Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track
Thank you Stef / Twangy / Piggy ...

I enjoyed doing the pot Stef ....
I'm sorting stuff under the bonnet today ..reversing the throttle cable & fitting the non Mocal sandwich plate & checking a dripping Oil cooler ..
Hopefully tomorrow wiring up the fuel pump ?
Thanks given by:
My Mocal oil rad split last year I've got a aps rad now from jjc seems to be ok.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Well I fitted a new 16row Setrab after my Mocal was leaking & a open circuit (Non) Thermostat sandwich plate ..

Sorted my Jenvey linkage out & fitted a new throttle cable from a MTB bike thank you Shimano ....

Found a crack in my Carbon Fibre Air intake box I'll have to repair

Not a cheap hobby

Happier with the throttle now ...so smooth & easy to press

Works better & new buy Mocal again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks epic chap!

I know this is an older photo as you've moved the throttle cable, a silly question from me; how come you run the original fuel-rail and injectors?

Thanks given by:
(22-03-2016, 10:06 PM)mackat Wrote: Looks epic chap!

I know this is an older photo as you've moved the throttle cable, a silly question from me; how come you run the original fuel-rail and injectors?

I run 8 injectors m8
Thanks given by:
very similar to how mine is laid out, though my pipes are all in the original clips and come up the side of the engine as standard.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2016, 11:16 AM)welshpug Wrote: very similar to how mine is laid out, though my pipes are all in the original clips and come up the side of the engine as standard.

Who do you think I took my Ideas from Mei  Rofl

Your not having credit for my Shimano brake cable with the worlds most expensive nano polymer Lubs on it ....sooo Smooth & easy to push & returns like lightning Inlove
Thanks given by:
Little update ...Brembos totally refurbed & both back from Godspeed who do amazing brake work ...big thank you to Ben & his dad Ian...
Had one of the hard Alloy Anodized Pistons replaced as it was lazy & turned out to be pitted....

Pitted

Sorted out the Stainless double clamp ring Satchel shift with much larger CV boot ...
Did this because the supplied boot put pressure on the selector Rod & the shift didn't feel as smooth as it could be 1000% better & selections amazing now ...like having no boot on at all

Carbon fibre Airfilter housing mended with 1.2mm Stainless & bonded & clamped onto the Carbon Fibre

Drivers seat will be dropped 2.5 inches down & that should help keep my Head with my helmet
On a long way away from the cage

Throttle cable linkage to pedal now has metal end ...getting rid of those plastic breakable things ...

Also used a MTB top end Brake cable with PTFE liner & used stupid price Nano Polymer white cable grease to make extra smooth.
Feels Soo light & frictionless now ....shortened the cable also by 18inch & turned the Jenvey linkage around to correct side

Thanks given by:
have the bremobs been repainted or just the internals checked and replaced?

Also i think i sat in this car and liked the bucket seats at FCS. What are they? Read through the thread but cant find any details.
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2016, 03:25 PM)Eeyore Wrote: have the bremobs been repainted or just the internals checked and replaced?

Also i think i sat in this car and liked the bucket seats at FCS. What are they? Read through the thread but cant find any details.

They have been totally taken apart & pressure tested when reassembled & everything renewed apart from Pistons which normally never need to be...
Then powder coated ..

My new drivers seat is pictured below ...trying to buy a second passenger one now because they are £500 each sadly

Thanks given by:
(24-03-2016, 10:59 AM)Day666 Wrote:

I run 8 injectors m8

8 injectors!  Confused
What are the pros and cons of doing this?
Also what management system do you use?
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2016, 04:45 PM)mackat Wrote:

I run 8 injectors m8

8 injectors!  Confused

DTA 40s
Basically ...the Front close to the head stnd place injectors are for lower down revs & further away from head are for higher revs ...they mix & work better further away at top end !
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2016, 05:29 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(24-03-2016, 04:45 PM)mackat Wrote:

I run 8 injectors m8

8 injectors!  Confused

DTA 40s
Basically ...the Front close to the head stnd place injectors are for lower down revs & further away from head are for higher revs ...they mix & work better further away at top end !

Nice..! Smile
Thanks given by:
Well yesterday my mechanic m8 Martin came to help me fit my new (Miles) refurbed 6speed box with New 4.75 Bacci gear-set
Had to remove 3j plate diff & replace Crownwheel for the one in my box that matches ...

Then fit new Crank seal & RichW Lighened flywheel with new GEN bolts all torqued up

Helix Sprung 4paddle clutch & Helix Pressure plate

Fitted new (non) ajustable clutch cable ...made by Speedy cables in wales ..it has self ajustable end & all plastic ends are metal

Pedal end

RichW roller bottom arms with new ball joints fitted also & Greased with Graphite sticky as hell ultra high pressure grease ....

New Drive shaft seals both sides fitted ...
Redline 75/80 MTL gearbox oil used ...bloody Royal Purple prices as needed 2 as sold in US measures short of litres ..

Fitted Bosch oil filter & Millers Race Nanodrive 10w/50 oil ...came out best in two recent tests ...they don't make 10w/40 sadly .

Had a few issues on my 6 ...Rich W PAS pipe had come loose & was weeping ...just tightened up a little ..

A slightly bigger issue is my Spoox Oring thermostat conversion water pipe is leaking water when moved at all ...not happy about this so I'm going to get rid & rethink

Picture of item leaking below ...

Goes into this

Going to see if this fits ?

Thanks given by:
I use the 10w60 version of that oil. Supposed to be half decent.
I can ask on the seat too as we are a dealer. Quite hard to find second hand though
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
That clutch cable is perfect - do you know if they're willing to do.make/sell anymore?

I've got a metal fitting on the pedal end of an original cable, but it has meant shortening the cable to get it on = high clutch pedal.

<3 the flywheel too, shame it has to be covered up
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2016, 10:20 AM)adam b Wrote: I use the 10w60 version of that oil. Supposed to be half decent.
I can ask on the seat too as we are a dealer. Quite hard to find second hand though

Hope I've made myself clear ?....I've got a drivers one New I've been using ...just need a matching passenger side Adam ...if you could m8 & I only have cobra steel side mounts which are dam heavy & I need some quality decent Alloy ones a pair of ...not paying £90 for one seat for new ones  Undecided

Thanks Adam  Inlove

(26-03-2016, 10:28 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: That clutch cable is perfect -  do you know if they're willing to do.make/sell anymore?

I've got a metal fitting on the pedal end of an original cable, but it has meant shortening the cable to get it on = high clutch pedal.

<3 the flywheel too, shame it has to be covered up

Yes they have keep the design on file ....all you need to do is give them your old cable or broken cable  so they can use all the other bits off them ...they put new outer & inner & both metal ends on including threaded ajustable end for £55 ....it's smooth as silk even with the Helix & helix pressure plate ...I think that's really good for a one off ?

Yes agree the RichW flywheels are a work of art ...I'm aware he just buys them in .....

Massive difference in feel with that horrible self ajuster gone Rofl

Thanks given by:
Yeah I believe he gets the fly from ttv which are based in ipswich.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Aarrrrrhhhhggghhhhhhhggh

/Thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2016, 11:06 AM)7057sam Wrote: Yeah I believe he gets the fly from ttv which are based in ipswich.

That's them Sam ...yes m8 ...think lots of people have used or run them ...well known ...I believe a few years back they had issues with starter rings wearing ?

(26-03-2016, 11:47 AM)Piggy Wrote: Aarrrrrhhhhggghhhhhhhggh

/Thread

I'm now hoping to have it fully ready in two wks time ...things after a serious fire have gone better than expected Rofl
Thanks given by:
These pictures are for Piggy ...not fitted my Bumper yet but this is my Twin skin fibreglass bonnet sprayed & I want a badge ...so I sunk it into the grill

No bumper yet

They did an amazing job of the bonnet & you wouldn't know it was Fibreglass even 6 inches away  

Well done Piggy for getting them m8 .... Inlove

You can't see it in the picture but the Honeycomb badge is all drilled out apart from the Emblem

Thanks given by:
OMG! cant believe the money gone into this car in the last few months

GOOD EFFORT Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(27-03-2016, 06:42 PM)cully Wrote: OMG! cant believe the money gone into this car in the last few months

GOOD EFFORT Smile

Thank you ....I know I know ....scares the shit out of me .

I've really got to thank my girlfriend for moving into mine & buying into my house & getting rid of my credit cards & helping out finishing my 2year plan ...love her xxxx

..but I can't bloody wait to drive it ...all I need really but not essential is a matching passenger seat to my drivers one  Rofl
Thanks given by:
so thats the new seat but did you have buckets before those? maybe it was only the drivers one you had fitted before.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2016, 07:19 PM)Eeyore Wrote: so thats the new seat but did you have buckets before those? maybe it was only the drivers one you had fitted before.

I had a pair the same as passengers seat then bought the super doper bastard to get in one Rofl
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2016, 08:54 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(27-03-2016, 07:19 PM)Eeyore Wrote: so thats the new seat but did you have buckets before those? maybe it was only the drivers one you had fitted before.

I had a pair the same as passengers seat then bought the super doper bastard to get in one  Rofl

what make and model is the passenger seat?
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2016, 09:37 PM)Eeyore Wrote:

I had a pair the same as passengers seat then bought the super doper bastard to get in one  Rofl

Think they are a pair of Cobra Monacos ?....ill have to check
Thanks given by:

Corbeau clubsport I believe
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2016, 01:30 PM)7057sam Wrote:

Corbeau clubsport I believe

Your probably right Sam Rofl
Thanks given by:
As you can see by Photos before ...I replaced my box & Clutch etc & Noticed my Satchel shift main supporter post had come loose...should of Lock tightened it ...that then put loads of pressure on both Angled supports it slightly bent the thin 1.2mm angled drilled flat plate...it's the black second from top in picture ...

So I got my friend to cut out some Stainless Steel 3mm flat plate & I drilled it & hand bent it in a vice ....don't think that will happen again .. Rofl

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,546 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,534 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,632 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese