge on a nice amp, speakers and crossover setup - be daft to let it down by using the oem wiring
Thanks given by:
Thats why I need proper cables. I have roughly 140w rms going to each door and the crossovers are in the boot as slaming the doors can damage them if they are mounted in the doors.
Thanks given by:
Going to have to make holes in the pillars? Then use the door loom grommets, will need to find some with round ends and get a holesaw / step drill bit to match.

Might be tricky as they are triple skinned IIRC
Thanks given by:
I'll ask when I get my 6 back this week.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speaker Dimensions puglife306 5 3,539 30-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  speaker size John1.4 6 2,127 18-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Last Post: JME1998pug
  Amp speaker wiring Iceman299 0 1,084 10-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Iceman299