Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track
Thanks, very informative...  Smile

http://www.supermotors.net/forums/thid-1...-new#46026
Thanks given by:
Been asked about fitted pictures of Ryan's Fibreglass dashes ...he's on Facebook & mainly The 6 forum ....

Another

Another

Another

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Not posted for a while ...I've gone as far as i could afford & really wanted a Sequential box that's not going to happen ....
I'm storing the car over Winter & ive ordered a F2000c Full Carbon Fibre rear tailgate spoiler & got a pair of 25mm Torsion Bars coming also ..
I'll be fitting these & x4 new Dunlop DZ03g tyres all ready for next year & hopefully will be taking a trip to Cadwell ...
Thanks given by:
sounds great Tongue where do you get the carbon bits from?
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2016, 04:23 PM)Eeyore Wrote: sounds great Tongue where do you get the carbon bits from?

https://www.maximotorsport.com/
Thanks given by:
Small update ...
Just ordered the very first pair of Carbon/ Kevlar mix complete 306 doors from Maxi Motorsport / Tony Palfrey owner ...
Contact him on https://www.maximotorsport.com/

Amazing bloke who's twisted the arm of the company who only ever make them in GRP ....Colin Satchell & Dean Gammon have his doors in Carbon / Kevlar mix for both there 106s amazing quality

So 8wks time a set of doors should save me (40-50 kgs) as I'm using winders & glass at moment ...my doors will be up for sale complete if anybody's interested?

Also getting my rear 205 group A dampers Revalved by Bilstein to take my 25mm Torsion Bars ...
Thanks given by:
Sequential box would finish this off nicely.

Love itso.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 07:46 AM)Piggy Wrote: Sequential box would finish this off nicely.

Love itso.

Your so 100% spot on  Rofl

Maybe this time next year ????  That's my ultimate item now

Just under 300bhp & sub 900kgs with Sequential box Inlove
Thanks given by:
love the look of that dash!
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 09:16 AM)bilboaustin Wrote: love the look of that dash!

Well thank you ..it looks nearly standard but 19kg saving but no heater sadly ..Ryan ...Pug_306 sells them
They are Now on Ebay or half dash version or contact him on 6forum he bought the mould off me ....it was a one off NOT now  Rofl
Thanks given by:
I may have to buy one! Would it fit in an xsara?! Haha I couldn't do without a heater as I still use my car as a daily, I've looked into running a kit car type heater just to use as a de-mister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
just been on the maxi website. lots of good stuff on there. Have you got their carbon door cards?
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 10:07 AM)Eeyore Wrote: just been on the maxi website. lots of good stuff on there. Have you got their carbon door cards?

YES & windup windows
Thanks given by:
No heater Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 11:01 AM)Piggy Wrote: No heater Undecided

Real men don't need a heater Wink

So aiming for 300bhp/ton with sequential box? I call shotgun on another run at pugfest in that setup!!! :love:
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 12:13 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

So aiming for 300bhp/ton with sequential box? I call shotgun on another run at pugfest in that setup!!! :love:

Not 100% about my car at Pugfest next year Matt ?
25mm torsion bars & rear 600/320 dampers & still no power steering isn't going to make it pleasent & last years was bad enough !

I'm setting it up more for Combe / Cadwell / Oulton track m8 ...100% doing latter two mid next year

Since you last went in it ?....it should be 70kgs lighter & have rear F2000 spoiler & much better rear end with 25mm TBs & revalved Dampers ...the control meaning Ass end will come out & more front downforce with a large front Splitter being made soon & x4 new Dunlops ...mine are 2.5years old now & bold
Plus getting it corner weighted again once all bits are fitted
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 02:19 PM)Day666 Wrote:

25mm torsion bars & rear 600/320 dampers & still no power steering isn't going to make it pleasent & last years was bad enough !

I'm setting it up more for Combe / Cadwell / Oulton track m8 ...100% doing latter two mid next year

How come still no PAS? dude your car rocked the hill this year and im sure provided the best soundtrack of the day! Tongue  be a shame not to see it there next year.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 02:24 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

How come still no PAS? dude your car rocked the hill this year and im sure provided the best soundtrack of the day! Tongue  be a shame not to see it there next year.

I may do but it's horrible to drive on the roads now also ....may get it trailered there ?.....will see ...I've not missed one in 4 years of having the car Rofl

The PAS needs 50amps & my tiny Altenator is only 40amp & the weight of it is 16kgs....don't need it for track days ...see see
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2016, 02:28 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:24 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

I may do but it's horrible to drive on the roads now also ....may get it trailered there ?.....will see ...I've not missed one in 4 years of having the car  Rofl

Best not break a habit Wink

Bonus of trailer also means you don't have to worry about driving there or driving home!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
100% YES Matt....
Thanks given by:
Small update ...
Just ordered the very first pair of Carbon/ Kevlar mix complete 306 doors from Maxi Motorsport / Tony Palfrey owner ...
Contact him on https://www.maximotorsport.com/

Amazing bloke who's twisted the arm of the company who only ever make them in GRP ....Colin Satchell & Dean Gammon have his doors in Carbon / Kevlar mix for both there 106s amazing quality

So 8wks time a set of doors should save me 40-50 kgs as I'm using winders & glass at mo ...my doors will be up for sale complete if anybody's interested?

Also getting my rear 205 group A dampers Revalved by Bilstein to take my 25mm Torsion Bars ...I've acquired ...

Small update again

Well because of the Carbon / Kevlar doors coming I've decided to go the full job & order a full set of Carbon door cards ....the difference with these front ones from France from the Carbon ones Twangy made me is the ones Via Tony Palfrey are shaped all around the sides & im thinking this may help stiffen them up even more ?
Wil Declaudio now has 106 ones that look unreal from Tony also

https://www.maximotorsport.com/products....or%20Cards

Also full Carbon F2000 spoiler ordered & coming ....from Tony Palfrey link above
Thanks given by:
so much carbon... D:
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2016, 04:01 PM)Eeyore Wrote: so much carbon... D:

Nearly all of it will be sprayed as the Fibreglass Bonnet & tailgate have  TMI

I'm sure you know I'm fitting it for weight saving ...NOT For looks as I do with most things ....it's going to save over 40kgs with Hard shell windows & I'm sure your aware that Carbon / Kevlar is less flexible than fibreglass ....& better on impacts  Rofl
Thanks given by:
Big thank you to those that voted for me for Petrol of the Year award Heart
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Not posted for a while ....
Kevlar/ carbon composite doors & Carbon Fibre door panels have arrived & ive been working on Passenger side first ...
They have alloy 8mm plates I've had to drill through that are sandwiched between Kevlar where hinges bolt for extra strength...
It was a ballach getting the hinges located in 95% correct height as no real template from original doors matched ...I got them just out height wise by 5mm meaning I had to drill x4 more holes again ...no big issue ....amazingly & im shocked the doors fit as good originals & are even stiffer at the top where the thieves normally bend them out...
I'm going to be running Polycarb AR windows with 210mm square sliders bonded & bolted to the front doors & the size is much smaller than standard Polycarbonate standard door windows so I've made a template without opener just to make sure they are 100% made right all pics below

(15-03-2017, 09:14 AM)Day666 Wrote: Not posted for a while ....
Kevlar/ carbon composite doors & Carbon Fibre door panels have arrived & ive been working on Passenger side first ...
They have alloy 8mm plates I've had to drill through that are sandwiched between Kevlar where hinges bolt for extra strength...
It was a ballach getting the hinges located in 95% correct height as no real template from original doors matched ...I got them just out height wise by 5mm meaning I had to drill x4 more holes again ...no big issue ....amazingly & im shocked the doors fit as good originals & are even stiffer at the top where the thieves normally bend them out...
I'm going to be running Polycarb AR windows with 210mm square sliders bonded & bolted to the front doors & the size is much smaller than standard Polycarbonate standard door windows so I've made a template without opener just to make sure they are 100% made right all pics below

Hinges

Door side view

Lock cut out

Trial fitted on my m8s scrap 306 ...fits so well

100% Kevlar / carbon mix ...good to know
Each door weighs 6.3kgs instead of 27kgs each standard ones so 40kgs ish saving

Thanks given by:
Door cards look pimp mate
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
Thank you

They has built in ashtray closers as handles Rofl

Completely shaped to fit around the sides of the doors

Thanks given by:
Cant wait to see them fitted Tongue
Thanks given by:
This build is awesome mate, can't wait to see what they're like fitted

Any idea about total weight after you swap the doors?

Thanks given by:
(16-03-2017, 08:50 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: This build is awesome mate, can't wait to see what they're like fitted

Any idea about total weight after you swap the doors?

I will hopefully get it finished June / july ..hopefully
I recon 800kgs maybe just over ?

It's producing with Sandys full race engine 289bhp N/A power ..
And last time I weighed it it was 867kgs & the doors have taken 41kgs off that & 13kgs for the dash & 6kgs for smaller battery ....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,549 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,539 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,638 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese