how did i end up here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how did i end up here
so guys i have had an issue with the 306 lets see who can guess what happened and how i ended up here
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
How is easy.. You broke down haha
Thanks given by:
maybe i should have been clearer as in what caused the breakdown wich btw was not really a breakdown car still runs great just cant drive here are the rest of the pics

here they are

a few more

Thanks given by:
Ouch that doesn't look fun :/
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
the rescue guy said the car was very clean for its age and he was right under it checking it would be ok to put on flat bed get these issues fixed along with the water pump and rear beam and all looking good for MOT of course ill need tires for that as well but all good glad it happened in away cause it forceses me to do everything sooner

matt it hurts like f**k

iam just glad that when it gave fully i was trying to park it rather than the minutes before when i was doing around 50 on the dual carrigeaway

Thanks given by:
The hub fractured?
The pinch bolt still looks present though?!
Or a 16mm BJ in an 18mm hub lol
Thanks given by:
Th hub split right in half possibly due to over tightening of pinch bolt or now u mention it ball joint wrong size just had ball joint replaced first stop mechanic that did that thank god I took out breakdown cover or car would be sitting where it happened still

Thanks given by:
I wonder if he kept tightening the bolt to clamp the wrong size ball joint
Thanks given by:
wow someone cocked up. the main thing is that you didnt do this on the motorway.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
the picture of that ball joint the bolts haven't been replace any time recent
you get new bolts with a balljoint Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
There is no proof that it was my mechanic it may have been it's time to go but everything points at him I'll be seeing him Monday when he opens hopefully get some answers you would have thought if it was so badly damaged it would fail within a few weeks it would be pointed out not ignored hopefully a free repair from this unfortunately no compensation for my lost earnings

Thanks given by:
The hub split in half!? What!? Need pics of that lol, never heard of that before. Confused

Also, I'm sure someone elses BJ fell off on here just last week as they were parking as well? Maybe handbrake turning into bays isn't helping... lol
Thanks given by:
Certainly did that well, post pics of the hub etc as its stripped please
Thanks given by:
I'll get pics of these up 2moro once I have picked up the 1.2 clip iam borrowing while the 306 is being repaired

Thanks given by:
OMG, ABM Angels fwend! lmao

Harsh one for you though mate, hope you get it sorted out with your mechanic. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2015, 07:42 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: OMG, ABM Angels fwend! lmao

Those ones have been on the forum for a while, used to belong to B19 FEX. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just looked through sb's other posts, and found where you informed him of the rarity of them. Wink Still can't believe I finally managed to get you to part with them! lol

So glad you did though! Love these headlights. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Meh, they don't fit the Focus anyway. Tongue Did kinda miss them with the GTi6 though lol.
Thanks given by:
Not unheard of, when i got my goodwood it was on 306 hubs for some reason, some spanner with a spanner had clearly over tightened the pinch bolt. Luckily i was going round a slow corner (bump finished it off) rather than the 140+ the car is happy to do.

[Image: DSCF0433_zps309a89d9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Happy days after over a week of driving a 1.2 clio around while waiting for space at the garage my 306 is up and running agian and my wallet 100 pounds lighter turns out it wasnt the pinch bolt being to tight but a mon abs hub on an abs car so was only a matter of time before it went now to get waterpump fixed amd with that a question guys is it normal to be charged in the region off 240 for a water pump replacement aswell as the belts of course when the kit is only around 50 would i manage this myself with trainee mechanics help???

Thanks given by:
That's a lie about the hub!

I've ran a non ABS hub on a ABS car and I know several people that are currently....

I think they're lying to you so they don't have to pay out!

That has absolutely nothing to do with it whatsoever

The only main difference is an extra bit of casting which holds the ABS sensor and has nothing to do with the pinch bolt
Thanks given by:
Abs and non abs is bullshit. They are fobbing you off. Go back and tell them. I'm running one of each on other half's car. Its fine. Only a 16mm balljoint in a n 18mm hub would do that
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Exactly my point, they've put the wrong ball joint in and f*cked it up the lady gardens
Thanks given by:
Maybe best not to use them agian then and I will be talking to him if I get no where the missus will be straight round and ive learnt the hard way you dont get on the wrong side of my missus especially when it comes to money he said he had replace the ball joint as well cause it was damaged because off this maybe he has reliased what he has done now.

Ill be showing him this and if need be will take another mechanic with me

Thanks given by:
(16-03-2015, 07:51 PM)allye Wrote: Not unheard of, when i got my goodwood it was on 306 hubs for some reason, some spanner with a spanner had clearly over tightened the pinch bolt. Luckily i was going round a slow corner (bump finished it off) rather than the 140+ the car is happy to do.

That looks like a non ABS driveshaft though...
Thanks given by:
From what the others have said It looks like it is irrelevant if the ball joint is qrong size the fact that he made a point of atating the ball joint size on the receipt this time but not last time may mean he is trying to hide something or maybe iam just parra

Thanks given by:
Drive shafts are irrelevant to this. They are all the same size based on engine types. Only difference is they press an abs ring on the end.
Thanks given by:
Had it of been the wrong size ball joint you would have noticed it would have been nocking like f*ck.

I bought a DT once that the idiot had put the wrong size ball joint on and cranked right up you could even get to half lock without it poping out and leaking gear box oil every where lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(25-03-2015, 12:49 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(16-03-2015, 07:51 PM)allye Wrote: Not unheard of, when i got my goodwood it was on 306 hubs for some reason, some spanner with a spanner had clearly over tightened the pinch bolt. Luckily i was going round a slow corner (bump finished it off) rather than the 140+ the car is happy to do.

That looks like a non ABS driveshaft though...

incorrect. It's a 406 abs shaft with the abs ring knocked off. 
Thanks given by:
That picture is not my car just an example only pics off mine are ones I have posted

Thanks given by: