Vtec yo!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vtec yo!!
Wink 
Spotted this in asda carpark this morning, got me a little excited to say the least Wink spoke to the owner. Its running a 1.8 vtec vti spec with standard internals and a gt25 bolted on at about 12psi. It's running a side exit out of front bumper, sounds epic Wink Getting it mapped next week and should be running around 420bhp!! Big Grin[attachment=22240]

[attachment=22241]

[attachment=22242]

[attachment=22243]

[attachment=22244]
Thanks given by:
Looks like all the modifications were done with a hammer and a junior hacksaw

MG hairpin wheels?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 08:22 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Looks like all the modifications were done with a hammer and a junior hacksaw

MG hairpin wheels?

Lol I was gonna say that. It's a rough job but I like the concept/build my kind of thing just a bit neater lol yep I think they are hairpins as it was the civic they collaborated with rover :/
Thanks given by:
Thought they'd just cut a hole for the air filter at first lol then noticed the FMIC...
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 09:07 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Thought they'd just cut a hole for the air filter at first lol then noticed the FMIC...

Lol that's exactly what I thougt at first. I was like wtf why is the airfilter out the bumper. Thought it was a pykey "cold air feed" thing haha
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 09:14 AM)Bassman85 Wrote:
(17-03-2015, 09:07 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Thought they'd just cut a hole for the air filter at first lol then noticed the FMIC...

Lol that's exactly what I thougt at first. I was like wtf why is the airfilter out the bumper. Thought it was a pykey "cold air feed" thing haha

Yes lol I was like "Sick cold air feed bro" Although fair play if it's putting out some power, function > form and all that
Thanks given by:
So when it rains what does he do?!
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 09:16 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: So when it rains what does he do?!

Free water injection man! Who needs a pump and nozzles.. pfft
Thanks given by:
I've had a standard one of these in the past. Lsd and revs to 8500rpm which is fun but shocking fuel economy even when driven sensibly. 

This car looks chavtastic, wouldn't be seen dead driving it irrespective of what's under the bonnet

Edit: so a turbo and map with standard internals can see gains of ~260bhp??
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 08:14 AM)Bassman85 Wrote: .....
Its running a 1.8 vtec vti spec with standard internals and a gt25 bolted on at about 12psi
Getting it mapped next week and should be running around 420bhp!!

Complete BOLLOCKS!

There is no way that with standard internals and 12psi it can make 420bhp. Standard they make I'd assume about 160bhp and at 12psi he isn't even doubling the amount of air, I doubt he'll even see 300bhp

Fuel and air need to be in a certain ratio to make good power and yes as much as standard cars run a bit lean there is also extra losses by running a turbo like the heat and turning the turbo.
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty cool,would be fun on track personally like the hatchs more.

Ah as dum dum says the 420 figure is complete bollocks on standards internals.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I can't be the only one that think it looks completely shit... That's the sort of car I avoid in carparks expecting the owner to wheel spin out of the bay throwing gravel everywhere. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 08:14 AM)Bassman85 Wrote: Its running a 1.8 vtec vti spec with standard internals and a gt25 bolted on at about 12psi. Getting it mapped next week and should be running around 420bhp!!

IF it lasts that long.

Thats alot of boost to be running around with on a high compression engine and a shitty map.
Thanks given by:
The engine will handle that boost ok if it's mapped and treated correctly, neither of which it will I'd imagine!
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 01:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I can't be the only one that think it looks completely shit...  That's the sort of car I avoid in carparks expecting the owner to wheel spin out of the bay throwing gravel everywhere. Tongue

You're not mate. I'd rather walk than drive that piece of crap!
Thanks given by:
f*cking rovers lol
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
No matter what he says... Science (bitch!) can prove him wrong:

Let's assume that we're in a best case scenario...

He says he has 420hp, so if you take that he's running about 12:1 AFR, he's on stock internals, anything more is gonna melt shit... Give him a nice BSFC of .42 which I'd say is on the nice side for that engine, epically efficient post intercooler temperature of 55*C, peaking at 8000rpm in a 1.8 litre (110ci) engine...

From my maths that requires at least 17.5psi of boost and 35.28lb/min airflow..

Well surprise surprise - a GT25:

[Image: gt25rcompress.gif]

Won't provide 35lb/min airflow at *ANY* boost level, let alone at the 12psi figure he's talking about... at PR 2.20 - it'll only provide about 26lb/min!

So 12psi is bullshit, the fact he's running a GT25R says he can't be moving any more than about 25lb/min airflow without choking it... Not to mention, my maths is best case, from looking at the state of that thing, "best case" isn't really going to apply...

So yeah, science bitch!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 04:43 PM)Ruan Wrote: No matter what he says... Science (bitch!) can prove him wrong:

He says he has 420hp, so if you take that he's running about 12:1 AFR, he's on stock internals, anything more is gonna melt shit... Give him a nice BSFC of .42 which I'd say is on the nice side for that engine, epically efficient post intercooler temperature of 55*C, peaking at 8000rpm in a 1.8 litre (110ci) engine...

Won't provide 35lb/min airflow at *ANY* boost level, let alone at the 12psi figure he's talking about... at PR 2.20 - it'll only provide about 26lb/min!

So 12psi is bullshit, the fact he's running a GT25R says he can't be moving any more than about 25lb/min airflow without choking it... Not to mention, my maths is best case, from looking at the state of that thing, "best case" isn't really going to apply...

So yeah, science bitch!

Hahahaha that's awesome Wink I know I though "on stock internals" wtf lol that's nearly 3 times the power rofl so yeah bolt a turbo on a '6 and a map and hey presto 500hp Tongue
Thanks given by:
/Thread

Looks a shed imo. But it's probably the electric supercharger that gives it the extra boost......
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
is that actually a working intercooler, or the more popular "interfooler" that the honda boys love..

(airfilter -- intercooler -- NA inlet i fyou werent aware)

[Image: facepalmcolagert0.jpg]

nuff said
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 04:43 PM)Ruan Wrote: No matter what he says... Science (bitch!) can prove him wrong:

So yeah, science bitch!
Thanks given by:
on a side note

http://www.hondaforums.com/topic/32123-interfooler-ftw/ < AHJAHAHAHAHAH
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2015, 05:04 PM)Bassman85 Wrote:

So yeah, science bitch!

Hahahaha that's awesome Wink I know I though "on stock internals" wtf lol that's nearly 3 times the power rofl so yeah bolt a turbo on a '6 and a map and hey presto 500hp Tongue

Stock internals or not, makes no difference, fact is, a 1.8 litre engine won't produce 420hp at 12psi boost... Especially not on a GT25R...

If he'd have bolted on a GT28R or GT30R to it and was running 18psi boost, then I'd start to believe that shit, but hey, he's talking out his arsehole!

GTI6 will probably make 500hp at 22psi boost at a realistic guess, requiring a flow rate of about 42-43lb/min using a BSFC of about .42, same as the 1.8 VTEC motor, the B18 is probably a bit better than the GTi6, but for the sake of argument... GTI6 would do it on stock internals, for about 5 minutes...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Aww diddums, he's got his numbers a bit mixed up there.

There is a thread over on Pistonheads (sadly the pictures no longer work) of a bloke who built a turbo'd Accord R. Because of gearbox limitations, it topped out at around 180mph... But the way it got there was absolutely insane. Proper cool build - but to several miles better standard than the OPs ricer Civic..
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Looks like DumDum's standards.. Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone used Vtec? Hobo Ash 13 2,654 17-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  106 GTI 2.2 VTEC Wide Body RWD eBay MY95 36 12,022 12-01-2015, 01:26 AM